09. Incubus
10. Metal Asylum
11. Warmth Of The Winter
12. Camelot
13. Natures Wrath
14. Cries Of The Living
15. Passage To The Other Side
16. Mental Messiah

What's happening here? Why did they have to release a monster like that? Seven Witches is an excellent band of American Heavy Metal and I can tell you that they're great live but damn, why did Locomotive Records and the band chose to release this DVD? I still don't understand but it's a shame to release a DVD which looks and sounds like a bootleg? I still don't understand and unfortunately I don't have any answers?

Amateurism, yes this is the perfect word to describe this release. Of course I'm not talking about the band which proves through the images that they're a great band live but shit, who is the producer and director of this concert recording? The images move a lot and some of the zooms are unsure (like if the cameramen were not so sure of themselves) and are strangely mixed (you can have a musician in the background near of the drum and in the foreground on the next shot?). The video is not good at all and even the quality of the images is not bad but not perfect at all and a bit blurry sometime. Well, it could be ok if the sound was good but unfortunately, this is one of the worst live recordings that I had to listen to lately. To sum up, this official DVD is more like a good bootleg than anything else and Seven Witches (and their fans?) doesn't deserve something like that.

Except the terrible production, I have to say that the concert seemed to be good. The guys gave the best of them but only played songs which were written before "Amped" (normal, it was recorded before the release date of this CD and then it looks a bit out of date when you think about it?). The bonuses are a bit anecdotic and well, you'll not learn anything so special? To sum up you'll not miss anything if you don't buy this DVD?

"Years Of The Witch" is a terrible deception and only deserve an average rating in reason of the performance of the band and quality of their compositions. Too bad for the fans, it's sad but this DVD is not good and you'll have to pass your way. Let's hope that Seven Witches will be able to release something better soon, maybe that they should try to go in Poland and some people there know how to release good DVD.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 7
Production: 3

Written by Jeff | 24.08.2007

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 47 users
27.08.2007 - 19:11
I'm glad I read this review, I've been thinking of picking this up on amazon, but had heard nothing of it before now. I think I'll avoid it, thanks for saving me the cash Jeff.
27.07.2009 - 03:43
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Damn that sounds awful. i think you have to try to produce a dvd that awful sounding. it doesnt happen by accident.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
27.07.2009 - 10:57
Icedburden
I want James Rivera or Wade Black back....I hate Tecchio, I can't imagine him doing Mental Messiah...ugh
----
Born Out Of Hate, Descending Upon The Earth
29.10.2012 - 21:44
Never new production can be that low
----

Hits total: 4752 | This month: 16