Metal Storm logo
Darkane

30.05.2006 - 15:14
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
I have "Layers Of Lies" and i was impressed with this band. I had heard a couple of tracks off other albums and they were good so when i saw their album i couldnt pass the opertunity to get it (plus it was $10 lol).
Through out the album the feel of the music does change a bit, from the opening track which is Epic and atmospheric, to other Death/Thrash and also Melodic. To add they pulled off an excellent album, unique.

I only have the one album from them so i dont have much else to add ... so open for discussion!
----

Hellcunt Smurf
03.06.2006 - 14:23
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
I cant say ive ever really been impressed by this band. I dont think ive really heard enough to completely judge them but i didnt really like the vocals and thought it was mediocre in comparison to other melodic death metal bands. Ive mainly heard songs off their latest release but if you can recommend some "better" songs that might change my mind, thatd be appreciated.
03.06.2006 - 15:23
Mort
"Layers Of Lies" is really very interesting album.
The main thing about all these modern-thrash/melodeath to my mind is that you like it a lot firstly, but then put this CDs on a shelf and forget about 'em. But "LOL" (:lol:) differs from all this trend, it's not only catchy, techncal and well-recorded, but also creative and progressive, if You understand what I mean.
Such a point of view.
04.06.2006 - 04:03
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
"The main thing about all these modern-thrash/melodeath to my mind is that you like it a lot firstly, but then put this CDs on a shelf and forget about 'em."

Usually the opposite for me
04.06.2006 - 11:46
hottercraft
Great band of Deathrash Metal, when I heard "Layers Of Lies" i saw that they had improved their sound a lot compared with CD's like "Insanity", that they were very boring.
Best songs: "Secondary Effects", "Layers of Lies", "Innocence Gone"
29.07.2006 - 22:52
Fane
Cant say much but great band with good music. Layers of Lies is awesome album and neighbour granny have to listen it and a lot
Secondary Effect and Organic Canvas are best songs on Layers of Lies.
----
Coffee for power
Music for creativity
Sarcasm for fun
30.07.2006 - 19:00
MetalSpider
Layers of Lies is a great album, though I dont really like the vocalist that much. In general they are a good band.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
30.07.2006 - 20:50
thefadedline
Darkane are excellent, and quite underrated. I forget how I get into them. They are very polyrythmic.
----
Relax and let the seat take the battery
30.07.2006 - 22:26
Remus
Peter Wildoer is one of my favourite drummers! I only have one of their albums - "Expanding Senses" and i think the music is really awsome(and i'm no big thrash fan) but the singer's vocals i can't stand! I'll try to get more albums, maybe he's better on other tracks!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
05.08.2006 - 00:58
Susan
Smeghead
elite
I really enjoyed the songs on their myspace page just now. They're mostly from the new album which you guys are all raving about. One question: have any of your heard their previous discography or just "Layers of Lies"?

Their first album "Rusted Angel" is on special at The End Records right now and I'm poor so I thought I'd pick that up. Is it as good as their recent stuff? Thanks for your insight

EDIT: Oh fuck it, I'll just order anyway and be surprised
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
06.04.2007 - 16:19
APOHAKC
The Bard
Anyone saw the video for Chaos Vs Order, it is little funny lol but it is good I suppose...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
07.04.2007 - 07:52
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I have Expanding Senses and I think the music is pretty good, but the vocals are pure shit. The singer just doesn't fit in with the band's style of playing. I can't stand his half-assed shouts he always does because it completely kills the energy of the music. If they had a more energetic frontman, like Peter Dolving from The Haunted, I think they would be a lot better.
07.04.2007 - 13:26
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Dangerboner on 07.04.2007 at 07:52

I have Expanding Senses and I think the music is pretty good, but the vocals are pure shit. The singer just doesn't fit in with the band's style of playing. I can't stand his half-assed shouts he always does because it completely kills the energy of the music. If they had a more energetic frontman, like Peter Dolving from The Haunted, I think they would be a lot better.

Yeah, the vocal could be a little bit better...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
08.04.2007 - 13:33
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Damn it, see what happens when I open a thread of a band that I just bought... I always seem to say that its impressive just on the inital listen. I havent really played this album much at all since I purchased the 'Layers Of Lies' album.

The vocals kill it, musically its ok... but deffinatly it isnt an "excellent album" as I first introduced the album in the opening thread post. Theres alot better stuff out their that I'd rather listen to than this album and from what I've heard the other releases from Darkane arent really that impressive and in the same vocals that kills it.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
12.08.2007 - 13:47
Remus
Ok, so the vocalist just quit. It's kind of sad, i'm not even a big fan of the band yet when i read his statement it brought me to a state of melancholy. I thought he was ok on some albums i.e Expanding Senses and quite great on Layers of Lies. Oh well, we'll see what the new guy will sound like.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
15.08.2007 - 11:08
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Hows the news sad? He wasnt that good to begin with.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
01.09.2007 - 22:57
Remus
It must have been sad for him as he was with Darkane for many years, right? But who knows, maybe they will get a new super-awesome vocalist and turn the band around, just like Arch Enemy did when they got Angela.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!