Metal Storm logo
Ensiferum - Part Ways With Keyboardist

As posted on the band's website, Ensiferum has unfortunately suffered another member loss in the band as the band's long-time keyboard player Meiju Enho decided to leave the band. The band expresses their regret for her decision to depart the band, but despite the break-up the band will victoriously go on! You can read Meiju's afterwords here.

Emmi Silvennoinen from the band Exsecratus has been substituting Meiju from the beginning of this year (2007) and continues to act as the live/session keyboard player for Ensiferum until further notice.

Source: ensiferum.com
Band profile: Ensiferum
Posted: 10.09.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 26   Visited by: 35 users
10.09.2007 - 20:00
Baz Anderson

wow.. well.. it makes sence that Emmi Silvennoinen should carry on.. she played with them when I saw them earlier in the year
Meiju was the longest running member of the band as well.. haha.. will they ever have a stable line-up?

strange I read this while I am watching their DVD as well..
10.09.2007 - 20:03
Warman
Erotic Stains
Damn, I liked her.
----
10.09.2007 - 21:12
RavenLord

Written by Baz Anderson on 10.09.2007 at 20:00

wow.. well.. it makes sence that Emmi Silvennoinen should carry on.. she played with them when I saw them earlier in the year
Meiju was the longest running member of the band as well.. haha.. will they ever have a stable line-up?

strange I read this while I am watching their DVD as well..

Surely Markus Toivonen has the longest service time in Ensiferum...?

Anyway, she'll be missed, as she was hot, and Ensiferum's keyboards are often quite cool
----
10.09.2007 - 21:12
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
I liked her too, sad news
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
10.09.2007 - 21:15
Baz Anderson

Written by RavenLord on 10.09.2007 at 21:12

Surely Markus Toivonen has the longest service time in Ensiferum...?

Anyway, she'll be missed, as she was hot, and Ensiferum's keyboards are often quite cool

haha yes, you're quite right..
she had the longest apart from Markus I meant to say.. hahaha
10.09.2007 - 22:09
mara

so sad
she was very good
10.09.2007 - 22:38
Carrion
Account deleted
Too bad..
11.09.2007 - 01:06
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Man, next album will barely have the original Ensiferum sound (only saved by Markus). She was good, I liked her, she brought a unique sound. Oh well, it will be exciting to see what new stuff they can come up with.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
11.09.2007 - 03:42
Hyvaarin

Ahh that sucks, she was a babe haha.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
11.09.2007 - 03:56
Arcaliz
Account deleted
Bad news....
11.09.2007 - 07:36
selken
Irreligious
So sad, but why did she take such a decision?, It could be better a break of from the band, isn't it?. she'll be missed, but the battle continues!!!
----
11.09.2007 - 07:37
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Oh well, this band hasn't been the same for a few years anyway.
11.09.2007 - 19:12
APOHAKC
The Bard
This sucks
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
11.09.2007 - 20:54
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬
>.< I don't like how things are evolving here with Ensiferum...
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
12.09.2007 - 04:30
Damg
Account deleted
This is bad, Meiju was a very important part of Ensiferum, and she was very cute too
13.09.2007 - 12:50
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Im not surprised at all I could have predicted this, seeing as to how dreadfully shit Ensiferum became once Jari left. Sad that she had to leave, but Ensiferum hasnt been the same for me since Petri took over.....just a matter of time folks...and Ensiferum will be no more.
13.09.2007 - 18:04
FeskarN

Sad news. She was pretty cute.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
13.09.2007 - 19:32
Fane

=/ Well she sure was good and now that good is gone. And so true that Ensiferum isn't same as before. Oh those days of Iron..
----
Coffee for power
Music for creativity
Sarcasm for fun
15.09.2007 - 00:07
Mother_North

Ensiferum CAN'T split up I just started to listen to them and I am completly in love with their music
----
"i still can't imagine any of them dead. They live on; they are fixed on that far-off region called childhood, were nothing ever dies, not even oneself."
17.09.2007 - 13:59
~Nagash~
Account deleted
Damn this sucks, Ensiferum is in my opinion the best band there is.
And now the only girl in the band leaves.
20.09.2007 - 02:50
wes337

Ensiferum can't die!!! They just can't!!!
20.09.2007 - 23:22
Guifes

Ensiferum sure used to rock, too bad they're falling apart
21.09.2007 - 01:53
Promonex
Cathemeral
One half of all posters in here is saddened by the fact that Meiju was cute and there won't be any promo shots with her anymore. The other half complains about Ensiferum falling apart and pretend to be caring about the artistic direction of the band. Of those though there's only one post in this thread (Valaskjalf) who gave Victory Songs a rating which correlates with his disapproval displayed in this thread. Strange, innit?

The new lineup has proven itself both in the studio and live, on both occasions they blew me away and I can't wait to see them again in December. Ensiferum have always been great and will remain great, no matter who stands behind the keys or the mic. And I seriously cannot understand how people can post things like "Ensiferum can't die!!! They just can't!!! " - they've proven that they can survive without the main songwriter, lead guitarist and vocalist, they'll definitely survive this minor lineup change as well.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
21.09.2007 - 02:03
Baz Anderson

hahaha, I really can't believe theres so much commotion about just the keyboard player leaving!
22.01.2008 - 21:13
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Baz Anderson on 21.09.2007 at 02:03

hahaha, I really can't believe theres so much commotion about just the keyboard player leaving!

Maybe her looks have something to do... We can't deny that woman is a complete beauty.
Or the fact that Ensiferum has lost members along their career, but hey, they're still playing...
Maybe it's because they won't get a keyboarder as beautiful as Meihu
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
22.02.2008 - 14:09
Lordofchaos
Account deleted
yes, it is sad she's gone too...

I think the band was only good with jari because (even if it was not his band) he WAS the band ! but he left 4 years ago... his new band is quite boring, I don't like wintersun at all...

now it seems the band is at its worst times (with the "beautiful" voice of petri lindroos haha) and the line-up changes, it seems, at every new album

so it's sad that meiju is gone but maybe the new keyboardist will have another way of playing, maybe a better one !

so i wait for a next album before i judge ^^ (and even if victory songs is their worst album it is not yet bad...)

Hits total: 5640 | This month: 10