05. In Hell
06. Never Surrender
07. Wings Of Eternity
08. When I'm Falling
09. Warriors Of Lies
10. Dead Moon Rising
11. Never-Ending
12. War In The Sky [Japanese bonus]

As you may have heard, Kostas Karamitroudis (alias Gus G.) has left Dream Evil to concentrate more on one of his other bands, Mystic Prophecy.
But how much do you really know about Mystic Prophecy? You might think that it's one quite unknown band that struggles for survival, but you're wrong. Mystic Prophecy almost deserves to be called Super-group, almost. Because the guys in the band are no beginners, because except Gus G. (ex-Dream Evil, Nightrage & Firewind) the band also contains Roberto Dimitri Liapakis (Valley's Eve) on vocals, Dennis Ekdahl (Raised Hell) on drums and Martin Albrecht (Valley's Eve & ex-Stormwitch) on bass.

Mystic Prophecy became one of the biggest surprises last year with the release of their second album, "Regressus", and that's very understandable, because with such powerful and melodic Metal, a break-through is a must.
But even if they gained much attention, they are still very unknown to our metal society.
The members are all known, but the band itself is still struggling in the shadow, unfortunately.
With such members and such music, they have to succeed now, because this album is really, really good.

"Never-Ending" is their third album since 2001, and it might be their best, I don't say that because I'm supposed to, I say it because it's true. Both "Vengeance" and "Regressus" are good, but "Never-Ending feels much more even and it has what's needed to become a success, and I really think that Mystic Prophecy will get at least some of the respect they deserve. It's hard to play this Heavy Power Metal (with some American touches) in a good way, but Mystic Prophecy can.

We are given 11 songs within this new album, and 10 of them are real songs, with vocals and stuff, the ender and title-track is just an instrumental one.
But anyway, the 10 songs we got are holding very high class; there are no real bad ones. But to be honest, there are no outstanding killer songs either, this album is not what Real Madrid is for the soccer (a lot of individuals), it's about teamwork, the whole album is very even and it creates a very good listening experience.

Many of you might already know Mystic Prophecy, and for you I say; You know what this is all about, and if you liked their other two album, you will like this one, it's a very safe buy.
To all the others, you have to be into Power Metal (Heavy/Power Metal) with some American touches (US Power) to like this, so maybe you should try a track or two before purchasing.

Check Out: "Time Will Tell", "Under a Darkened Sun", "When I'm Falling" and the ballad "Never Surrender".

Written by Malcolm | 24.10.2004

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 50 users
10.09.2007 - 21:43
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Hmm... after getting into their 2006 "Savage Souls" release, I kept hearing all about how their older works are perhaps better. However, I find this CD to be forgettable after the first few tracks, because they are just so similar that I can't remember one to the next. The first couple of tracks are real winners, but I just can't see such a high rating for something so derivative I just don't see much repeat value in this CD, though a few tracks could find their way to a mix CD.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley

Hits total: 4021 | This month: 14