03. Blow By Blow
04. Ashes Of Wrong
05. Fighting To Die
06. Headbangers
07. Hey Look (But Don't Touch)
08. Piece Of My Heart
09. Jack Of All Trades
10. Rock Your World

Paul Sabu is a famous producer who has worked with artists like Madonna, Bowie, Alice Cooper or WASP. But this guy is also a famous singer and a good guitarist and sometime, when he has some free time, he releases his own albums. The year 2007 will be the year of his new production, "Strange Messiah" an album extremely classic and not so original on a side but which is for sure something that the fans of Hard FM will probably like in my opinion.

What can I say about the new release of this famous American producer? Well, Paul Sabu is not a great producer for nothing, in general these guys are also great musicians and with his own band (under his name) or with Only Child, Sabu has recorded some good recognized albums of Hard FM. "Strange Messiah" is not bad at all too! Despite its really kitsch cover and its really old school sonorities, the album is pleasant. Well, it's pleasant if you like Hard FM and AOR music of course because if we have some cool choruses and some really melodic riffs yes it's pure Hard FM but let's be honest too, we heard it all before (and a lot of times!).

So all in all, it's not a bad album and for sure the voice of Sabu is really good and his performance on this release is really impressive. For sure too it's a nice and solid release of Hard FM with all the ingredients that the fans of the genre want to listen to but this is not something essential. I'm sorry but I don't see a lot of interest in an album which is not bad of course but which just don't give anything new to the auditors. It's something for the fans only in my opinion.

Sabu is a great producer, Sabu is a great musician and yes he knows how to write some good songs. Though despite all this great personal qualities he didn't know how to surprise us. His last album is good but extremely conventional and I will only recommend it to the nostalgic and the ones who are die-hard fans of Hard Rock of the end of the 80's and beginning of the 90's. You know what to do now...

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 6
Production: 9

Written by Jeff | 10.09.2007

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 2 users
10.09.2007 - 20:43
Herzebeth

OH MY GOD!!! what's with the cover
----