Metal Storm logo
Dark Tranquillity - Join Eastpak Antidote Tour

As posted on the official Dark Tranquillity website:

"We're excited to announce that we'll embark on the "Eastpak Antidote" tour that will take us through Europe together with the fine metal merchants of Soilwork, Caliban and Sonic Syndicate.

Here are the dates. For more info, please visit the official tour homepage.

Sep. 30 - Brighton, UK - Concorde 2
Oct. 01 - Wolverhampton, UK - Wulfun Hall
Oct. 02 - Leeds, UK - Cockpit
Oct. 03 - London, UK - Islington Academy
Oct. 04 - Nottingham, UK - Rockcity
Oct. 05 - Newcastle, UK - Academy
Oct. 06 - Glasgow, UK - Garage
Oct. 07 - Norwich, UK - Waterfront
Oct. 09 - Den Bosch, Holland - W2
Oct. 10 - Utrecht, Holland - Tivoli
Oct. 11 - Hasselt, Belgium - Musik O Droom
Oct. 12 - Paris, France - La Tabendo
Oct. 13 - Marseille, France - venue tba
Oct. 14 - Barcelona, Spain - Razzmatazz
Oct. 16 - Milan, Italy - Alcatrazz
Oct. 17 - Zurich, Switzerland - Abart
Oct. 18 - Munich, Germany - Backstage
Oct. 19 - Vienna, Austria - Arena
Oct. 20 - Prague, Czech Republic - Akropolis
Oct. 21 - Budapest, Hungary - A 38
Oct. 23 - Karlsruhe, Germany - Substage
Oct. 24 - Berlin, Germany - SO 36
Oct. 25 - Köln, Germany - Live Music Hall
Oct. 26 - Hamburg, Germany - Grunspan

According to the band, "It's a rotating bill, and the playing order is determined by the relative sales figures of the bands in each country (which is the most fair way of doing things). We'll headline in Italy and Spain as far as [we] know.

"Note that for contractual reasons we won't be appearing on the Scandinavian dates of the tour, so the only way for people in Sweden, Denmark and Norway to see us this autumn is to attend our own headline shows in early September.

"To avoid any speculation or gossip, we remind you that this is the first European tour that actually is officially confirmed by us, so the claim by certain news sites that we've 'cancelled' other obligations [referring to the previously announced European tour with Iced Earth] in order to be part of this tour therefore aren't valid."

It should be noted that, despite Dark Tranquillity's insistence that their European tour with Iced Earth was never confirmed, Iced Earth's German concert agency Marek Lieberberg Konzertagentur (MLK) has gone as far as to produce tour posters featuring Dark Tranquillity's logo (which have been deleted from the site in the meantime) and has announced Dark Tranquillity's participation in the trek on its website. Also ticket distributors still sell tickets with Dark Tranquillity mentioned as special guest.

Source: darktranquillity.com
Band profile: Dark Tranquillity
Event: Eastpak Antidote Tour
Posted: 20.08.2007 by Warman

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 0 users
20.08.2007 - 21:09
Carrion
Account deleted
Interesting name for a tour.
21.08.2007 - 00:06
Ilham Cotterell
Account deleted
Oh hey oh! Oct the 13th at Marseille! I'm coming!
21.08.2007 - 01:25
Promonex
Cathemeral
Dammit! When there's one band I wanted to see this year, it's gotta be Dark Tranquillity. It already annoyed the fuck out of me when I read that their tour with Iced Earth wouldn't be anywhere in my area. Now they announce another tour and it still isn't in my area! But let's see, with lots of luck I might be in Paris at that time...
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
21.08.2007 - 02:24
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Fuck, I really got my hopes up for them joining the Scandiavian leg of the tour as well I already got a ticet for that show, and I also have a ticet for their headline show in Gothenburg. But it would've been awsome if they actually was with the Eastpak Tour in Scandinavia too... I would've got to see them three times this year if they would... dammit!
21.08.2007 - 03:17
Promonex
Cathemeral
Fixed the billings on all the tour dates in the event database. Now every date shows the bands in order of appearance (headliner first). Also fixed the venues for the French dates. Having gone through all that I'm somewhat glad that they aren't in my area after all. Guess I'd have been even more annoyed if they were here and I wouldn't go because DT are only second opener on all German dates. But why the hell does the Paris date have to be 8-10 ? more expensive than any other date of the tour?!
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
21.08.2007 - 11:03
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
COOL I WON'T have to see them with Iced Earth in Tilburg now... instead I can walk about 25 minutes and get to see them in Tivoli, Utrecht.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.08.2007 - 12:40
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Promonex on 21.08.2007 at 03:17

Fixed the billings on all the tour dates in the event database. Now every date shows the bands in order of appearance (headliner first). Also fixed the venues for the French dates. Having gone through all that I'm somewhat glad that they aren't in my area after all. Guess I'd have been even more annoyed if they were here and I wouldn't go because DT are only second opener on all German dates. But why the hell does the Paris date have to be 8-10 ? more expensive than any other date of the tour?!

bah, probably because the venue owners think that they can inflate the prices
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
21.08.2007 - 14:29
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Oct. 16 - Milan, Italy - Alcatraz, can't wait!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
21.08.2007 - 16:03
Thryce
Retired Staff
The only thing I want to say about this all, is that it's FUCKED UP they apparently aren't touring with Iced Earth after all.
I don't care who's fault it is, and I don't care I don't really like DT in the first place anyways (and especially live), because that's not the point. But it's really frustrating you buy tickets that say "Iced Earth + Dark Tranquillity" which seems to be false information now. I mean, almost every ticket distributor on the Iced Earth tour sold tickets with the name of DT on it mentioned as special guest...

My point: someone (possibly Iced Earth's German concert agency then) really made a big blunder by announcing DT as support act for Iced Earth if the whole thing apparently wasn't totally confirmed and arranged yet. Sure it's possible DT got double booked, but still you don't spread the news to event organizers and ticket distributors that DT are support act, if they didn't fully confirmed yet.

Anyway, definitely not going to this one and I truly hope the Iced Earth tour gets a decent "replacement". (Sure I bought the ticket mainly for Iced Earth, but still).
----
Your favorite band sucks.
21.08.2007 - 16:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Thryce on 21.08.2007 at 16:03

The only thing I want to say about this all, is that it's FUCKED UP they apparently aren't touring with Iced Earth after all.
I don't care who's fault it is, and I don't care I don't really like DT in the first place anyways (and especially live), because that's not the point. But it's really frustrating you buy tickets that say "Iced Earth + Dark Tranquillity" which seems to be false information now. I mean, almost every ticket distributor on the Iced Earth tour sold tickets with the name of DT on it mentioned as special guest...

My point: someone (possibly Iced Earth's German concert agency then) really made a big blunder by announcing DT as support act for Iced Earth if the whole thing apparently wasn't totally confirmed and arranged yet. Sure it's possible DT got double booked, but still you don't spread the news to event organizers and ticket distributors that DT are support act, if they didn't fully confirmed yet.

Anyway, definitely not going to this one and I truly hope the Iced Earth tour gets a decent "replacement". (Sure I bought the ticket mainly for Iced Earth, but still).

The weird thing about all of this is that I cvlearly remember Michael and Niklas telling me at Hellfest that they would be playing in Tilburg, Holland in October with Iced Earth, so apparently they WERE supposed to support Iced Earth on that tour.
Seeing that DT is on the Eastpak tour now I thought they'd be the headliner but it runs out Soilwork is the headliner for the date in Tivoli, Utrecht. Which I find strange since DT is way bigger than Soilwork.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.08.2007 - 22:40
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.08.2007 at 11:03

COOL I WON'T have to see them with Iced Earth in Tilburg now... instead I can walk about 25 minutes and get to see them in Tivoli, Utrecht.

And you couldn't have done that anyway! As it clearly states that this was not confirmed! God, read the whole news
23.08.2007 - 06:58
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 22.08.2007 at 22:40

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.08.2007 at 11:03

And you couldn't have done that anyway! As it clearly states that this was not confirmed! God, read the whole news

Read my previous post why I ALSO thought it would be certain that DT would open for Iced Earth. Hell, if DT members even thought that, then who am I to doubt them. There's clearly some weird label policies going on here.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 3290 | This month: 4