Metal Storm logo
Sigh

31.05.2006 - 22:47
Detric
King Of Twilight
I was surprised there werent any thread(s) about this fantastic band from Japan. Sigh did the same as Ulver did. They started out as a black metal band, and were actually on Euronymous' DSR (Deathlike Silence Records). Im listening to their debut album Scorn Defeat right now, and its one of the best black/avantgarde progressive records ive ever heard in my entire life, just unbelieveable! When they released their 2nd album Infidel Art, it still had some black metal influences, but it was far more progressive and innovative, and from Hail Horror Hail and up, they released some amazing records! I dont even know what genre they are, but maybe some jazz/progressive/electronical/psychedelic shit! Just fucking crazy, but still great!

I rarely like bands that change their style totally, but Sigh and Ulver are the only two exeptions. Pick up Scenario IV: Dread Dreams, Imaginary Sonicscape or even their latest album, Gallows Gallery and you wont believe that music like this existed. So I would like to know if any of you guys are into Sigh as well? And whats your favourite album? By the way, they signed with The End Records some months ago which is pretty cool, they fit perfectly on that record label!
31.05.2006 - 23:21
ylside
staff
I heard only two releases from them : Gallows Gallery and Infidel Art. I especially like GG's psychedelism, something completely crazy, those cheesy clean vocals fits the athmosphere perfectly!! Great band.
01.06.2006 - 00:24
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
Gallows Gallery is a really cool album but it gives me a headache
01.06.2006 - 13:53
Detric
King Of Twilight
Ive actually never heard of Funeral Elegy, guess ill have to check em out, thanks. There are some really good bands from Japan, if your into the drone scene check out Boris, fantastic band.
02.06.2006 - 12:12
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Im still waiting to get my hands on the Gallows Gallery. I guess ill have to be patient....
03.06.2006 - 00:42
AntaeusM
Elite
Sigh is amazing. My favourite album would be "Imaginary Sonicscape" because it is just very wacky. So is Gallows Gallery, but it is one step further away from the black metal sound, so I didn't like that one that much. It is enjoyable, but I prefer their black metal with heavy avantgarde sound
04.06.2006 - 00:01
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
I love everything that Sigh have ever done, from the blackest of the black to their heavy-avant gardeism. Don't think I could pick my fave but it's not 'Imaginary Sonicscape'. It's a superb album but a tiny bit overrated in my humble op. If I had to choose ity would probably be between 'Hail Horror Hail' and 'Gallows Gallery'. Their super raw stuff is great though, it has so much more personality than other similar acts.

A class act through and through and worthy of their legendary status. Can't wait for their next full length :]

I second/third Boris too, I've only just started exploring them but... wow.
04.06.2006 - 07:28
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Written by Guest on 02.06.2006 at 02:42

I love Boris, how can you NOT love Boris?

If you like noise..theres like an infinite amoutn of good Japanese noise

pff, honestly I'll drink to that! (that sentence made my hour)

I listened to Sigh a loong time ago, I was most impressed by the vocals at first, but I never got the chance to get any albums, can anyone link me to some samples or something?
^^'
I don't really like downloading songs unless they're samples
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
04.06.2006 - 10:16
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
You can stream a song off The Gallows Gallery here http://www.myspace.com/sighjapan. It also has a preview song called the Hangamn's Hymn..... new material?
05.06.2006 - 11:09
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
The Boris song Farewell is awesome (off the southern lord site). Heck, maybe we should make a Boris thread.... we are discussing them more than Sigh
28.07.2006 - 16:55
Nima
Account deleted
I love Sigh! I have only have imaginary sonicscape and I also recently baught Scorn defeat which I havn't got much time to listen to yet, but it sounds great. Sigh is just pure genious. Mirai is an excelent synth-player.
02.10.2006 - 12:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
i had 2 songs of them and I like them, but i shood check some CD to remeber what songs on song thay sing ''deram for life dream for death'' sor something I know if I get full CD I gonna like them, I think its one of best Japanish BM band mayge Sabbat are better, but I think I like more this, seems Japana are inspirated from bad ass metal bands from all world
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.10.2006 - 17:41
Basso
Account deleted
Scorn Defeat and Hail Horror Hail is awesome albums. I have to check out even more of theese guys
13.10.2006 - 13:53
Vidrageon
Account deleted
Such a crazy band, I love them so much, such great music :>
25.11.2006 - 04:01
Basso
Account deleted
The more I listen to Hail Horror Hail the more obsessed by this band I get, I really really neeeeed to get more of their material.
27.11.2006 - 14:10
FOOCK Nam
I heard many compliment of Sigh from my- country -metalheads. The remarkable point of them, I get that is they recorded at Euronymous label, and they links to Cut Throat, a Japanese band I too heard compliments from a dude of extreme metal into.
05.02.2007 - 21:56
Detric
King Of Twilight
18.02.2007 - 13:19
Basso
Account deleted
On their official myspace you can listen to a whole song and a sample compilation from the new album.

http://www.myspace.com/sighjapan

The new song is fuckin amazing. Back to the roots!!! Chaotic, yet epic and incredibly catchy. I love sigh.
19.02.2007 - 18:35
VPeter
Sigh is good stuff. I really like the keyboard parts in their music,. unfortunaly their albums are hard to find.
19.02.2007 - 19:14
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yes I agre with Tír na nog, they are very interesting band with great atmosphere created by very various keys but they are very hard to find, I wanted to buy some Cd but it was impossible to find, after that I decided to download this band and it was complete miss, I couldn't find even mp3s of this band.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
18.06.2007 - 02:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm loving the new album right now. So far, I'd say it's the album of the year. It's extremely symphonic and reminds me of Anorexia Nervosa, but with way more variation and grooves. The choir is a nice addition as well fucking sick.
18.06.2007 - 05:58
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Dangerboner on 18.06.2007 at 02:28

I'm loving the new album right now. So far, I'd say it's the album of the year. It's extremely symphonic and reminds me of Anorexia Nervosa, but with way more variation and grooves.

omg you are killing me here. Now I must, must try the new album. If it is really like Anorexia Nervosa then I am so going to love the new album. Did they also drop the weird vocals and went back to their black metal vocals? I hate it I cannot download from here
18.06.2007 - 06:53
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by AntaeusM on 18.06.2007 at 05:58

Written by Dangerboner on 18.06.2007 at 02:28

I'm loving the new album right now. So far, I'd say it's the album of the year. It's extremely symphonic and reminds me of Anorexia Nervosa, but with way more variation and grooves.

omg you are killing me here. Now I must, must try the new album. If it is really like Anorexia Nervosa then I am so going to love the new album. Did they also drop the weird vocals and went back to their black metal vocals? I hate it I cannot download from here

You can stream the whole new album here. The black metal-style screams are back, and sound much better than what they did on the previous album.
18.06.2007 - 07:55
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Like every time they never disappoint their fans, great new album

All hail this tokyo BM legends !!!!
01.09.2007 - 01:33
W-Lash
Metal Master
Not bad stuff....At least "Imaginary Sonicscape" is interesting.
And Sunset Song from it makes me laugh...:)
22.01.2008 - 07:56
Fuath
awesome band
anyone want any albums
i can upload them for you
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

25.01.2008 - 17:09
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
The re-release of Gallow's Gallery is rather unnecessary now I have it, it really doesn't sound much different from the original and the bonus songs are pretty nothingy. Still an amazing album in its own right.
17.02.2008 - 20:14
Vunts
Just to get this band up on the front pages, I'll say that Hangman's Hymn is very close to being my 3rd favourite album ever after Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle Earth and Yyrkoon - Occult Medicine. The amount of emotion, intimidation and variety in this album puts absolutely every other black metal band to shame, because before this album, I had never heard music that actually frightened me a bit (isn't that one of goals of black metal?). Hangman's Hymn changed that and that is reason enough to give it otherworldly praise. Most of the uber grim kvlt Norwegian black metal bands seem like clowns when pitted against Sigh.
18.02.2008 - 12:05
Fuath
Written by Vunts on 17.02.2008 at 20:14

Just to get this band up on the front pages, I'll say that Hangman's Hymn is very close to being my 3rd favourite album ever after Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle Earth and Yyrkoon - Occult Medicine. The amount of emotion, intimidation and variety in this album puts absolutely every other black metal band to shame, because before this album, I had never heard music that actually frightened me a bit (isn't that one of goals of black metal?). Hangman's Hymn changed that and that is reason enough to give it otherworldly praise. Most of the uber grim kvlt Norwegian black metal bands seem like clowns when pitted against Sigh.

gotta love the creepy clown laughs in "inked in blood" :
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

18.02.2008 - 14:03
Vunts
:? Was that a counter statement to the fact that Immortal looks like a bunch of clowns and couldn't pull off a disturbing atmosphere if their life depended on it?