Metal Storm logo
Children Of Bodom

Original post

Posted by Warman, 02.09.2007 - 15:49
New thread for CoB.

Last discussion was about the new song, "Tie My Rope", and the upcoming album of course.

Continue the discussion!
19.05.2010 - 16:18
Janne
Hugin
Written by Warman on 15.05.2010 at 04:13

Listening to "Stockholm Knockout Live" ATM. Funny thing is that I always think it's so f-ing great, but always have to remind myself that I actually attended that concert!

so wasn't that so fucking great live??
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
19.05.2010 - 16:21
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Janne on 19.05.2010 at 16:18

It was awesome! But I still keep forgetting.
----
19.05.2010 - 18:18
Janne
Hugin
Written by Warman on 19.05.2010 at 16:21

Written by Janne on 19.05.2010 at 16:18

It was awesome! But I still keep forgetting.

ah okay, i just didn't get it first :'D
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
20.05.2010 - 00:05
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Used to like them when i was 13
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
20.05.2010 - 03:37
krystal-moon

Children of Bodom could do better, but they could really do a lot worse...! At least they aren't into "Buckets of Crisp Crunchy Dollar" Metal, which, unfortunately, isn't true of most bands today. Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper are hard to beat, and had they continued down that path they would have probably ended up repeating themselves, which is never good. With Hate Crew Deathroll I think it was mostly a case of being slammed in the face with a dead fish while standing in a church, (you can't deny it would be absolutely unexpected ) so I think fans (including me) weren't really sure what to do with it, and most ended up hating it because "it just wasn't the same thing". As for AYDY (sounds like some kind of syndrome by the way) I skimmed through it and gave up, really don't know what happened there...??? Blooddrunk, I think, is the start of something (maybe good?) and now I'm curious to see where they're heading. But yes, I really do miss their old sound, and will never get bored with the first albums. Oh! And I think they play Powerful Appetite and Extreme Chocolate Chip Cookie with Symphonic Milk Metal (no, I haven't completely lost my mind, just take a look at the first pages of this discussion )
----
Take my last breath as I fall into Eternity
24.05.2010 - 21:36
Janne
Hugin
Written by krystal-moon on 20.05.2010 at 03:37

Children of Bodom could do better, but they could really do a lot worse...! At least they aren't into "Buckets of Crisp Crunchy Dollar" Metal, which, unfortunately, isn't true of most bands today. Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper are hard to beat, and had they continued down that path they would have probably ended up repeating themselves, which is never good. With Hate Crew Deathroll I think it was mostly a case of being slammed in the face with a dead fish while standing in a church, (you can't deny it would be absolutely unexpected ) so I think fans (including me) weren't really sure what to do with it, and most ended up hating it because "it just wasn't the same thing". As for AYDY (sounds like some kind of syndrome by the way) I skimmed through it and gave up, really don't know what happened there...??? Blooddrunk, I think, is the start of something (maybe good?) and now I'm curious to see where they're heading. But yes, I really do miss their old sound, and will never get bored with the first albums. Oh! And I think they play Powerful Appetite and Extreme Chocolate Chip Cookie with Symphonic Milk Metal (no, I haven't completely lost my mind, just take a look at the first pages of this discussion )

i really really hope bloodrunk is start of nothing. I'm also a lover of the old sound (hatebreeder and follow the reaper) but i could accept that hate crew was a bit different and AYDY was a lot different because i liked those albums too (not as much as the old ones but still they are great). i don't mind that blooddrunk is different but it sucks and that's what really matters! and i'm not saying it because we must always hate the latest release of a band but this is the sad truth.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
26.05.2010 - 00:17
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
I think the band has just lost a lot of steam overall. Last few performances in my town have been really tired and lack-lustre from what I hear. A hiatus might be what the band needs.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.05.2010 - 15:07
krystal-moon

Written by Janne on 24.05.2010 at 21:36

i really really hope bloodrunk is start of nothing. I'm also a lover of the old sound (hatebreeder and follow the reaper) but i could accept that hate crew was a bit different and AYDY was a lot different because i liked those albums too (not as much as the old ones but still they are great). i don't mind that blooddrunk is different but it sucks and that's what really matters! and i'm not saying it because we must always hate the latest release of a band but this is the sad truth.

I can understand you don't like the "new" sound in Blooddrunk, and I accept that your feelings have nothing to do with "always hating the latest release", but I really haven't made up my mind yet. Truth is I've never been one to hear or see something and decide if I love or hate it right away, including people actually. I take time to understand how I feel; it isn't always the best way, and isn't the way I choose to consider things, but it is me I'm afraid. All this is to say that I know I'm not in love with the new sound, and I wish there could be a way to recreate the old without repetition, but I want to believe that although a new start can seem out of place, even wrong, sometimes things work out for the best, granted it doesn't happen very often. And this is what I meant: I'm hoping that what they threw out there is not a final result but a first (albeit shaky) step they're taking towards something solid and fulfilling. I see it as rebuilding after a hurricane: at first everything looks like a junkyard, but slowly you start to fit pieces together, and then suddenly everything makes sense. It may be very different from what you loved, but it has a new balance, one that was built from scratch. This is what I'm hoping for.
----
26.05.2010 - 23:35
Got Mayhem?

Written by krystal-moon on 26.05.2010 at 15:07

Written by Janne on 24.05.2010 at 21:36

I can understand you don't like the "new" sound in Blooddrunk, and I accept that your feelings have nothing to do with "always hating the latest release", but I really haven't made up my mind yet. Truth is I've never been one to hear or see something and decide if I love or hate it right away, including people actually. I take time to understand how I feel; it isn't always the best way, and isn't the way I choose to consider things, but it is me I'm afraid. All this is to say that I know I'm not in love with the new sound, and I wish there could be a way to recreate the old without repetition, but I want to believe that although a new start can seem out of place, even wrong, sometimes things work out for the best, granted it doesn't happen very often. And this is what I meant: I'm hoping that what they threw out there is not a final result but a first (albeit shaky) step they're taking towards something solid and fulfilling. I see it as rebuilding after a hurricane: at first everything looks like a junkyard, but slowly you start to fit pieces together, and then suddenly everything makes sense. It may be very different from what you loved, but it has a new balance, one that was built from scratch. This is what I'm hoping for.

My way of looking at it is much simpler.
I call it the Laiho Equation.
Increased Album Sales = Increased Profits = Increased Jack Daniels

There have been a few variations over the years such as:
The Broken Arm Laiho Equation.
Broken Arm = Decreased Playing Ability = Decreased Profits = A Sadder Laiho

It's just math really.
----
27.05.2010 - 01:30
krystal-moon

Written by Got Mayhem? on 26.05.2010 at 23:35

It's just math really.

Ouch...that was below the belt

You honestly think it's that bad? Hold on...maybe a dumb question, but do you like Children Of Bodom?
Anyway, I don't think you can be sure how much it is for the money and how much for the love of what you do, unless it's obvious (see Metallica or Edguy). Granted I don't know Children Of Bodom all that well, but it doesn't seem like they're in it only for the profits...I mean, some of those songs have real "soul" (at least that's what I get).

Oh well, whatever it is, I just really hope they get back on track.
----
27.05.2010 - 04:47
Got Mayhem?

Written by krystal-moon on 27.05.2010 at 01:30

Written by Got Mayhem? on 26.05.2010 at 23:35

It's just math really.

Ouch...that was below the belt

You honestly think it's that bad? Hold on...maybe a dumb question, but do you like Children Of Bodom?
Anyway, I don't think you can be sure how much it is for the money and how much for the love of what you do, unless it's obvious (see Metallica or Edguy). Granted I don't know Children Of Bodom all that well, but it doesn't seem like they're in it only for the profits...I mean, some of those songs have real "soul" (at least that's what I get).

Oh well, whatever it is, I just really hope they get back on track.

It's a joke, look at my ratings and you'll find that Follow the Reaper is one of my favorite albums of all time. When a band goes from that level of music to drivel like Blooddrunk jokes like that are certain to follow. Of course no one but the band knows what the band is going for, but that sure as hell isn't going to stop people from making assumptions.
----
05.06.2010 - 15:50
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
The band had a good run with their first 4 albums. They should be proud of that at least. There's not many bands that put out even one good album.
12.06.2010 - 10:40
Lachy
Account deleted
Love the band! every album is dynamite and they do really awesome covers
13.06.2010 - 00:08
Got Mayhem?

Written by Guest on 12.06.2010 at 10:40

Kinda agree on the covers. Their cover of Aces High is beyond terrible though. Other than that they usually do a pretty good job.
----
13.06.2010 - 03:44
Lachy
Account deleted
Written by Got Mayhem? on 13.06.2010 at 00:08

Kinda agree on the covers. Their cover of Aces High is beyond terrible though. Other than that they usually do a pretty good job.

yeah lol but so many bands cover aces high anyway
01.07.2010 - 20:18
Cyroth

Written by Guest on 13.06.2010 at 03:44

Written by Got Mayhem? on 13.06.2010 at 00:08

yeah lol but so many bands cover aces high anyway

I really love the cover
----
01.07.2010 - 22:41
AtLossForWords
Spinozistic
Written by krystal-moon on 20.05.2010 at 03:37

I agree with you on most everything you say here. I was a huge fan of Children of Bodom back in high school. After Follow the Reaper was released they were my favorite band for more than a short while. After Hatecrew Deathroll was released they slipped a bit for me, and I was really getting into the pleasures of progressive music that remain unmatched for me.

Children of Bodom are a band that should get people scratching the surface of the really good Finnish metal bands like Ensiferum, Wintersun, Insomnium, Amorphis, and Finntroll. Bodom is a great band to listen to at times, but they changed for the worse. I like when other bands go through changes, but Bodom is truly a let down now.

Amorphis is a perfect example of how a band can evolve and change their style for the better. Their last three albums have been great, and really just about the best three albums of their careers.

Children of Bodom is more like In Flames. They were both bands that started off with a few excellent melodic death metal albums; four in the case of Bodom and five or six in the case of In Flames, but the last two albums from each band have been disappointing teen angst albums that sell really well to this derelict group of commercial metal youngsters.

I like Bodom and In Flames, and I would go see them on tour given that they are playing with some other bands that I would be interested, say Dark Tranquillity.
----
Proud owner of many erased pages.
25.09.2010 - 10:33
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Some studio footage

----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

25.09.2010 - 22:28
XxGhostOfBodomxX

One of my favorite Metal bands if not my favorite:drunk:
02.10.2010 - 02:37
joaquin

Well i think the best albm of COB is hatebreeder, and i think booddrunk is not like wow but is ok, is not the best album but is ok
----
courage to chage the things and wisdom to know the difference

real gamers never die, they just respawn
06.03.2012 - 19:31
Infernal Eternal

I love CoB's first albums.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
09.09.2022 - 18:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Three former members Jaska Raatikainen (drums),Henri "Henkka T. Blacksmith" Seppälä (bass) and Janne Wirman (keyboards) — have announced plans to open their own bar and a band museum.

More
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=630353398449384&set=a.329784628506264
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing