06. Another Dimension
07. Metropolice
08. C.E. 0079
09. Innocence
10. Peacemaker
11. Neo-Gothic Romance
12. Ez Do Dance [TRF cover] [Japan bonus]
13. Cosmic Highway [Europe/USA bonus]

If the guys of Blood Stain Child will have to seriously think to buy a new look (sorry guys but I hate your "emo" style which is definitely not appropriate to your music and will unfortunately repulse a lot of MetalHeads, especially in Europe?) they don't have to work on their music now! The last album (like their first ones) was a simple clone of Children Of Bodom with some touches a la In Flames but damn "Mozaiq" is really surprising, a lot more mature and original. You know what? The best is coming guys!

Of course you have to know that "Mozaiq" really sounds (one more time) like a lot of Scandinavians productions. When you'll listen to it, you'll think about In Flames, however this new album is a lot more original and personal. Blood Stain Child found the way to add a lot of electronic sounds to their Metal and now their music sounds a bit like a Cyber Gothenburg Death Metal. Catchy as hell, not easy at all and really complex with a ton of arrangements and variations, "Mozaiq" is a lot more deep than all the previous albums of the combo. Plus the guitarists of BSC are still really good and I can tell you that they're a lot better and technical than a lot of the guitarists who play the same kind of music.
"Mozaiq" just suffers a bit (just a bit) of originality because musically speaking only the electronic sounds give a real own personality to the music of the Japanese band, though maybe that it's a bit like In Flames, at least this time this is not a pure copy. With time, I'm quite sure that BSC will be able to produce better albums, especially when you see that this one is already really mature and that its production (that's not surprising for a Japanese band) is simply perfect.

I'm not that much into this kind of Metal anymore. I loved a lot In Flames in the past and I still love them now but this is nothing orgasmic for me too but if I have to be honest I cannot say that "Mozaiq" is a bad album. In the style (even if the bands is able to be a bit more original) this is a really good album. Blood Stain Child is a lot more mature now and their new album is a success. Be sure that we will hear a lot about this band in a really near future.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 6
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 26.08.2007

Comments

Comments: 9   Visited by: 177 users
27.08.2007 - 10:23
Drizzling Blur
Account deleted
Waiting to listen to this album, somehow i really liked their first offering. Neat review, more details could've helped.
29.08.2007 - 19:46
Rating: 8
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
I listened this new album.

First impression: completly different and pursuing the underlying orientation since the last album.

I explain.

As said Jeff on his review (good job in the passage ), "Mystic Your Heart" (2nd album) was like a mix between Children Of Bodom and some Gothenburg classicals elements.

"Idolator" (3rd album) began the change with more massive introduction of electro and cyber elements (Especially in the second half of the album in fact).

"Mozaiq" pursues this new orientation to uncork on one sort of cyber electro melo/death rather made well. It's more difficult to acces (than previous releases for a pure Gothenburg sound fan) but stay really awesome for me.

To finish, a new video for the song 'Freedom' from new Blood Stain Child's album, entitled "Mozaiq" was uploaded now on YouTube. It's produced by Gonzo, a Japanese most famous animation production studio and you can watch it here.
31.08.2007 - 09:57
MUSIC?
Account deleted
I really like this band, and this is their best album yet.

Also, does anyone know if they've coverd 'The Final Countdown" yet?
30.08.2009 - 22:44
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
This is really interesting...i would say original enough to deserve more than 6 in this aspect...and the song "Freedom" kicks ass
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

19.04.2010 - 00:09
Elnakam

Hello there!
If anybody stumbles into this page:
I am looking for a band that combine trance/electro/you-name-it with aggressive metal (something to listen to while running) - any suggestions?
20.06.2010 - 20:26
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Did you guys notice that "Freedom"'s opening is a clone of Insomnium's "Death Walked the Earth"'s chorus? :p
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
21.06.2010 - 13:51
Rating: 9
Cyroth

Written by Elnakam on 19.04.2010 at 00:09

Hello there!
I am looking for a band that combine trance/electro/you-name-it with aggressive metal (something to listen to while running) - any suggestions?

Timecry is a band I discovered combines metal with electro/trance ...try them out
----
22.06.2010 - 12:35
Elnakam

Written by Cyroth on 21.06.2010 at 13:51

Written by Elnakam on 19.04.2010 at 00:09

Hello there!

Timecry is a band I discovered combines metal with electro/trance ...try them out

T.Y. i'll try them.
30.10.2010 - 13:37
Kennoth

This band is one of my most recent discoveries, and this album is pretty great. ''Freedom'' is such a great song.
----
*insert something deep and profound*

Hits total: 11902 | This month: 6