Metal Storm logo
New feature: Album collection and Wishlist

Original post

Posted by Ivan, 13.09.2007 - 20:22
Yes, now you can create your own album collection here on MS! I've been asked many times about this feature, and now it's finally here. Here are some of its possible uses:

- Keep track of your albums and wishlist, sort them by band, year, rating or purchase date
- Keep track of release dates of albums in your wishlist
- See the albums you haven't yet voted for and do it very conveniently right on the Collection page
- Show your collection to other users and see their collections

And coming after we have enough entries:
- We will analyze your favorite bands, album collection, ratings and try to find users with similar tastes and maybe make some suggestions about other bands or albums you might find interesting
- Our own charts will show how many people own an album and which albums are currently 'hot'

We are also open to any suggestions about additional features/uses of Album collection.

You can add albums from your Collection page, as well as using the 3 new buttons under album images:
- I have it! means just that - that you already own the album
- Just got it recently - means that you've acquired this album within the last few days - this will add the album with the purchase date set to current day. Mainly for the charts, but you might also find it useful.
- Add to my wishlist - add the album to your wishlist

Another way to add albums is the albums list. You can filter the albums there in any way you want and then add them one by one using the buttons.

Have fun!
03.10.2007 - 15:06
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Written by Bararey on 03.10.2007 at 07:47

Is there a way to browse the CDs that are available in other users tradelists, instead of going to each member's tradelist at a time or each CD page at a time?

It will be, soon.
03.10.2007 - 15:48
Syk
myspace/bonerama
I'm curious, will it be possible in the future to rate our albums not on the site? Do the ratings take up too much space/memory or is it just too irrelevant?
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
03.10.2007 - 20:37
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Written by Syk on 03.10.2007 at 15:48

I'm curious, will it be possible in the future to rate our albums not on the site? Do the ratings take up too much space/memory or is it just too irrelevant?

I don't think it will ever happen. The rating system allows only featured bands, and I don't think modifying it is worth the effort...
03.10.2007 - 21:04
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Better spend that time on expanding the database a bit.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
04.10.2007 - 03:14
Syk
myspace/bonerama
OK yeah, thanks for the answer

edit - possible bug, my wishlist seems to be stuck in "sort by year" mode...
----

04.10.2007 - 04:56
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
is it possible for there to be a way to search for albums that are on anyones tradelist - cos at the moment u cant search for an album that u may want, u have to snoop around looking for it - just a suggestion
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
04.10.2007 - 10:04
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Written by Syk on 04.10.2007 at 03:14

edit - possible bug, my wishlist seems to be stuck in "sort by year" mode...

Fixed.
04.10.2007 - 10:05
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 04.10.2007 at 04:56

is it possible for there to be a way to search for albums that are on anyones tradelist - cos at the moment u cant search for an album that u may want, u have to snoop around looking for it - just a suggestion

Coming soon...
04.10.2007 - 10:29
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Written by Ivan on 04.10.2007 at 10:05

Written by BurbotsRevenge on 04.10.2007 at 04:56

Coming soon...

sweet
cant wait, ur just one step ahead of everyone

metalstorm - getting better evrey day
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
05.10.2007 - 13:05
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Update:

- Media type (CD/DVD/Tape/Vinyl)
- Additional info box
- Additional info and purchase date appear in Collection as small icons, hover the mouse over them to see the details
05.10.2007 - 14:57
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Ivan: Sweet job...damn this new feature is getting better and better
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
05.10.2007 - 19:18
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Update:

- Tradelist is now open (look under 'Community' in the main menu)
05.10.2007 - 21:23
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Ivan on 05.10.2007 at 13:05

Update:

- Media type (CD/DVD/Tape/Vinyl)
- Additional info box
- Additional info and purchase date appear in Collection as small icons, hover the mouse over them to see the details
- Tradelist is now open (look under 'Community' in the main menu)

Nice! This is indeed getting better and better.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
07.10.2007 - 04:26
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Well, after five days, I have gone through every band and added the albums I have by them. Good work Ivan, I have been waiting for something like this for a long time.
----
(space for rent)
07.10.2007 - 04:38
Stigmatized
I have to say I really enjoy this feature. It's really easy to use and finally gives me a place to post my collection. Nice work.
07.10.2007 - 06:20
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Could there be an option to sort by Additional info (I mean what's entered on the user's collection page, not the album's own page on MS) and to search through this box on Collection pages in the same way that you can search through tracklists on the Album index page?
----

08.10.2007 - 10:44
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Eeeek - I accidentally added some albums twice - how can I delete them ?

EDIT : Ignore this I worked it out myself

The tradelist is a very good idea .
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
10.10.2007 - 16:27
iaberis
Advice Troll
I'd like to suggest the removal of the neighbors. As I van said it's heavy and it's not actually offering anything to the site or the users. So I'd say it's a waste of resources...
----
Bitch! Please
10.10.2007 - 17:17
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Written by iaberis on 10.10.2007 at 16:27

I'd like to suggest the removal of the neighbors. As I van said it's heavy and it's not actually offering anything to the site or the users. So I'd say it's a waste of resources...

It's only wasting resources when it's being updated, so don't worry about it. I personally think it's fun, and sometimes even useful...
10.10.2007 - 18:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

you dont like neighbors because you had Death3 and he is Aris?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.10.2007 - 14:49
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite

Yeah, it could be really useful to meet people with the same tastes as you, chat about bands, etc. You might even have people with similar favourite bands getting you into some new music that you like but didn't know about!
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
14.10.2007 - 11:04
Syk
myspace/bonerama
In light of this last argument, I get the feeling the neighbour points for having a same favourite band shouldn't be quite so high...
----

14.10.2007 - 15:12
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Well when I lok at my neighbours the only ONE I share my taste in metal with is Collin and the ohers only slightly.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.10.2007 - 21:34
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.10.2007 at 15:12

Well when I lok at my neighbours the only ONE I share my taste in metal with is Collin and the ohers only slightly.

aww, I am in your "Neighbours" part. I was hoping you had all of a sudden grown into nice, cheesy power metal hahahahahahaha. that would have made my day - Marcel listening to Freedom Call. hahahaha
14.10.2007 - 22:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 14.10.2007 at 21:34

aww, I am in your "Neighbours" part. I was hoping you had all of a sudden grown into nice, cheesy power metal hahahahahahaha. that would have made my day - Marcel listening to Freedom Call. hahahaha

Hahahahahahahahahaha probobly we wont see it
----

apos;'
[image]
14.10.2007 - 23:03
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite

This feature doesn't work for you, because you have every fucking album ever released in your Collection!
14.10.2007 - 23:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ivan on 14.10.2007 at 23:03

This feature doesn't work for you, because you have every fucking album ever released in your Collection!

Hahha I woundering where he keep all CD seems he has 2 houses one where he live's, seccend for CD and its unite whit underground tounel
----

apos;'
[image]
17.10.2007 - 12:34
m3ta1he4d
CDs are becoming obsolete as times passes by.. I'm having problems where to store my collection..
17.10.2007 - 15:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 14.10.2007 at 23:31

Written by Ivan on 14.10.2007 at 23:03

Hahha I woundering where he keep all CD seems he has 2 houses one where he live's, seccend for CD and its unite whit underground tounel

Well you are not far off. I have a bout 1000 cd's at the place I live and a couple of hundred cassettes and vinyl as well plus all my mp3s

the rest of the vinyl, cassettes & cd's are at my parents place (those are the very rare ones plus the ones I never play) because I don't have room for that. Ask Markku how small the place is I live he has seen it.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.10.2007 - 15:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.10.2007 at 15:24

Well you are not far off. I have a bout 1000 cd's at the place I live and a couple of hundred cassettes and vinyl as well plus all my mp3s

the rest of the vinyl, cassettes & cd's are at my parents place (those are the very rare ones plus the ones I never play) because I don't have room for that. Ask Markku how small the place is I live he has seen it.

WoW man I wanna see it, its like BBC studio archive or something
Are there some CD what you havnt hear or maybe there are some you dont know had

Yes its problem, i know one guy who has same number CD how you he keep it in boxes i his room and those boxes are like lil banging and all will fal

i keep moust stuff in my mother house in Swe here are mop3 and coppy stuff dont wanna take all stuff by plain but mp3 damn I lost about 10 000 songs whit old pC and rear bands
----

apos;'
[image]