Metal Storm logo
Nevermore - Guitarist Parts Ways With Band

According to his official website, guitarist Steve Smyth has officially parted ways with Nevermore, citing personal and business differences.

"All things find their end eventually, and at this time I wish to make it clear that this was mutually agreed between the band and myself," Steve said in a statement.

"I will continue on with other aspects of my music career, including the upcoming release of The Esseness Project, an all-instrumental album in the vein of progressive rock that is now finished and being prepared for release."

He continued, "After a year and four months of being out of the touring scene due to ill health and then a kidney transplant, I have finally been given a full health clearance by my doctors to go back on the road, and I am now ready to return to the stage.

"I am proud and extremely honored to have been a guest of Uli Jon Roth at his Sky Academy concert series this past weekend, August 24th and 25th , in L.A. What an awesome experience! To jam with one of the greatest, as well as several other incredible guitarists and musicians who have been big influences on my playing over the years, and to make new friends as well, the whole thing was just incredible. Many thanks to Uli for inviting me, it was truly an honor!

"I am now embarking on a six-week of tour of Europe with my friends from the Danish thrash metal band, SPV recording artists Hatesphere, first supporting Behemoth in Poland, and then joining the Dimmu Borgir tour. I have been a fan of Hatesphere and friends with the band since 2003, when they opened for Testament at a festival we played together, and absolutely look forward to getting out with them and together, crushing Europe!"

Source: stevesmyth.com
Band profile: Nevermore
Posted: 04.09.2007 by Thought.

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 32 users
04.09.2007 - 12:00
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

*Tears hitting the keyboard... Then a fist...*
----
THRASH!!!
04.09.2007 - 14:45
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Sad news...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
04.09.2007 - 15:43
Baz Anderson

I must have seen one of the very last shows with him then.. wow
oh well.. the band will continue and I look forward to their future works
04.09.2007 - 16:48
Infurnace

Ah damn, this is really bad.. Steve was one hell of a guitarist, especially with Nevermore. Well, I hope they find an other really good guitarist to replace Steve.
04.09.2007 - 18:45
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I wonder if Chris Broderick will take over full time duties now?
----
The force will be with you, always.
04.09.2007 - 19:04
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I heard he's good, so I hope so.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
04.09.2007 - 22:05
foschino
Account deleted
....when two great guitarists collide.....one parts ways
04.09.2007 - 23:04
MetalSpider

That really sucks !!! He was definitely a great guitarist and fit in well with Nevermore.

I also wonder if Chris Broderick will take over...he may not have the same stage prescence as Steve but I think Chris is a better guitar player.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
05.09.2007 - 00:50
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Gosh, everyone's spliting up...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
05.09.2007 - 02:35
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Chris Broderick is in Nevermore????? I thought he was in Jag Panzer, did he leave Jag Panzer?
05.09.2007 - 15:03
Baz Anderson

Written by Dark Cornatus on 05.09.2007 at 02:35

Chris Broderick is in Nevermore????? I thought he was in Jag Panzer, did he leave Jag Panzer?

no he isn't - people are just speculating
05.09.2007 - 15:19
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Written by Baz Anderson on 05.09.2007 at 15:03

Ah fair enough, it just sounded like people were saying he was a part of the band in some way.

Oh i just read hes playing a gig with Nevermore, thats why people are speculating
05.09.2007 - 19:56
Thought.
A Dying God
Written by Baz Anderson on 05.09.2007 at 15:03

with good reason... Chris Broderick of Jag Panzer has filled in many times before for Steve Smyth when his illnesses wouldn't allow him to perform. He is a good friend of the band, and, has assissted them before in the past. Recruiting Broderick would come as no surprise to Nevermore fans.
----
There is no God but the one that dies with me. I have no life but the one I take with me to the grave. We come into this world alone. And we will die on our own. I live. I die. Ain Elohim.
25.01.2008 - 13:55
Opium
Account deleted
I honestly forgot this happened, methinks it was Steve's influence that gave them more of a 'deathy' sound, good riddance anyway. I want to hear something more inspiring from them again, not sludgy (not in the musical subgenre sense) and monotonous.

Hits total: 3894 | This month: 5