Metal Storm logo
Turisas - Premiere Rasputin Video Clip

It is truly something very special what infamous Finnish folk metal warriors Turisas unleash upon you now with the premiere of their fantastic new clip "Rasputin", an insane cover version of the old Boney M. classic every fan should already recognise from their unforgettable live shows.

Band mastermind Warlord comments the clip as follows: "This video is pretty far from what you'd expect from a Turisas-video - or any metal video for that matter! The idea to the video is just as wild as the cover song itself: a battle metal band covering a 70's disco hit. Just as the song, it is a crossover of the 70's kitsch attached to the Boney M - track, but performed by us as we do it. Director Vesa-Matti Vainio and the whole crew did a great job on this one and to me, this is a good pick for our first video ever. I assure you, there are plenty of ideas on epic spectacles to be looked into later."

So cover your disco plateau boots with blood by dancing wildly on this one! Watch the clip here:
http://www.myspace.com/turisasofficial

Turisas' version of "Rasputin" will be available on the "Rasputin" Single, which will hit stores on the following dates:

Germany: Friday, September 21, 2007.
UK / France / Various other territories: Monday, September 24, 2007.
Spain: Tuesday, September 25, 2007.
Finland: Wednesday, September 26, 2007.

It will be released as CD-Single also including the band's classic tune ?Battle Metal" as well as strictly limited Picture 7" vinyl featuring "The Court Of Jarisleif" as B-Side.

Source: turisas.com
Band profile: Turisas
Posted: 10.09.2007 by Dr.Rock

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 4 users
10.09.2007 - 22:48
Carrion
Account deleted
That was really a f*cking weird combination. Disco chicks and bloody warriors.
11.09.2007 - 18:50
Promonex
Cathemeral
Somehow the audience at their actual concerts looks a bit different.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
11.09.2007 - 20:57
priit

Song's good, video is kinda weird...
11.09.2007 - 21:16
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Excellent stuff , brilliant cover
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for