Metal Storm logo
Best modern thrash album

Poll

Which modern thrash album do you like the most?

Other (Please specify)
Exodus - Tempo Of The Damned
Kreator - Violent Revolution
Slayer - Christ Illusion
Lamb Of God - Sacrament
Sodom - Sodom
Megadeth - The System Has Failed
Destruction - The Antichrist
Sepultura - Dante XXI

Total votes: 146
09.09.2007 - 03:51
selken
Irreligious
Well, what to say?, what's your fav among these?
Note that some of them are comeback albums
IMO the best is Exodus - Tempo of The Damned, the albums features great riffs and Steve Souza sings greatly.
----
09.09.2007 - 04:01
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
i voted other : Machine Head - The Blackening - I bought this album recently, and it is so awesome!
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
09.09.2007 - 05:29
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Sodom S/T for sure. That album is so vicious...I dont know how else to describe it. That and I think a few of the other albums on this list are shit.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
09.09.2007 - 06:04
selken
Irreligious
Written by Dangerboner on 09.09.2007 at 04:13

BTW, what do you mean by modern day? Like....since 2000?

Yep, but also can be albums from 1998-7, too. The fact is that these records couldn't have existed in earlier times (not the case of Venom, for example)
----
09.09.2007 - 11:53
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by selken on 09.09.2007 at 06:04

Written by Dangerboner on 09.09.2007 at 04:13

BTW, what do you mean by modern day? Like....since 2000?

Yep, but also can be albums from 1998-7, too. The fact is that these records couldn't have existed in earlier times (not the case of Venom, for example)

I dont know, the Sodom album, if it werent for the really good recording quality, could pass off as from the 80s.
----
- George Carlin
09.09.2007 - 12:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I dont like non of them Im thrash fan, but yes old school, and i listen 80ties albums, ewery 80ties thrash album are good, but nowdays no thank's but if I shood choose I choose Megadeth - The System Has Failed
Because I like it lil bit, but totaly dislike Sepultura after 1993, Exodus , Slayer after Seasons album and so on, so 80ties thrash was and are and will be great
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.09.2007 - 13:20
Nixx
Account deleted
I voted others: Biomechanical, it's just.... awesome!
09.09.2007 - 18:37
Baz Anderson
staff
well I voted for the Exodus one even though that album wouldn't be my pick.. because I figured everyone else would just vote "other"
my pick is not that Exodus album - but "Shovel Headed Kill Machine".. I really love this album.. one of the most extreme thrash albums out there, it's amazing
09.09.2007 - 20:57
Sunioj
Voted other - Witchery

I probably said this like a million times but, Dead, Hot, and ready and Restless and Dead are some of the catchiest/aggressive/ thrash albums Ive heard.
10.09.2007 - 19:20
Ellie
Account deleted
Well I was thinking about a lot of the neo thrash bands that have recently sprouted up..can their albums count?
10.09.2007 - 19:28
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Guest on 10.09.2007 at 19:20

Well I was thinking about a lot of the neo thrash bands that have recently sprouted up..can their albums count?

why wouldn't they count, neo-thrash is modern thrash right? So I would say: yes...
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.09.2007 - 19:30
Ellie
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.09.2007 at 19:28

Written by Guest on 10.09.2007 at 19:20

why wouldn't they count, neo-thrash is modern thrash right? So I would say: yes...

Cool Well then I'd have to say by favourite modern thrash album would be Evil in the Night by Merciless Death.
28.09.2007 - 00:32
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
My favorite modern thrash album is "Arrival of the Carnivore" by Nocturnal, a relatively obscure modern teutonic thrash band. This album takes on the oldschool sound, and exceeds any other modern thrash album in ferocity, exceptional musicianship, and overall badassness/pwnage.

Here is Nocturnal's myspace for those of you who are interested; their website is currently down:

http://www.myspace.com/nocturnalthrash
28.09.2007 - 06:42
Mega-Slayer
Written by Doc G. on 09.09.2007 at 05:29

Sodom S/T for sure. That album is so vicious...I dont know how else to describe it. That and I think a few of the other albums on this list are shit.

I second that, Sodom is the only band in the list who's latest album was really impressive. I think that s/t release was their best work in along time, as for the others its the opposite.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
28.09.2007 - 06:45
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Mega-Slayer on 28.09.2007 at 06:42

Written by Doc G. on 09.09.2007 at 05:29

I second that, Sodom is the only band in the list who's latest album was really impressive. I think that s/t release was their best work in along time, as for the others its the opposite.

Yeah, mostly Slayers latest and Lamb Of Gods, Im not that familiar with any other LoG stuff but I used to own Sacrament and I thought it was dreadful.
----
- George Carlin
28.09.2007 - 07:00
Mega-Slayer
^^^ Well actually the Destruction album isn't too bad, that's it though.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
28.09.2007 - 07:04
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Yeah, I dont really listen to Destruction, I cant imagine Kreator putting out a terrible album, but I havnt heard that specific album.
----
- George Carlin
28.09.2007 - 08:52
Syk
myspace/bonerama
I would almost definitely vote for Exodus - Tempo though I haven't heard much off the Destruction, Kreator & Sodom albums (or Sepultura but I don't think I'd like it). I don't think System should be on the list cos it's a plain heavy metal album with thrash sections in a couple of songs, I hate LoG, and I thought the last Slayer record was pretty average.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
02.10.2007 - 16:17
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Sodom - Sodom

pretty easy choice. although Slayer - Cult is a great song. but the rest of the album lowers the average
Sodom - Sodom is just pretty good
03.10.2007 - 11:12
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
Megadeth - the System has Failed
this is the best thrash album in a long time.
03.10.2007 - 13:06
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
I voted for others :

Violator - Chemical Assault
03.10.2007 - 13:10
Too many fail.
Exodus, needs no explanation.
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks
03.10.2007 - 13:19
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Too many fail. on 03.10.2007 at 13:10

Why doesn't it need one? Every choice here in this thread actually needs an explanation.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.10.2007 - 20:10
graywolf87
Account deleted
The guys consider themselves "Rock & Roll" I consider them to be the roots of thrash metal...I would say Motorhead "Inferno" album.
...songs like "In the Name Of Tragedy" sure bring that old classic thrashy/punkish Motorhead sound back to our era.

btw check out the new Testament album next year...that will sure bring the old times back, alex scholnick is back!
13.11.2007 - 05:27
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Voted other, for Machine Head - The Blackening.

And spite what everyone says here, I also like Trivium - The Crussade. If you don't like it it's your bussines, and so is mine liking 'em. The Crussade is the album Metallica Should've recorded instead of St. Anger.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
13.11.2007 - 08:35
Woutjinho
Account deleted
disagree. Metallica live shows arent what they used to be anymore. if they released The Crussade, their will be hundreds of make up wearing dudes as well at the gigs.
musically I think it has thesame low level
13.11.2007 - 08:44
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 13.11.2007 at 05:27

yes! finally someone else who agrees with me! its such an awesome album!
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
13.11.2007 - 10:40
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.10.2007 at 13:19

Written by Too many fail. on 03.10.2007 at 13:10

Why doesn't it need one? Every choice here in this thread actually needs an explanation.

ROTFL
15.11.2007 - 20:25
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 13.11.2007 at 08:44

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 13.11.2007 at 05:27

yes! finally someone else who agrees with me! its such an awesome album!

Yes it is. It kicks ass. It's my 2nd MH album, along with "The More Things Change"
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
16.11.2007 - 04:59
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
ohhh gross, i thought it meant like the thrash revival, the younger generation bringing back the old school............I don't like the old bands coming back