Metal Storm logo
Nightwish - New Video Online

The newest Nightwish video "Amarath" has been played on the MTV Finland and it is now online. It is the first appearence of the band after the replacing of soprano singer Tarja Turunen with Anette Olzon. Amaranth is the release single of the new album Dark Passion Play and it has been directed by Antti Jokinen (Korn, Stratovarius).

To watch the "Amarath" video, click here.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 16.08.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 56   Visited by: 11 users
16.08.2007 - 15:32
Nusk

quite good i would say
16.08.2007 - 15:35
Arrwyn

Hmm, near the end it reminded me of one of those Disney pop videos with the vocal melody she was using. >.>;
16.08.2007 - 15:38
Infurnace

Pretty good, and I must say that I like the new vocalist much more than Tarja.
16.08.2007 - 16:07
islanzadi

i was about to cry! i absolutely hated it friends,that woman is singing as a pop singer,her voice,her moves...what was those head shakes!wear her a blonde wig and you can easily say she is britney spears . tarja really had a royalty.her style and her appearance was so gothic...
this is one of my favourite videos of nightwish. watch tarja here.than watch amarath video. think again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clX1ftilu9Q
16.08.2007 - 17:23
RavenLord

Written by islanzadi on 16.08.2007 at 16:07

i was about to cry! i absolutely hated it friends,that woman is singing as a pop singer,her voice,her moves...what was those head shakes!wear her a blonde wig and you can easily say she is britney spears . tarja really had a royalty.her style and her appearance was so gothic...
this is one of my favourite videos of nightwish. watch tarja here.than watch amarath video. think again

Friend, you're ignoring the fact that the video you posted came before Nightwish's watershed. The rest of the band have been moulded by the popular media as much as Annette panders to the commercial scene; just see how they pose in the video (esp. Tuomas).

As for Annette, I think she's a much better singer than Tarja, who could barely hold a note and couldn't pronounce half her words. That doesn't change the fact that she's more-or-less a pop singer, which is what Nightwish have been for the past age.

Anyone want to buy/trade a copy of Oceanborn off me?
----
16.08.2007 - 17:25
Dark_Meteor

I also think Anette is a better singer the Tarja. Tarja isn't bad okok...But I just like Anette's vocals better then Tarja's, so who gives a sh*t she acts like a pop singer, as long as she sings good it's ok with me..
16.08.2007 - 17:35
metalhead86

LoL, what a video, i want to hit the wall with my head! ...tarja wasn't the best singer anyway, nor is the new one... as for the video, WTF man, absolutely stupid song imo, i don't like it, hope the rest of the album is not like this... :
16.08.2007 - 17:44
matthioso

Written by islanzadi on 16.08.2007 at 16:07

I must agree with you. The song is average and the vocals are to pop.
----
www.seedofrock.be
16.08.2007 - 17:54
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
The video is very good, I like it!
Though with Annette the operatic vocals are definitely gone (good voice anyway...)
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
16.08.2007 - 18:11
Rx QueeN
Account deleted
the style of the voices change totally the style of the band (like a new nightwish -too bad-) ....BUT theres another song called the poet and the Pendulum that sounds much better than this ...
16.08.2007 - 18:23
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
I don't care what you say, this is like one of the best songs I've heard this year and Nightwish are for sure one of the most professional metal bands ever. The video is not the best, but that's probably because Nightwish's other videos are so damn outstanding.
Hail Toumas!
16.08.2007 - 18:24
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
its ok, but I think this is the worst track of the album
----
16.08.2007 - 18:40
Rimfrost

People, is this really more pop than most power metal bands are nowdays?
16.08.2007 - 18:44
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
well, the video is alright and the vocals are good, but it's not a terribly great song. Hopefully there will be some better.
16.08.2007 - 18:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
No no I dont like it ok video are good but I need Tarja, Nighwish ont sounds Nighwish anymore seems thay gonna be like Epica, After Forever type of band, no
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.08.2007 - 18:47
Basso
Account deleted
LOL!!!!! Tarja was a godess compared to this bullshit pop singer.. Five thumbs down.
16.08.2007 - 19:03
WorpeX
Made of Metal
wow, they just torched an angel. Their in for now!
16.08.2007 - 20:20
RavenLord

Written by Rimfrost on 16.08.2007 at 18:40

No...but then, most of the PM you no doubt have in mind is equally worthless, anyway.
----
16.08.2007 - 20:25
Silent Creeper
Senile Veteran
I think it's much too soon to say anything... I never really care about videos... But first impression: very different vocals from Tarja's so it's really hard to compare them; but not bad at all... The only thing that bothers me is that they are getting more and more popish (somehow they always were popsih but I see that this is increasing with every new release... I still have a hope that I'm wrong about that...:)). Best thing is to wait for the upcoming album and then give proper opinion...
16.08.2007 - 21:05
Bararey
Winter is Coming
I had a good laugh that's all I have to say :
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
16.08.2007 - 21:12
AncientOrigins

I don't like the Pantera/Nu-Metal/Groove riffage they're heading more and more towards to, but her vocals are ten times better than Tarja's annoying wail.
----
http://myspace.com/shoresofsheol - My Black Metal band
17.08.2007 - 00:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Bararey on 16.08.2007 at 21:05

I had a good laugh that's all I have to say :

I agree
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.08.2007 - 00:57
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by Rimfrost on 16.08.2007 at 18:40

Nope.
What makes pop bad anyway if it's executed well?
17.08.2007 - 01:00
SacredBlade

Wow , wasn't that so cute everybody ? Anyone who thinks this woman is a better singer than Tarja is either completely tone-deaf or a complete moron...
17.08.2007 - 01:31
Ernis
狼獾
Thank's I'm a moron because I don't hate Anette....(not that I would say that Tarja is worse...she isn't..but they can't be compared since they are singers of two different styles...classical/operatic - pop/rock....both are good in their own field....)

Btw...I studied music...I may be tone deaf and suck at playing instruments but at least I can be a fair judge instead of wailing "POP!! OHMYGOD!! I'm SLICING MY WRISTS!! I HATE POP!!"

yeh....I laughed...."Anette SUCKS!! Tarja was so awesome...so GOTHIC!" this made me laugh indeed....cut the crap....get over it....AND...Tarja isn't a GOTH chick....there's more to being gothic than this....and of course....Nightwish isn't a gothic group....

anyway....video was ok....not outstanding but this band has never done really outstanding videos...old "Sleeping Sun" is an exception....
17.08.2007 - 02:58
PowerMetal
Account deleted
Anette doesn't have a bad voice though it's a much bigger change from Tarja than I expected. It was quite painful watching her move in the video, it made the song more pop-like in the performance (as previously noted) and made it seem she didn't know how to sing and/or dance.
17.08.2007 - 03:30
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Yeh i saw the video yesterday, it really isnt the first thing you want to see after a big change, a shit video and a pretty boring song. The girl can sing for sure, but the music is too bland and poppy to be accepted with most Nightwish fans.
17.08.2007 - 05:13
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Decent song, kind of poppy, and a forgettable but okay video. Anette's got a great voice, but I miss Tuomas's great keyboard melodies... But the big test will be in October, when I see them live! I'm going to remain undecided about the new Nightwish until then
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
17.08.2007 - 07:24
tulkas
el parcero
i have to say i didn't like it. i don't know what it was but it didn't convince me at all. and anette does move like a pop-star!
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
17.08.2007 - 09:21
pralat

Sweet
----
:-[--+

Hits total: 5304 | This month: 5