Metal Storm logo
Recommend me bands like 3 Inches Of Blood

04.09.2007 - 12:55
Valentin B
Iconoclast
ok so i'm looking for stuff like 3IOB without the hardcore screamer, judas priest-"screaming for vengeance"(the song) or painkiller(the album)-era, only with a more old school feeling, iced earth's "the reckoning(don't tread on me)", generally over the top falsetto screaming, double bass, lots of speedy, burning solos and thrashy riffs- this is what i am looking for, and mostly 3 inches of blood is the band that almost has it all...

reccomend away!
08.09.2007 - 02:51
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
there is no band like them. It sounds to me like you're looking for some U.S. Power Metal.

ummmmmmm wow this is a difficult recommendation

I guess Lost Horizon , but their themes ar more serious and they use synths....... I dunno.
03.12.2008 - 10:50
Eeric
Account deleted
Hmm, maybe Mercyful Fate
03.12.2008 - 17:37
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Damn, I can't think of anyone like them. I would say check out Destroy Destroy Destroy mostly because the guitar work is similar, but as far as vocals go I'll come back in a few days when I've found something.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
03.12.2008 - 19:31
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 03.12.2008 at 17:37

Damn, I can't think of anyone like them. I would say check out Destroy Destroy Destroy mostly because the guitar work is similar, but as far as vocals go I'll come back in a few days when I've found something.

lol, what an original band name

i don't really think i'd manage to find this band though, seems pretty kvlt to me. but i'm not really interested that much about guitar work though, what i'd like to hear is more INSANE SCREAMING. and so far 3 Inches Of Blood is right up there with Halford, Iced Earth with Jon Greely, Tim Owens, that dude from Stryper, Ian Gillan and Doro(the track "A Touch of Evil" is pretty damn fucked up sick nasty)
04.12.2008 - 03:23
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Valentin B on 03.12.2008 at 19:31

i don't really think i'd manage to find this band though, seems pretty kvlt to me. but i'm not really interested that much about guitar work though, what i'd like to hear is more INSANE SCREAMING. and so far 3 Inches Of Blood is right up there with Halford, Iced Earth with Jon Greely, Tim Owens, that dude from Stryper, Ian Gillan and Doro(the track "A Touch of Evil" is pretty damn fucked up sick nasty)

Not that Kvlt, they are signed to metal blade I believe, they have only released 1 album so far (releasing their 2nd in January).
If curiosity does get the better of you though:
http://www.myspace.com/destroydestroydestroy

Kind of a keyboardy sounding 3 Inches, with no Halford screams.
----
- George Carlin
23.12.2008 - 12:50
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 03.12.2008 at 10:50

Hmm, maybe Mercyful Fate

See thats one I don't agree with. Yes they do have some what similar pitches, but the overall timbres of their voices are completely off. That and they seem to work on totally different rhythms while singing. Cams seem to push the music forward while King Diamonds hold it in place. That could also be the backing band contributing, but this is the "Recommend me bands like 3 Inches Of Blood" thread and not a "recommend me singers similar to Cam Pipes" thread.
----
- George Carlin
24.12.2008 - 15:29
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I'm gonna say Iron Steele. Their not that good at all but they do sound kind of like a less good version of 3IoB
----
Coldgrits
25.12.2008 - 05:25
Thrashard

Written by Valentin B on 03.12.2008 at 19:31

Insane screaming you say? Well, If you're into thrash check out Razor(also from Canada like 3IOB). Old thrash metal with some of the longest and evil sounding screams I've ever heard in metal.
25.12.2008 - 05:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Mercyful Fate's 9 is a good example, but have you checked out Into Eternity?
27.12.2008 - 10:15
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Dangerboner on 25.12.2008 at 05:28

Into Eternity i did check out at one time, but they seemed just too random-proggy to me, though i might give them a try soon enough again.
02.01.2009 - 09:41
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Dangerboner on 25.12.2008 at 05:28

IE really wouldn't be applicable here. I mean, yeah, Stu Block has that Halfordesque thing going for him, but they also use alot of Clean as well as death vocals, anc screeches for that matter. They're just all over the damn place. And instrumentally, well, they don't really have a very power/heavy sound. It's more like Prog/Death metal. Stu has only been on their last two albums anyway, so if you listened to say, Dead or Dreaming, you wouldn't even get a fraction of the desired vocal similarity.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
14.06.2011 - 22:56
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Re-visiting this topic. Try checking out Omega Crom. They kind of sound like a rawer version of 3 Inches in a way:

http://www.myspace.com/omegacrom
----
- George Carlin
14.06.2011 - 23:10
Fat & Sassy!

Quote:
generally over the top falsetto screaming, double bass, lots of speedy, burning solos and thrashy riffs

Toxik? They aren't *too* popular. Maybe you haven't heard of them. :O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6TcQHdg3O8
15.06.2011 - 01:49
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 14.06.2011 at 23:10

Toxik?

Fan-fucking-tastic band. More people should know of them.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.06.2011 - 01:58
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.06.2011 at 01:49

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 14.06.2011 at 23:10

Toxik?

Fan-fucking-tastic band. More people should know of them.

You know, I already think I knew you liked them, but it still surprises me... Seeing as how you seem to usually like death, doom, black, and other darker kinds of metal.
15.06.2011 - 02:03
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 15.06.2011 at 01:58

You know, I already think I knew you liked them, but it still surprises me... Seeing as how you seem to usually like death, doom, black, and other darker kinds of metal.

From the Staff page...

Musical taste: black, death, extreme doom, old school thrash

/oh right, back on topic?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.06.2011 - 02:35
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.06.2011 at 02:03

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 15.06.2011 at 01:58

From the Staff page...

Musical taste: black, death, extreme doom, old school thrash

/oh right, back on topic?

............................... I'll allow it. D:<
15.06.2011 - 06:08
wormdrink414

This is like a Mensa question. I'm sure there's an algorithm for it, but I don't know it. The biggest problem is that 3 Inches has changed their style so many times. So you'd almost have to find bands on an album-to-album basis. x sounds like Advance-era 3 inches and y sounds like Here Waits Thy Doom-era 3 Inches, and so on.
15.06.2011 - 07:27
Wyrd

Holy Grail
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"