Metal Storm logo
Immortal Technique

18.08.2007 - 13:24
therest

My style is like a ten year old child with a slit wrist, too much reality ~Immortal Technique

Felipe Coronel (born February 19, 1978), better known as Immortal Technique, is a hip hop MC and political activist. Most of his lyrics focus on socio-political issues. The views expressed in his lyrics are largely a mixture of left-wing political commentary on issues such as poverty, religion, and racism. He also focuses on the harsh realities of criminality in the housing projects of New York City's slums.

I have always been a little skeptic about hip hop, until I heard Immortal Technique. In the Rap Thread someone said that he likes rap because it's rebellious and touches the issues of drugs, crime and other serious present problems .. well, if you're looking for songs that cover these topics and much more then u should definitly try listening to Immortal Technique. If you're intrested you can check his website http://www.immortal-technique.com or search YouTube for his songs. I recommend The Point Of No Return, Peruvian Cocaine, Harlem Streets and definitly Dancing With The Devil. Even if you think that hip hop sucks and you don't want anything to do with it, you should still listen to this one song - http://youtube.com/watch?v=M72zVuBNpEA
----
"It's because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everybody does everything." - Homer Simpson

"Then hold to the fading colors
The grayest of life is yet to come"
- Întunecatul
08.09.2008 - 07:48
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
yaaaaaay an Immortal Technique thread. someone with good taste in rap. Dancing with the Devil is OUTTA CONTROL.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
18.09.2008 - 01:14
Number Juan

I think he is a very good rapper. Don't agree with all the conspiracy theory stuff he likes to talk about but he is stil; very talented.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
13.10.2008 - 05:02
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I've heard some of him in the past, and he's quite talented. I just listened to "Dance with the Devil" For the first time. I like it alot, I may be a fan yet.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
03.11.2008 - 02:44
mortjoyeux

I was really surprised when I first listened and liked it.
Definitely changes the way I view rap...who knew there was some good music hidden in such atrocities like 50cent and the game or whatever the fuck it is.
03.11.2008 - 04:43
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by mortjoyeux on 03.11.2008 at 02:44

I was really surprised when I first listened and liked it.
Definitely changes the way I view rap...who knew there was some good music hidden in such atrocities like 50cent and the game or whatever the fuck it is.

Yes, there's lots of productive and intelligent hip hop, and Immortal Technique is definitly one of the foremost out there. But you know, even people who are stereotyped as ignorant just because they're labeled as Gangsta Rappers have productive things to say about society, or just hold a worth while level of talent to start with. (A prime example of this IS the game. Listen to his first two albums.)
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
06.11.2008 - 10:45
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Get his album THE THIRD WORLD. SAVAGERY on tape.

EDIT: 12/17, seriously, anyone that appreciates rap of any kind, listen to Golpe De Estado from "The Third World", look up the lyrics in english and read the savagery. shit, my spanish sucks and its even interesting to listen to without knowing the lyrics.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
08.07.2009 - 10:20
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
All of technique's songs are SO heavy. if not the emotionally saddening kinda heavy, then the politically extreme and radical kinda heavy. he's definitely one of the most extreme rappers today, hands down.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

04.08.2009 - 19:44
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I've listened to some Immortal Technique...my favorite song was Dance With The Devil...it's great to hear rappers rapping about something deep and meaningful...
30.09.2009 - 20:18
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Dead Prez and Technique are the best revolutionary rap music combo in music.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

30.09.2009 - 21:33
Lucas
Mr. Noise
The lyrics are well-written in songs like Dance With The Devil, but his flow in that track is bad. I disagree with most of his politicical opinions and I find it hard to listen to his songs because of these lyrics. I have no problem with undecipherable rape-kill-hail gurgles, but when lyrics are such an important part of the music, it spoils the music.

I prefer Ill Bill or La Coka Nostra.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
01.10.2009 - 20:03
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
He definitely has well constructed rhymes but his beats don't do them justice since they are really sparse and basic. Give the man some better production and I'd appreciate him more.
06.10.2009 - 14:33
therest

Written by jupitreas on 01.10.2009 at 20:03

He definitely has well constructed rhymes but his beats don't do them justice since they are really sparse and basic. Give the man some better production and I'd appreciate him more.

I don't know about that, I mean, music (and art in general) needs to have some axework, some rough edges, otherwise it would just go in from one ear and out of the other .. it doesn't stick if it's too smooth.
----
"It's because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everybody does everything." - Homer Simpson

"Then hold to the fading colors
The grayest of life is yet to come"
- Întunecatul