05. Wasted Years [Iron Maiden cover]
06. Killers [Iron Maiden cover]
07. Aces High [Iron Maiden cover]
08. Phantom Of The Opera [Iron Maiden cover]
09. Run To The Hills [Iron Maiden cover]
10. Hallowed Be Thy Name [Iron Maiden cover]
11. Remember Tomorrow [Iron Maiden cover] [hidden track]

WTF?? Bruce Lee Chickinson???

If you made it this far on the web and you ended reading a review on a Metal website, you might probably know a couple of Metal bands right? Even if you're here because the site is bookmarked by your little brother, doesn't mean that you haven't heard about Iron Maiden right? Possibly, (along with Metallica I think?) the world's most popular Heavy Metal band.

A band with many years of career and dozens of releases must have a loyal fanbase right? You betcha. As a matter of fact, do you ever wondered how many tribute bands that cover Maiden tunes exist in the world? I know a couple here in Peru, how many do you know in your country?

What makes this release special is that you hardly see tribute bands releasing albums, unless is own material, these girls go by the name of The Iron Maidens and this is their first album, a collection of some of the best songs that the British outfit have offered throughout the years.

Not only they cover the songs but the style and artwork too! They hired Dereck Riggs (the artist who does Iron Maiden cover arts) and he made a female Eddie, or Eddie's girlfriend in any case ( I can't even start to imagine the artist conception on Eddie's son), people seem to like the cover art, although I find it quite bad?

And not only they used Dereck Riggs for the visual conception, but they recorded this album on Silver Cloud Studios, where Bruce Dickinson has recorded many of his solo records, AND not only that, the band even used the Iron Maiden / Steve Harris amps and cabs in order to achieve the authentic Maiden sound (or so I read In a brother webzine).

The result? An enjoyable album packed with good musicianship and some of the best songs of Iron Maiden, done by women.
There's definitively a special charm in listening Iron Maiden signed by a female vocalist (who goes by the name of Bruce lee Chickinson btw).

Don't expect much greatness, the original songs will be always much better than these, but I don't think these girls had the intention of improving or surpassing Iron Maiden, is just a tribute, so take it as it is, your favorite tunes from Iron Maiden done by a female band. With that mentality you'll have a blast with this album, I guarantee it.

I won't go telling which song is better and which one is not good, you know the songs, and you know your favorites.
If you got any friend that is really a fan of Maiden, this album could be the perfect gift for Christmas or Hanukkah or whatever festivity is approaching. So just pop this into your record player and enjoy the same 'ol Maiden tunes, done with female vocals.

Note: the rating Is a very subjective issue here, so, the 8/10 is my personal rating depending how much I enjoyed the selection of tracks covered. As for the music and all, these girls are competent, but you be the judge and you rate this yourself.

Written by Undercraft | 11.11.2005

Comments

Comments: 7   Visited by: 142 users
03.09.2007 - 17:50
GT
Coffee!!
Haha I have to get this album somehow. Sounds hilarious
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
06.09.2007 - 16:26
BloodTears
ANA-thema
wow i gotta check this
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
10.12.2007 - 06:57
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Is a good disc, but in somehow is boring.
27.01.2008 - 19:40
cruel pain
carpathian flame
gotta check dis out.....!!!!!!!
11.02.2008 - 23:39
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Sounds fun! Gotta download it
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
03.05.2008 - 23:43
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
hm...so far as i listen to it, it sounds nice...she hasn't her voice so far from Bruce's

country singer meets heavy metal
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

04.07.2008 - 10:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i downloaded it, it's good, the intro to Killers is really kick-ass, but the rest of the songs sound weak... girly if you will and the thing is that maiden, when covered, must sound heavier, not softer because they are already a soft band by metal standards.. especially 'the trooper' should be like twice as fast as the maidens do it lol

Hits total: 4338 | This month: 5