Metal Storm logo
New feature: Album collection and Wishlist

13.09.2007 - 20:22
Ivan
Retired Admin
Yes, now you can create your own album collection here on MS! I've been asked many times about this feature, and now it's finally here. Here are some of its possible uses:

- Keep track of your albums and wishlist, sort them by band, year, rating or purchase date
- Keep track of release dates of albums in your wishlist
- See the albums you haven't yet voted for and do it very conveniently right on the Collection page
- Show your collection to other users and see their collections

And coming after we have enough entries:
- We will analyze your favorite bands, album collection, ratings and try to find users with similar tastes and maybe make some suggestions about other bands or albums you might find interesting
- Our own charts will show how many people own an album and which albums are currently 'hot'

We are also open to any suggestions about additional features/uses of Album collection.

You can add albums from your Collection page, as well as using the 3 new buttons under album images:
- I have it! means just that - that you already own the album
- Just got it recently - means that you've acquired this album within the last few days - this will add the album with the purchase date set to current day. Mainly for the charts, but you might also find it useful.
- Add to my wishlist - add the album to your wishlist

Another way to add albums is the albums list. You can filter the albums there in any way you want and then add them one by one using the buttons.

Have fun!
13.09.2007 - 20:39
Warman
Erotic Stains
SO FUCKING AWESOME!!!! I'm glad you liked my idea about the "neighbour"-stuff.
----
13.09.2007 - 20:47
Baz Anderson

yeh, I am really really glad how this has turned out - it looks better than I imagined
even more reason for people to join MS.. hahaha

I will make my list tomorrow or start it at least tomorrow.. I think it will take a while to add them all in
13.09.2007 - 20:56
iaberis
Advice Troll
Yeah! Hooray for Ivan! Best metal site!
I've already started adding
----
Bitch! Please
13.09.2007 - 21:39
selken
Irreligious
YEAH!!!, thanx a lot Ivan, adding albums will be a long task, so I better start now!!!!!
This is so awesome!!!, IVAN: PHP MASTER
----
13.09.2007 - 22:06
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i don't see it :\
13.09.2007 - 22:20
Deadsoulman

Very nice feature, it works really well
13.09.2007 - 22:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Werry nice idea and I like it, but I dunno if i will ed a lot of, because I dont own so much origibal CD, but coppy I had alot of bured CD and its lil not fair, so I dont edd bands what I had, but wish list werry hard because I want almoust all old heavy metal, doom metal, 80ties thrash, old school death and lil old gothic bands, but IMO its werry good Idea

EDDIT:

I just edd some albums what I had but its wont be alot of because I had a lot of albums of bands who isnt in metalstorm and my wish list is huge and seems you all know what bands I wanna and I will finsih edding albums tomorow
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.09.2007 - 00:13
Valentin B
Iconoclast
where is it? where can i edit it??
14.09.2007 - 00:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 14.09.2007 at 00:13

where is it? where can i edit it??

When you go to band discography where you rate, albums there are some new functions, go and look there
----

apos;'
[image]
14.09.2007 - 01:06
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Hooray! Praise Ivan!
14.09.2007 - 01:36
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Sounds pretty nice, I'll have to look into it and add my collection later.
14.09.2007 - 02:24
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
this is going to take me forever
14.09.2007 - 03:01
Graveheart

Up until now I've used the album votes as a means to keep track on my cd collection, but those extra features convince me that it's going to be worth the effort to make use of this thing. It seems like an amazing idea to me, at least at first glance.
14.09.2007 - 05:28
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬
uooo nice feature!
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
14.09.2007 - 09:13
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Ivan on 13.09.2007 at 20:22

- See the albums you haven't yet voted for and do it very conveniently right on the Collection page

This helps me out soooooooo much. Seriously. Thank you.

Anyways, I thought this was just a novel little idea at first, but now that Ive read these reasons Im so excited. I cant wait to see who has similar tastes and stuff to me...as well as the hotlist for albums...

Just out of curiosity, when we add an album to our 'Wishlist' that hasnt been released yet, will we get a notification on the release day or anything...just a side thought for us people who are busy or have no memory span for remembering dates.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
14.09.2007 - 09:24
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Doc G. on 14.09.2007 at 09:13

Just out of curiosity, when we add an album to our 'Wishlist' that hasnt been released yet, will we get a notification on the release day or anything...just a side thought for us people who are busy or have no memory span for remembering dates.

I'm thinking about it...
14.09.2007 - 10:10
Ivan
Retired Admin
Here's the easiest way to add albums featured on MS: go to Albums and search for a band. Then click the 'I have it' buttons for the ones you own. Takes less than a minute even for bands with very extensive discographies.

Here's also a little tip: if you want to search for albums with, let's say, Pink Floyd covers, search for 'c: Pink Floyd' in tracklist (example).
14.09.2007 - 12:34
GT
Coffee!!
The feature is very nice...eventhough it's gonna take forever adding all my albums (eventhough I haven't got that many). Very nice move Ivan
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
14.09.2007 - 13:16
Inlé

Haha I was wondering what that was yesterday, now I know! Nice addition!
14.09.2007 - 18:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ivan on 14.09.2007 at 09:24

I'm thinking about it...

How about trade list?
Some members maybe want sold some albums what thay dony listening so much, ist be usefull too
----

apos;'
[image]
14.09.2007 - 20:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ok stupid quasten but in new collection in corner are written

''Download

Coming soon! Download album collection in CSV format ''

What is CSV?
----

apos;'
[image]
14.09.2007 - 21:06
Baz Anderson

Comma separated values maybe? I'm not too sure..
CSV is like how our favourite bands show in our profiles, separated by commas
14.09.2007 - 21:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 14.09.2007 at 21:06

Comma separated values maybe? I'm not too sure..
CSV is like how our favourite bands show in our profiles, separated by commas

I thougt I can get album for free dounloud like comp
----

apos;'
[image]
14.09.2007 - 22:31
Lupas
Maximus
Great Idea . It is needed here to let members to know each other besides in forums .
Once again to Ivan
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
15.09.2007 - 19:03
The Norseman

Wow... I just PM Ivan a few days ago about this and it is here now! That's fast!! Heh

Nice feature! I'm sure this will get a lot of add-ons, there is really a lot of stuff one can do on top of this.

Good work
15.09.2007 - 21:03
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Maybe it would also be a good idea to specify on what format we have them? There are certain things in my collection I have doubled, on CD and vinyl or CD and tape.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
15.09.2007 - 21:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
OKay I've decided to tick everything I OWN on original cassette, vinyl, cd, dvd, and the rest I have on cop[ied or downloaded format I add to my wishlist, because all that stuff I want to have as original sometime anyway.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.09.2007 - 22:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lucas on 15.09.2007 at 21:03

Maybe it would also be a good idea to specify on what format we have them? There are certain things in my collection I have doubled, on CD and vinyl or CD and tape.

Yes its be good mention hmm like
CD
Casssette
Viny

Its be easer
----

apos;'
[image]
16.09.2007 - 04:16
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Bad English on 14.09.2007 at 18:46

Written by Ivan on 14.09.2007 at 09:24

I'm thinking about it...

How about trade list?
Some members maybe want sold some albums what thay dony listening so much, ist be usefull too

actually I really like that idea, having a list of albums you dont want anymore, then other members can look at that list and offer trades. Or perhaps what might be easier would be to have the albums that you want to trade like highlighted in a certain colour or have a star next to it or something like that
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin