02. Kutulu!
03. Wolfmoon
04. Carpathia
05. Sister Najade
06. Secrecies In Darkness
07. The Charm Is Done
08. The Curse Of Arabia
09. The Lone Night Rider

"The Wolves Go Hunt Their Prey" is already the third album of The Vision Bleak, a really good and original band from Germany. With their genius mixing of melodic Death Metal and Gothic music this really atypical combo is more and more famous and I can tell you that their new album will be like a confirmation of their really big potential.

The more I listen to "The Wolves Go Hunt Their Prey" the more I like it. On a side some of you will say that this release is maybe a bit simple and commercial (I'm not really sure of it?) but you'll just have to listen to a song like "The Demon Of The Mire" with its magisterial guitar riff to understand that this band knows how to write some real killer songs. Plus, the music of The Vision Bleak is special on side, because if they're clearly influenced by Death Metal, the voice of the singer is also really special and extremely low (even if we also have some Death vocals too) and disturbing. This is special but really hypnotic and the mixing of those two different Metal styles are just perfect in the end. If you're bored by classic Melodic Death or by Metalcore I really think that you should have a look on this release (without forgetting their two first ones which are really good too).

"The Wolves Go Hunt Their Prey" is an album full of great songs, the first three ones are masterpieces and "The Black Pharaoh Trilogy" is a great conceptual "song" with a cool dark, gloomy atmosphere and some nice oriental spirits. With a great production and a great performance of the musicians, the album is really good and I think that it will be a good way for the band to become famous.

What are you waiting for my friends? If you want to headbang without being able to stop yourself just run to your record-shop and buy as soon as possible the new album of The Vision Bleak. Believe me, all the songs of this album are real hits and I'm ready to bet a lot of money on this release. "The Wolves Go Hunt Their Prey" is original with a unique sound and I can tell you that it's already one of the big surprises of the year 2007. Don't miss it!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 9
Originality: 9
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 03.09.2007

Comments

Comments: 9   Visited by: 83 users
04.09.2007 - 11:06
Trinity Blood

good review. i totally agree with u. i like this album better than the first two
04.09.2007 - 12:19
Rating: 8
Damned-In-Black

Very good album, I have to agree.
05.09.2007 - 15:41
Varegan
Hamranakara
this album is just what i expect from the vision bleak.good review
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
20.09.2007 - 04:37
TheGrandDevilry
Account deleted
Awesome Album, all the songs are so great. My favourites would have to be "She-Wolf" and "Evil Is Of Old Date".
And the Black Pharaoh Trilogy is bloody genious, what a wonderful and interesting concept. And ending with "By Our Brotherhood With Seth", i mean wow !!

The Vision Bleak Are My Favourite Band Ever !!
28.10.2007 - 09:04
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by Guest on 20.09.2007 at 04:37

Awesome Album, all the songs are so great. My favourites would have to be "She-Wolf" and "Evil Is Of Old Date".
And the Black Pharaoh Trilogy is bloody genious, what a wonderful and interesting concept. And ending with "By Our Brotherhood With Seth", i mean wow !!

Yeah these are exactly my thoughts and favorite tracks too! I just got ahold of this CD this week, and I'm annoyed at myself for missing it when it was first released!

I also love the haunting clean vocals here... Particularly in "She-Wolf," I suddenly want to grab a cauldron and start throwing in stray herbs and dead things into boiling water over a blazing fire when the clean vocal melodies come in. Cheers on adding this review, and thankfully it was easy to find in the US on Napalm Recs.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
20.12.2007 - 08:10
Rating: 10
Witcher

good but its not as good as carpathia or the death....
20.12.2007 - 14:50
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Witcher on 20.12.2007 at 08:10

good but its not as good as carpathia or the death....

if you don't have enough knowledge you better just shut up what make you think its not a good album?
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
16.03.2008 - 09:27
Rating: 6
Lone Reaper

I also think that this album is not so great as "Deathship" and "Carpathia". And I really have enough knowledge about Schwadorf's projects and bands, you may be sure...

In "Wolves" mush less cathching melodies and all rhytms and tunes stay on guitar riffs, that's why album lost its atmosphere. It's too metallic %)
Also vocals aren't so emotional, I don's believe in this story, 'cause the storytellers, they just are not sincere...
17.09.2008 - 15:06
Raziel X

And you reckon they were on previous records? LOL
They were always theatrical as hell, but thats why I like em LOL

Hits total: 7011 | This month: 10