Metal Storm logo
Spinvis

26.08.2007 - 21:21
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
This is Dutch lo-fi artist who has become quite popular and is seen as a quite innovative pop musician lately.
He recorded his first album at home without a real studio.
His music is mostly pop music but also contains some rock and electronic influences.

I wonder what other Dutch people think about him and if non-Dutch people know it and/or like it.

On youtube are some videoclips with Spinvis music.
This is one of em
11.09.2007 - 22:15
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Yeah, I like his music. Bagagedrager is one of my favorite songs from him. It is a shame that he is so hyped nowadays though. He is the typical 'zolderartiest', literally. (= he wrote and recorded all his first songs on his own attic). Love that unique charm.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
06.03.2008 - 16:26
kotohime
Yeah I really like Spinvis! Great Dutch music! Though I wonder if non-Dutch people will listen to it, mostly I love the lyrics instead of the music self. (I think we could also just talk Dutch but I will finish this post in Englisch now)
I like everything from 'Dagen van gras, dagen van stro' This song Lotus Europa always gives me the shiffers!
@ Nervel: I have not noticed that Spinvis is hyped nowadays.
----
Am I going anywhere, Not 'til I can read by the moon
07.03.2008 - 05:08
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by kotohime on 06.03.2008 at 16:26

@ Nervel: I have not noticed that Spinvis is hyped nowadays.

Spinvis are really popular, not sure if it is a hype, but they have been a trend for a while.

Anyway, I guess he is a "zolderartiest" literally, but metaphorically he isn't
I wasn't that impressed, I have heard a few songs on the television, but they kind of bored me. I am not really the right person to write about his music, but to me it all sounded quite mediocre.