Metal Storm logo
Best modern thrash album

Original post

Posted by selken, 09.09.2007 - 03:51
Well, what to say?, what's your fav among these?
Note that some of them are comeback albums
IMO the best is Exodus - Tempo of The Damned, the albums features great riffs and Steve Souza sings greatly.

Poll

Which modern thrash album do you like the most?

Other (Please specify)
Exodus - Tempo Of The Damned
Kreator - Violent Revolution
Slayer - Christ Illusion
Lamb Of God - Sacrament
Sodom - Sodom
Megadeth - The System Has Failed
Destruction - The Antichrist
Sepultura - Dante XXI

Total votes: 146
16.11.2007 - 05:32
selken
Irreligious
Written by Guest on 16.11.2007 at 04:59

ohhh gross, i thought it meant like the thrash revival, the younger generation bringing back the old school............I don't like the old bands coming back

a thrash metal rule: comeback albums are not!!!

OK at that time I have less thrash scope than now.
But by now I do know bands like Susperia, Necrodeath, SYL, Sanctity, Machine Head (Killer record their last one, one of the year's finest BTW), but of course we can discuss about them.
----
06.12.2007 - 05:57
Bow To Cheese!!!
Account deleted
I just voted for Exodus because I hate voting for other and I don't know who to pick anyways lol. If I had to choose for real I guess I would pick either Darkane: Layers of Lies, Defiance: No Future No Hope, Deathchain: Deathrash Assault, Chimaira: Ressurection, or any of Tankards lastest albums lol. Can't decide because they all sound so different in my ears. All the albums on the list are good though, except for LOGs .
I also thought this thread was about New Age Thrash bands, because Modern Thrash is usually a term used to describe Thrash bands that just started recently.
06.12.2007 - 21:07
Vunts

This is a sort of difficult situation for me, because I enjoy most of the modern thrash bands. The vote will definately be "other" though, so I only need to think up the release that interests me the most.

Municipal Waste - The Art of Partying sticks out more than the others when shuffling through my thrash section. The music isn't old school, but the message is from days long gone. Short, in your face songs win in this case!

Though, if Overkill - Killbox 13 can be counted as modern thrash, then that one takes the cake for sure. No contest. No other thrash album has had so piercing aggressive vocals or so catchy passages. The songs on there keep me interested throughout the whole album, every song has it's "twist" that keeps the music from turning repetitive.
07.12.2007 - 11:52
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Municipal Waste - The Art Of Partying sounds good, havent got the time to listen to it really carefully though... so I dont know the songs yet

thesame goes for Exodus - The Atrocity Exhibition: Exhibit A
07.12.2007 - 19:47
Hellish Star

I voted Exodus; killer album....
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
10.12.2007 - 17:11
Southern Wind
Account deleted
The Sepultura is a damn good one, although I would call it plainly hardcore metal
10.12.2007 - 23:10
IllNiñoSweden

Sepultura Dante XXI and Christ Illusion is the best modern thrach metal albums.
11.12.2007 - 19:08
APOHAKC
The Bard
Destruction - The Antichrist definitely, love that album!
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
11.12.2007 - 20:22
Oskmrgo83
Oskmrgo83
I vote for Kreator, although I like Megadeth too. Kreator has a very aggressive sound and ideas in Violent Revoluiton. I think the video for the song makes a long story short on the album concept. It's great.
----
Now it's time to... rock!!!!!
09.01.2008 - 18:20
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Destruction all the way i think they are the best Thrash band nowadays they have never lost their style i love it
----
Stay Metal !!!
22.02.2008 - 02:51
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
I voted Exodus but because another album... Shovel Headed Kill Machine, was good to see Paul Bostaph on the drums!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
22.02.2008 - 06:12
m3t4lh34d

Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Wake

Far superior to Sacrament.
11.09.2008 - 06:48
Demonmayonnaise

I voted other, I really enjoy Warbringer's War Without End. That could be considered modern thrash Im sure. Merciless Death's Realm of Terror kicks ass too. Out of that list I wouldve chosen Christ Illusion, thank Satan for the other option...
15.09.2008 - 03:04
necrovamp

thier all ok but i voted for other, testaments new one, the formation of damnation. its one fuck off alum, although the title tracks shit.
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
15.09.2008 - 20:29
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I say the same thing as Southern Wind said... Sepultura's album was awesome but I don't really think is pure Thrash. But its good anyway.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
16.09.2008 - 00:18
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
how the hell did The Antichrist get lower than Tempo of the Damned?? Tempo of the Damned isnt even that good, the Antichrist is fuckin KILLER.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
09.10.2008 - 10:04
Sonic MrSumo

Trivium's "Ascendancy".

What makes a good thrash album? Speed and aggression. And I really think the speed and aggression on this album is first rate.
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
29.10.2008 - 04:48
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Violent Revolution. Its got the most traditional sounding thrash elements in it. and Kreator still do that very well
----
Coldgrits
30.10.2008 - 14:49
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Also This Godless Endeavor by Nevermore is amazing
great guitar and vocals
----
Stay Metal !!!
01.11.2008 - 16:07
Abattoir

I voted other...and that would be Sylosis - The Supreme Oppressor

Although there are several good albums named in that list which I also respect, like Sacrament, Violent Revolution and Sodom.
01.11.2008 - 17:03
Charly546

Heathen's 2005 demo doesn't count? If it does, then that is pretty much the best thing released since 1993.
If it doesn't then Heathen's upcoming album should win this by default.
01.11.2008 - 17:35
smcl369

Theres a good album by one of the newer bands Evile.
11.12.2008 - 09:12
Metalbound7

Testament Formation of Damnation, great album

of those listed: Exodus

But the latest album of Megadeth, United Abominations is great too, and Municipal Waste is a great modern Thrash band.
11.12.2008 - 21:46
Luciferion

Voted other. I'd have to go with Darkane - Demonic Art
----
Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is, and I am the wolf that hunts you.
03.01.2009 - 12:13
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I like Violent Revolution and Christ Illusion, both are great but I'll vote for Slayer this time.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
07.01.2009 - 21:31
Saitenhexerin

I voted other:
Machine Head - The Blackening
I think this is what modern Thrash Metal should sound like in my ears!
Although I like the newer Slayer albums too, I think they are not modern Thrash, but the old heroes of Thrash Metal !
m/
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
05.12.2009 - 15:50
Sludge Cowboy

Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Wake! I moshpit in my room everytime I listen to this album! hahahaha
----
If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music.
03.04.2011 - 23:56
blacktooth85

Exodus - Tempo Of The Damned
03.04.2011 - 23:57
blacktooth85

Warbringer - Waking into Nightmares also
04.04.2011 - 00:02
Yasmine

Kreator!!!!!!!!
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u