Metal Storm logo
Nightwish - New Video Online

The newest Nightwish video "Amarath" has been played on the MTV Finland and it is now online. It is the first appearence of the band after the replacing of soprano singer Tarja Turunen with Anette Olzon. Amaranth is the release single of the new album Dark Passion Play and it has been directed by Antti Jokinen (Korn, Stratovarius).

To watch the "Amarath" video, click here.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 16.08.2007 by Thryce

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 56   Visited by: 11 users
17.08.2007 - 09:29
GT
Coffee!!
I like the song and the voice of Anette. It's refreshing to hear something "new"...but the moves she makes in the video they're just stupid
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
17.08.2007 - 09:42
Reizenstein

The lot of you who complain on Anette's "moves" in the video, remember that she mostly does what the director tells her to do, so if you're gonna shoot somebody, shoot the director instead of crying a river.

I personally lika Anette's vocals, and they are incomparable to tarja's vocals, since that are two completely different styles of singing. Looking forward to buying this album.
----
Growl
17.08.2007 - 09:46
Damned-In-Black

The song is catchy and nice and... plastic/worthless.

The video might have been ok for a better song, minus the band-shots.
17.08.2007 - 10:49
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i have said my opinion in the Nightwish Thread already :

Song - 1-2 (or A-B for USA )
Video - 5 (F) ... or even more if the scale will be bigger
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

17.08.2007 - 11:36
Dumper

The singer is okay... though Tarja's voice was more powerful like their music and if fitted more.
One thing i didn't like about her is that she acts like a horney gal with an inviting look... well... she doesn't succeeds that much. she make too much of herself in the clip.

MUSIC ROCKS
17.08.2007 - 13:39
AncientOrigins

Written by SacredBlade on 17.08.2007 at 01:00

Anyone who thinks this woman is a better singer than Tarja is either completely tone-deaf or a complete moron...

Too bad I don't listen to what fucktwats like you have to say. You sir, are a complete moron of epic proportions. Fuck off.
----
http://myspace.com/shoresofsheol - My Black Metal band
17.08.2007 - 13:55
InsanitySpreads
Account deleted
UggH!
This is fucking pathetic pop-metal! Nightwish is dead. Face it.
17.08.2007 - 14:35
ghost

ok this song sound pop but apparently the rest of the album is better i don't know tgey choose this one !!! nevermind i prefer this voice than the too much opera voice of tarja ...
----
metal always live in us and deedee always in my heart :dwink:
17.08.2007 - 14:41
iaberis
Advice Troll
Not impressed...
What's the new genre they play? Pop Metal?
----
Bitch! Please
17.08.2007 - 19:03
Carrion
Account deleted
Ïnteresting video, obviously inspired by the painting of Hugo Simberg.. The moves of Anette are way off Tarja's dramatic poses, they're more like moves of an Eurovision competitor, which is funny, since Nightwish have already tried to get there. This song is pretty much the new record's "Nemo". Well, Antti Jokinen has directed both of the videos anyways.

And no bitchin' people, these are my opinions.
17.08.2007 - 23:31
Elodie Artour
Slania
I totally dislike the new NW video.

First,it doesn't look like a NW video at all.
Second,the way Anette uses to"dance"like is just a bit...stupid,I think. :
And,well,I like only the fact that some how it is connected with nature.But I don't like the concept of it either.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
17.08.2007 - 23:53
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Guest on 17.08.2007 at 19:03

Ïnteresting video, obviously inspired by the painting of Hugo Simberg.. The moves of Anette are way off Tarja's dramatic poses, they're more like moves of an Eurovision competitor, which is funny, since Nightwish have already tried to get there. This song is pretty much the new record's "Nemo". Well, Antti Jokinen has directed both of the videos anyways.

And no bitchin' people, these are my opinions.

Good idea....they may now try and succeed and bring the victory back to Finland again lol....
18.08.2007 - 08:17
Icewings
La Luna
Well indeed is different, and he voice yeah a little popish but listen I think they made the right move, because if they hired someone so classical and operatic like tarja then it would really look like they were replacing her but trying to put someone like her ?get it so is ok so let's listen to the rest of the material , video songs well most of them are not the best so let's see !
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
18.08.2007 - 11:10
NECURATU

I don't think it's possible they could get gayer than this hahaha. They were nice a while a go now it's all downright corny.
----
When the sun rises I take my flock on the balks
When the moon rises I tell the woods good night
18.08.2007 - 20:09
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Hmm......it was okay.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
18.08.2007 - 22:10
Arcaliz666
Account deleted
Anette think this is a pop video
19.08.2007 - 03:59
rdeger

One song does not make an album. The new singer has a good enough voice if the rest of the material is at least as good as the first song, which is okay but nothing to get excited about. And as far as I am concerned, videos are rarely little more than a fashion show. I will hold off my judgment till I see them in concert in Cleveland in October and hear the entire cd.
----
rdeger
19.08.2007 - 06:19
Judas
The Amputator
It's a weird video. I don't know what to make of it. As for the song, well, it has shades of the old Nightwish that we love, and the pop-style chorus works well here. I didn't like the verses all that much, nor the strange little bridges here and there. The classical piano work is nicely done though, and Anette Olzon's vocals aren't all that bad. It's a big change from Tarja, and I probably prefer the older style, but there is room for growth here, and as people have said, one song doesn't make an album. The potential that this song shows is enough to make me want to get 'Dark Passion Play'.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
19.08.2007 - 13:50
NortheRnmost

I like the video, although it's a bit cliché. And okay, the song is a little poppy but so what. At least it's damn pretty and is the only "pop" song on the new album. Just like Nemo was on Once - clearly made that way to be a good selling single. What comes concerning Anette, she sounds very good and melodic. Not in a way like Tarja, no better or worse, just different. And who cares about some friggin' minor dance moves? It was just some head nodding and hip swinging, no real pop choreocraphy a´la Britney Spears. The new album is brilliant! Just wait and listen when Marco sings.
19.08.2007 - 18:33
Ernis
狼獾
Written by NortheRnmost on 19.08.2007 at 13:50

It was just some head nodding and hip swinging, no real pop choreocraphy a´la Britney Spears.

Haha lol...yo bitches! Anette with miniskirt and non-existing panties with 25 half naked backing dancers doing some WILD hot pole action! ЖD

Sorry...I'm glad I can't imagine it in its full horror.....

In case anyone didn't know...Tuomas admitted that of the new songs, "Amaranth" is the one he likes the least...he even wished to leave that song out but well....he wrote it to be a bit poppy on purpose...see....he managed to write a selling pop song.....not that he likes that kind of style.....
21.08.2007 - 12:52
Elodie Artour
Slania
Written by Bad English on 16.08.2007 at 18:44

No no I dont like it ok video are good but I need Tarja, Nighwish ont sounds Nighwish anymore seems thay gonna be like Epica, After Forever type of band, no

Epica and After Forever are NOT such bands at all!
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
21.08.2007 - 12:53
Beldrac13
Account deleted
after listening to Amaranth twice, I can't help but be reminded of an old band from Sweden, maybe their biggest musical export to date... ABBA
22.08.2007 - 00:52
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Guest on 21.08.2007 at 12:53

after listening to Amaranth twice, I can't help but be reminded of an old band from Sweden, maybe their biggest musical export to date... ABBA

You actually have a point here....Anette was, in fact, a singer of an ABBA tribute band....they say it's a good thing...ABBA's songs are actually difficult to sing and they are classically composed after all....Anette proudly uses this technique in Nightwish now.....
22.08.2007 - 05:46
Jonathan Tweet
Account deleted
wow theres a lot of controversy over this song and the new singer. personally this video annoys me when the singer bobs her head..makes me want to punch her! but for everyone who says "this is the death of nightwish" or "they're too poppy now"...what's your take on poet and the pendulum? The orchestration blows everything else I know out of the water...are there other bands this amazing that i haven't heard of?
22.08.2007 - 09:25
EquilibriuMTR
Account deleted
The one responsible for Anette's moves in this video should die in a painful way.

Anyway, for the ones who loved Nightwish just a couple of weeks ago and suddenly started hating them because of Anette's voice I can say one thing. FUCK OFF AND QUIT LISTENING TO NW, FAKE FANS. It's just simple as this. Tarja would sound less and less operatic with each album and Once was a big step towards it. Anette's style is what Tarja would sound like (I Wish I Had an Angel is an undenyable proof of this) if she did the vocals in Dark Passion Play.

You can all quit listening to NW Anette haters because we are better off without you. You can just go and listen to crappy shit and other worthless (what you call GOTHIC roflmao ) junk while we listen to quality music like Nightwish.
12.09.2007 - 07:45
demigod

hey guys,
check this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R81pFexSeyA

its the new nightwish video with subtitles

Hits total: 5312 | This month: 8