‹‹ Back to the General forum Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23]
Users visited: 254  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by on 18.08.2007 at 17:35
The idea is simple... Talk about the languages you speak, and the ones you would like to learn. What are they? Why do you like them? What is that you don't like about them? How and where did you learn them? What is your mother language?

Personally...

- (As you *might* have noticed) I speak English. Not really well, but I think I can say I know the basis. But it is not my first language: French is. I don't want to sound pretentious or anything, but I speak French really well. Yet, it is the third language I learnt.
- My mother language is Arabic, it was the first one I learnt as I am Moroccan and was born in Morocco. But my parents speak French more than Arabic, and I started going to a French school when I was 5, thus, I started forgetting Arabic. I was still as able to understand it as before, but I couldn't speak it anymore, past my 8th birthday. (Some other important factors were involded, but it is not necessary to mention them.)
- The second language I learnt was Spanish, because of/thanks to Spanish TV channels and my grandmother, who only spoke Spanish and Arabic. But when we left the city where we were living (Tanger, just in front of Spain), I stopped watching Spanish channels, and left my grandmother as well, and then, forgot Spanish too .
- That's when French comes. It became my first language around 8. As the French school system wants it, I started learning English at 11. And I unexpectedly didn't have any difficulty with it. I have always had the best mark in that subject, without making any effort for that. Unfortunately it is still not enough. I realised my level was not as good as I thought it was.
- The next year, (I was 12) I chose Latin, but I had to stop after a few months, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to start Spanish the following year. I started re-learning Spanish at 13.
- But since I took Spanish at 13, I couldn't take German at 15. I had too many subjects and the teachers wouldn't let me add German. Yet it is the language I really want to learn. I like the sonority of it, and I watch German TV channels just to hear it, even if I don't get a word of it .
- As a consequence, the two languages I can speak the best are French, and English.

As you see the topic is vast, there is a lot to say...

Page 23 of 23

Fritillaria
Evil Butterfly

09.10.2013 at 15:11
Written by Bad English on 09.10.2013 at 15:01

Was it like page or add to friend page?
but still majour news must be in all lanuadges, specely any video updates

it was I.C.S Vortex official FB page, anyway, I just mean that there are many who do the same thing, I know another Danish BM, whom I asked why not writing lyrics in English while you have fans from everywhere, they said we're Danish we sing in Danish, anyway it's getting too off-topic, Staffers gonna kick me out
----
Soundtrack of my life : Evil Dead
"He replies that he is stronger than the wolves, because he stands alone."
Bad English
nobody

09.10.2013 at 15:16
Its lyrics, lyrics is nothing to do whit official info for international fans, even Angela G talked at wancker open air in english not german
many bands sing in nativ tongs Arkona for example but info are in english
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
Fritillaria
Evil Butterfly

09.10.2013 at 15:21
Written by Bad English on 09.10.2013 at 15:16

Its lyrics, lyrics is nothing to do whit official info for international fans, even Angela G talked at wancker open air in english not german
many bands sing in nativ tongs Arkona for example but info are in english

yeah, you're right
----
Soundtrack of my life : Evil Dead
"He replies that he is stronger than the wolves, because he stands alone."
Monolithic
♠♠♠

09.10.2013 at 19:59
I'm fluent in English but I can also speak a little conversational German and Arabic.
BestMetalstormer

26.11.2013 at 05:27
Im about intermediate level in english, and would like to study French. Actually i have huge interests in foreign culture so want some russian, japanese, spanish... But yeah first priority is french. No wonder some unsure that if it is too late from now on..

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23]

Login or register to post here.