Metal Storm logo
Album collection - Only original or burned CDs too?

Poll

What kind of albums do you add in your colletion?

Only original CDs/Vinyls I have.
Not only these too, but also downloaded.
Both original and burned CD-Rs.

Total votes: 176
14.09.2007 - 10:28
iaberis
Advice Troll
Now that Ivan has added this amazing new feature in the site, tell us, what kind of albums do you add and do you think that other people should add too.

P.S.: People with cassettes can consider them as albums too, either original or copied!
----
Bitch! Please
14.09.2007 - 10:31
iaberis
Advice Troll
Personally I add only original CDs I have. Not burned CDs or illegal copies. And I think people should add original too, but if someone can't afford originals, it's OK to add burned too then, I don't blame anyone...
I don't even want to think people who add downloaded albums
----
Bitch! Please
14.09.2007 - 10:34
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
what aboput original or copied cassettes? Many usres have cassettes too.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.09.2007 - 10:38
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.09.2007 at 10:34

Well, I almost forgot that thing. I didn't know there are still people using that media.
Can I add the poll?
----
Bitch! Please
14.09.2007 - 10:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by iaberis on 14.09.2007 at 10:38

Well, I almost forgot that thing. I didn't know there are still people using that media.
Can I add the poll?

maybe delete the first post or entire thread and start it again?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.09.2007 - 10:44
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.09.2007 at 10:42

Written by iaberis on 14.09.2007 at 10:38

Can I add the poll?

maybe delete the first post or entire thread and start it again?

I think if add an option about cassettes too, that would be too confusing. So just consider cassettes as albums, either original or copied.
----
Bitch! Please
14.09.2007 - 10:46
Valentin B
Iconoclast
obviously only real stuff, if i would add my whole downloaded albums collection there i think metalstorm would crash
14.09.2007 - 12:21
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Only original stuff. Cassettes, cd's, dvd's & vinyl.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
14.09.2007 - 12:21
Hyvaarin
I'd say you should only list "real" CDs/cassettes/vinyl/whatever. Any dickhead can list the thousand albums they've downloaded, but I think the "Collections" feature is more about showing how you distribute your metal budget.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
14.09.2007 - 12:30
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I added my original and the few burned CDs I have. Thought about adding the downloaded ones too but decided against it 'cause it wouldn't show the real picture if you know what I mean
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
14.09.2007 - 13:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

I agree maybe i dont won so much cassettes anymore but I had started whit them and one of my friend owns hmmm more how 4000 cassettes and he introduce me whit mor eunderground metal when I wa s14-16(he are 3 years older)
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.09.2007 - 13:30
Deadsoulman
Elite
I'm adding the original albums I have and also the few dozens burned ones, so I can keep track of what I need to change (I'm trying to buy all the burned copies I did long ago) Downloaded stuff that I like goes in my wishlist.
14.09.2007 - 13:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I wote for ''Both original and burned CD-Rs'' because I dont wanna edd dounloud music, because I had it moustly 80% of all what I had, so I edd here only those what I had burned or original stuff Both original and burned CD-Rs

PS Im not finished edding bands yet
----

apos;'
[image]
14.09.2007 - 14:55
Inlé
I'm only going to add original CD's/Vinyls.... Official "hard copies", whatever you may call them.

Otherwise It'd take a rather long time as I've only just converted to being a hoarder of DL'ed mp3's to buying the proper copies, and anything I gave more than say, 5/10 to, I'd still "own" if you count downloads. As people have said, there'd be so much to add if you counted downloaded albums. It'll be fun seeing my relatively small collection thus far (hopefully) grow on the page too!

So ya, first option here.
14.09.2007 - 17:25
matos
well that's what i wanted to know too. i think only original stuff should be added, anyone can download and burn, well anyone can buy originals too but thats what counts doesn't it ?
on the other hand, i can only add one album, if i don't count doanloads
----
14.09.2007 - 19:46
Warman
Erotic Stains
Only original stuff of course!!!

The best with this new feature is IMO that you can add albums/bands that doesn't exist on the site.
----
14.09.2007 - 23:44
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Warman on 14.09.2007 at 19:46

Only original stuff of course!!!

The best with this new feature is IMO that you can add albums/bands that doesn't exist on the site.

Same here. I only consider that by marking "own" cd means that you have that cd in it's original way . Not copied or downloaded version. These are for me not considered as a part of my collection ( although i have more than 100GB of it )
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
15.09.2007 - 00:09
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Only originals....then again I dont own any illegal music. All purchased.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
15.09.2007 - 00:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
OK LAST POST ABOUT ME

I had finsihed 80% of all eddinsg here

So just edd all albums what I had in CD original and burned(also cassetts), but I dont edd albums what I had in PC even full lenght IMO it dont counts, and well my colection are not small and not huge
I had more stuff but its not metal and IMO blues and ja shood not be here so

About wanted list, I wont edd nothing there maybe lil bit, because its so huge and im to lazy to do it, maybe when I will eddit soem band and see album what I want if wont be lazy I just click there but otherwise no

I dont have hmm like for example Arch Enemy, Within Tampation ehh Morgana Lefay albums or whatrewer, but it dont means I havnt hear em. I had hera much much more almous ewery album and ewery week I lsiten 2-5 new albms + old what I had, so ... some day my collection be richer, but now enjoy it

PS about album votes I dont like svoting so much, but since I edd I vote and I give +/- 1 about album, its hard give opinium and well i know Paradise Lost all my votes was 10 because dunno how choose, its hard to choose so ... let talk music not votes and Jup agree whit me
----

apos;'
[image]
15.09.2007 - 01:34
Lord TJ
I voted Original and Burned CD's.

Im always broke, so why not borrow a CD from a friend?
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
15.09.2007 - 05:40
selken
Irreligious
I voted for last choice, I've added albums for which I paid both as CD's, iTunes or another legal download, i paid for around the 80% of the featured bands, I also have added downloaded music from japanese artists so you can see how wide are my tastes.
I'm always broken, because I can't resist to have enough money to buy a disc, I buy it!!
----
15.09.2007 - 07:38
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Oh, I completely forgot about legal paid downloading...

I voted for the first option, I have a strong opinion about that since as others have said, you can use Album votes to show stuff you have heard but don't own as an original hardcopy. But now I think downloads you have paid for should also be included in that first group... but then comes the issue of illegal paid downloads... hmm... I'll stick with the first.

I also thought it was a bad decision to allow albums to be added that aren't featured on MS, since that would make obsessive people like me waste even more time, but I guess that's my problem

Overall though, it's a good addition to the site so I have to say - thanks Ivan!
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
15.09.2007 - 11:46
Opium
Account deleted
Only originals and only started building my collection a few weeks ago, when I could actually afford to do so, though I only buy albums I regard as masterpieces, to keep chaff from entering my collection and ultimately becoming a redundant object, gathering dust
15.09.2007 - 14:05
Damnated
Churchburner
I have original cds wich are on CD-R. What then?

and it is possible to download music for money. so i legally purchased the album, i just don't have it phisically. what then? and if these albums can be added, then what's the difference between a legally and an illegally downloaded album, from this point of view?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
15.09.2007 - 15:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Damnated on 15.09.2007 at 14:05

They are orignals so add them I would say
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.09.2007 - 17:01
Deadsoulman
Elite

A lot of bands distribute their demos on cd-r's, but they're still real and legal albums, so add them.

and it is possible to download music for money. so i legally purchased the album, i just don't have it phisically. what then? and if these albums can be added, then what's the difference between a legally and an illegally downloaded album, from this point of view?

The difference is that you paid the artist to get the album, so it is the equivalent of a purchased album.
15.09.2007 - 21:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
OKay I've decided to tick everything I OWN on original cassette, vinyl, cd, dvd, and the rest I have on cop[ied or downloaded format I add to my wishlist, because all that stuff I want to have as original sometime anyway.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.09.2007 - 22:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.09.2007 at 21:47

OKay I've decided to tick everything I OWN on original cassette, vinyl, cd, dvd, and the rest I have on cop[ied or downloaded format I add to my wishlist, because all that stuff I want to have as original sometime anyway.

Your list probobly are hugest in this site
----

apos;'
[image]
17.09.2007 - 19:54
Stigmatized
Is there a way to remove something from your collection. I added a couple I don't have on accident.
17.09.2007 - 20:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Stigmatized on 17.09.2007 at 19:54

Is there a way to remove something from your collection. I added a couple I don't have on accident.

Yes you shood push that green smaal think # and then you will see
----

apos;'
[image]