Metal Storm logo
Changes in avatars and signatures

Original post

Posted by Ivan, 22.08.2007 - 12:05
As you might have noticed, all external images (not hosted on MS) in avatars and signatures have disappeared. That was done to have better control on the filesize and dimensions of these images, and to move them all to MS server, which should increase page loading time on the forum quite dramatically.

So, if you had an external image in your avatar or signature, please go to your Profile and re-add them, this time uploading them, not linking to them.

External images in posts are still allowed, but that might change later as well.

Only one picture is now allowed in signature, with maximum size of 20Kb / 468x60px. This might seem a bit too strict, but remember that signatures are not the most important things on the forum and only serve to give the user some additional identity or promote some of his own interests. That definitely shouldn't get in the way of other users browsing the forum.

Thanks.
16.03.2009 - 18:21
GT
Coffee!!
Written by Uirapuru on 16.03.2009 at 10:03

I know it may sound a little stupid, but i can't manage to put an signature image... here's what happens:
I choose an .jpg image who has 350x20 and 3,2kb. Then I press CTRL+F5 to refresh. It just goes back to the same Edit Profile page, same as before i choose the image.
Then i have to insert it simply as [image] in the signature box... for that you mean [name of the image file] ?? Because is that what i'm doing, but the image simply doesn't appear on the posts.

I'm sure its just my ignorance, i'll apreciate a little help.

Try to just upload the image, then insert [image], save your profile and then press CTRL+F5. That might help
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
25.03.2009 - 14:30
{aud}devil
Lush McGee
<----classic fucking beauty! muwahahah j/k I'm not so vain. It was count chocula
----
Awesome sauce, chicken boss!
Laugh until it means something
26.03.2009 - 11:38
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by {aud}devil on 25.03.2009 at 14:30
<----classic fucking beauty! muwahahah j/k I'm not so vain. It was count chocula
I think maybe you wanted to post that in this thread, which is always at the top of the Metalstormers section of the main forum.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
29.03.2009 - 05:10
{aud}devil
Lush McGee
Written by Syk on 26.03.2009 at 11:38

Written by {aud}devil on 25.03.2009 at 14:30
I think maybe you wanted to post that in this thread, which is always at the top of the Metalstormers section of the main forum.

hahaha yea my bad. I was a little tipsy. never drink and surf the web lol
----
Awesome sauce, chicken boss!
Laugh until it means something
03.04.2009 - 08:18
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by GT on 16.03.2009 at 18:21

I know it may sound a little stupid, but i can't manage to put an signature image... here's what happens:
I choose an .jpg image who has 350x20 and 3,2kb. Then I press CTRL+F5 to refresh. It just goes back to the same Edit Profile page, same as before i choose the image.
Then i have to insert it simply as [image] in the signature box... for that you mean [name of the image file] ?? Because is that what i'm doing, but the image simply doesn't appear on the posts.

Try to just upload the image, then insert [image], save your profile and then press CTRL+F5. That might help

Still not working

How can I just ''upload the image'' without saving my profile, if I have to insert [image] before saving it?

I mean, in the Signature Image Upload box I put: ''C:Documents and Settings / Mora /Desktop /Libertadores.JPG''

Should I write [Libertadores] in the signature box right after I choose the image, or after saving my profile so the image would be ''uploaded'' ?

I have tried both and nothing seem to work...
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
04.04.2009 - 17:40
GT
Coffee!!
Written by Uirapuru on 03.04.2009 at 08:18

Still not working

How can I just ''upload the image'' without saving my profile, if I have to insert [image] before saving it?

I mean, in the Signature Image Upload box I put: ''C:Documents and Settings / Mora /Desktop /Libertadores.JPG''

Should I write [Libertadores] in the signature box right after I choose the image, or after saving my profile so the image would be ''uploaded'' ?

Sounds like you did it right. You upload your picture, the write "[image]" in the box and then save your profile and then the picture should be showing in your messages.

If not, there might be a bug some where. I'll let Ivan know
----

07.04.2009 - 12:50
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Uirapuru on 03.04.2009 at 08:18

Still not working

Don't write anything in the upload box. Click the 'browse' button and browse to the image on your computer. Put [image] somewhere in the signature box and then click the submit button in the bottom of the edit profile form.
07.04.2009 - 17:10
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Ivan on 07.04.2009 at 12:50

Don't write anything in the upload box. Click the 'browse' button and browse to the image on your computer. Put [image] somewhere in the signature box and then click the submit button in the bottom of the edit profile form.

Nothing works guys... the only thing that appear when I try to see the signature in the forum is the [Libertadores] that I've write in the signature box...

Doesn't matter if I browse to image then press F5, or save my profile and then write in the signature box, i've tried every possibility in every sequence... that's weird...
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
07.04.2009 - 17:30
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Uirapuru on 07.04.2009 at 17:10

Written by Ivan on 07.04.2009 at 12:50

Nothing works guys... the only thing that appear when I try to see the signature in the forum is the [Libertadores] that I've write in the signature box...

Doesn't matter if I browse to image then press F5, or save my profile and then write in the signature box, i've tried every possibility in every sequence... that's weird...

There, fixed it for you. It's not [Libertadores], as in [name-of-your-image] - just put "[image]" in the signature
07.04.2009 - 17:39
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Ahhhh so it was only that Thanks man.
----

----
08.04.2009 - 10:03
GT
Coffee!!
Written by Uirapuru on 07.04.2009 at 17:39

Ahhhh so it was only that Thanks man.

Haha good to see that the problem is solved
----