Metal Storm logo
Telemarketeers

Original post

Posted by , 24.08.2007 - 21:34
I'm a telamarketer...I call people all day and irritate them about things...I am doing it for another seven days and then I will no longer be bothering with it...I've been doing it since mid April...it's very trying since I deal with a lot of irate irritated people...I just wanna know what everyone's take here is on telemarketers...
28.12.2007 - 03:58
Zombie, M.D.

I used to be a telemarketer. Very easy money if you can fake being personable but its a boring and mentally strenuous job. I used to sell "Life Alert". Remember those "HELP! Ive fallen and I can't get up!!!" commercials? That's what I sold. It was especially easy because elderly people will buy the shit just to have someone to talk to for a few minutes.

I'm going to hell.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
28.12.2007 - 13:05
Nilla
Account deleted
I do belive there is a extra warm place in hell reserved for telemarketers, especially those who use your name all the time. I just don't understand why they try to sound personal - maybe it's some kind of technique the companies learned from telemarketers in USA or something, at least here people are more reserved and are often put off by it. I can't hate all of the persons that call though, since I know a couple of people that were more or less given the choice to take the job or starve. Mostly I just say I'm not interested and hang up very fast.
29.12.2007 - 23:00
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
They use your name in order to try to get you interested in order to buy something/make a donation/whatever...

I'm not a telemarketer anymore...however, I do call people back about things they have bought before and they're nice 100% of the time...
22.05.2008 - 05:45
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
So, hopefully I ruined some telemarketer's day.

These mongoloids from some debt consolidation agency keep calling and leaving messages on my friend's cell phone about their concern about his credit card debt. Since he doesn't even have a credit card, and since they've been calling him constantly for almost a month, he tried calling them. They hung up on him five times in a row, even though he was being polite, so since I was bored at work, I decided to call them myself on a backup work phone.

I didn't waste any time fucking around or being polite. I gave them a fake name, pretended to be interesting in the stupid Asian bitch's questions (for some reason, I immediately used a gay accent to disguise my voice for some reason. weird.), and then did all I could to get transferred to an agent. After I was transferred, I told him that if they called one more time I would report them and take legal action. He said that he didn't work for the agency and hung up. What a scam!

I just now finished reporting them to the FCC and three different local news stations.

But, I'm still having fun with them . The lady who answers is sooooo fucking annoying, right, so that gives me more reason to fuck with her. Here's some stuff that happened:

Asian bitch: blah blah blah I'm Asian and can't speak English. How can I help you?
Me: Can I please have your home phone number?
Asian bitch: uhm, what?
Me: yeah, I'd like to sell you shit at home.
Asian bitch: *click*

Next try:

Asian bitch: asoeihjnawoihnga osighisdhj, how can I help you?
Me: I'm trying to sell you shit, bitch.

Next try:

Asian bitch: How can I help you?
Me: Buy my shit, bitch.

Next try:

Asian bitch: I'm an underqualified, sad excuse for a human being. How may I help you?
Me: I know where you live.

This went on for a long time. I only had so many phones to call her on, but no matter how many times I called from one phone, she answered the same way. It's such a fucking scam.

I had a productive day at work.
12.06.2009 - 09:00
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Damn, i just got off the phone with a telemarketer who wanted to invite me to this presentation, and she was SO NICE i just couldn't say no... i know this is the way telemarketers act but i still couldn't resist... curses....

i might make my mom go to the presentation just to get rid of them

@pyro how did shit turn out with the asian scam?
12.06.2009 - 09:12
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Valentin B on 12.06.2009 at 09:00

Damn, i just got off the phone with a telemarketer who wanted to invite me to this presentation, and she was SO NICE i just couldn't say no... i know this is the way telemarketers act but i still couldn't resist... curses....

and can't you just not attend? what was the presentation about, anyway? i usually hang up the phone politely on these people
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
12.06.2009 - 09:17
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by tulkas on 12.06.2009 at 09:12

Written by Valentin B on 12.06.2009 at 09:00

and can't you just not attend? what was the presentation about, anyway? i usually hang up the phone politely on these people

it's this monday, and it's about some kind of magnetic dinner-table sheets

and i couldn't hang up or something because they already called like 3 times before and i couldn't hang up then.... yeah i need a pair of balls
12.06.2009 - 09:27
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Valentin B on 12.06.2009 at 09:17

it's this monday, and it's about some kind of magnetic dinner-table sheets

and i couldn't hang up or something because they already called like 3 times before and i couldn't hang up then.... yeah i need a pair of balls

neh, no need for balls. you can always sneeze and accidentally hang up
----
20.12.2009 - 12:37
Hylia

I used to be a telemarkerter too. But the place I worked at was awesome, we got to eat during work, we could play cards/ gameboys and talk. The people I called were pretty nice, only like once or twice did they actually tell me to f*** off.
20.12.2009 - 13:01
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Fortunately i am not bothered by telemarketers very often...but when yes, i have to hold myself very tight not to become impolite...

(offtopic) btw. which album do you have in your avatar? the logo looks like Nokturnal Mortum, but if yes, then i dont recognize the album...and if it is other band, then the logo looks pretty same
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

20.12.2009 - 16:13
Bloody Rain
I Am The Night
I actually haven't had to deal with very many telemarketers. The only time I did was when I moved into my first apartment with my girlfriend. Usually they were charities collecting donations. I never was actually rude to any of them, I just hung up the phone every time they called. Anyhow, I thought I would show this little prank somebody pulled on a telemarketer. It's pretty hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY12cNe2xf0
20.12.2009 - 22:24
tulkas
el parcero
I thought I had posted this video on this thread, but now that I think of it, it might've been on the funny stuff thread. Still, I guess it'd fit very good on this thread:

----
20.12.2009 - 22:37
Hylia

Written by Ellrohir on 20.12.2009 at 13:01

Fortunately i am not bothered by telemarketers very often...but when yes, i have to hold myself very tight not to become impolite...

(offtopic) btw. which album do you have in your avatar? the logo looks like Nokturnal Mortum, but if yes, then i dont recognize the album...and if it is other band, then the logo looks pretty same

Lunar poetry, I believe it is the cover under the slipcase. I dont have my cd with me right now but i'm pretty sure.
20.12.2009 - 22:59
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Argh...i thought it for the very first time, but then i checked it with MA and saw another cover...but i didnt realize the demo from 1995 was re-released several times with different covers...alright, all clear now, thanks
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

21.12.2009 - 17:17
Nexus
Asshat
Written by Lucas on 24.08.2007 at 22:31

Usually they mistake me for an adult, I seem to have a pretty low voice. If they do, I let them ramble their entire story and say: 'yeah, i'll get my dad'.

In other words, I love them!

Haha, it's the exact opposite for me. I've lived on my own for a while now, but everytime a telemarketer calls me, they always ask to speak to my parents/the owners of the house. I play it off as if I'm gonna go get my parents, and just end up hanging up. I guess I just have a really high voice or something.

Telemarketers are all right when they aren't extremely persistent. I don't mind them so much, except for when I'm about to head out the door to catch my bus, and one catches me right before. If I'm not in such a rude mood, it's hard to get rid of them.
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
21.12.2009 - 19:30
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
It really isn't hard to get rid of them...you just hang up...who cares...they aren't anyone special...
22.12.2009 - 02:21
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
What pisses me off, is when they ring, ask for someone who doesn't even reside at your house, then try to harass you. I remember this one guy who I started getting pissed off with, he actually qualified his job as THE career of the future, poor cunt. Once I was even chatted up by a girl trying to sell me internet (which I actually needed at the time), she asked for my personal mobile number and said we could meet up some time, she liked the fact I was half English and found my voice sexy. I've also told a Northern African girl to pass me on to someone who could actually speak French, she just hung up. Another thing that pissed me off was those cunts who ring you, you are polite, answer some questions but once they realise you aren't a potential client (not a home owner, old enough...) then they bluntly hang up on you. I remember another cunt who pissed me off, he asked me my age, I must have been 23 or 24 at the time, he said that his data said I was over 50 then started to call me a liar, believing his data above me, I actually insulted this guy.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
22.12.2009 - 02:31
Warman
Erotic Stains
Haha sorry everyone here who hates them. But I guess I'm a part of the problem since I actually EDUCATE people in this! That's right. I work for a major phone/Internet/television company in Sweden and one of my work assignments is to educate newbies in telemarketing for the companys sales department. I hate those guys though and always makes them get my coffee from the kitchen or something like that, even though I'm not allowed to ask them this.
----
22.12.2009 - 16:44
Valentin B
Iconoclast
If you also despise telemarketers, this next video is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO WATCH

ah shit tulkas posted it before anyway i have to try that once. though i haven't had too many telemarketers call my house, especially lately(last time it was about 3-4 weeks ago)
26.12.2009 - 02:47
MetallicA

Yeah I just tell them some shit like oh they died last week and they usually don't know what to say then. Since I have a cell, they don't call me. The only people who call me are people conducting surveys and for some reason I'll do them. Like last week someone from my bank called to ask me questions for a survey and I spent like 10 minutes answering questions hahaha yeah I had nothing else better to do at that moment
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
28.12.2009 - 22:09
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Irritable Ted on 28.12.2009 at 16:46

the pre-recorded calls, "congratulations, you have won a holiday"

I receive these ones all the time...and you can't get them off the phone either! Because they think it's SO GREAT and its the opportunity of a lifetime...and they'll call back again too...I hang up on them and the person in charge of the operation calls back! I told him that he doesn't have the right and then I hang up...motherfuckers...