02. Icons Of Evil
03. Scorned
04. Born To Rape The World
05. Hammer Down The Nails
06. Intro II - Let The Killing Begin
07. Dechristianized
08. Infidel
09. Devoured Elysium

If there is a Death Metal band which clearly deserves a lot more of recognition in reason of its top-notch musical quality, I think that Vital Remains is at the top of the list. I'm not saying that the band is unknown and I'm not saying that all their songs and albums are perfect but when I have a look at its line-up and when you know how good is a guys like Dave Suzuki, I really think that the band should be a bit more famous. After a controversial last album, the Metal Mind team has recorded the live performance at the last Metal Mania in Poland and the DVD is out now. If you like Vital Remains and Death Metal, I can tell you that it's a must.

Vital Remains was good this night! After a little introduction (which presents the different members of the combo), the first song, "Icons Of Evil", begins and it's already easy to understand that we will pass a good moment while we will be watching this concert. Even if it's Damien Boynton who was the singer (and not Glen Benton) the show was really good with a Vital Remains at the top of its form. The songs are all really well played and personally I really like the mix of aggressive Death Metal with amazing hyper melodic soli. Dave Suzuki is a great guitarist and this video confirms it! Talking about the video, as always Metal Mind did a great work with a lot of different angles a really good sound and really the quality of the DVD is perfect (musically like technically speaking). I only regret by the way (but I understand it because it was recorded during a festival?) that the band only plays nine songs for a length of only 54 minutes, but well it's ok in reason of the general quality of the DVD.

We don't have a lot of bonuses but at least we have good things. First you'll be able to watch a cool "bootleg" recorded live in Poland (also) and which features six songs that the band didn't play live since a lot of time. Even if it's a bootleg and even if it's not recorded with real professional means, the sound is really good and the images are more than correct. All in all you have two concerts on one DVD! Also, the interview of Tony and Dave is really good with deep and intelligent questions. You'll learn a lot of things and you'll be also able to learn how to play some soli (through a tutorial!). The production of the DVD is great, the bonuses are nice, do you need anything else? I don't think so?

"Evil - Death - Live" is a must for the fans of the American combo. The performance of Vital Remains was really good and as always the Metal Mind Team did a great job on this DVD. Believe me, we're lucky to have a label which is able to release such kind of DVD so don't wait anymore if you like Death Metal buy as soon as possible this nice product!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 7
Production: 9

Written by Jeff | 18.09.2007

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 27 users
18.09.2007 - 20:12
Infurnace

Nice review! I haven't seen the DVD yet, but i'm really wanting to buy it soon. It sounds pretty good, although the length of the DVD is only 54 minutes. It's the quality that matters after all.
18.09.2007 - 20:18
Baz Anderson

I thought it was weird how they recorded this without their full line-up, of all people the frontman missing
I saw a sample of this quite a while ago and it sounded really really great - but I won't buy it after they decided to leave us all hanging at Wacken. it would have been good to look back and remember their show by
19.09.2007 - 17:04
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
Vital Remains sucks.

----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets

Hits total: 8169 | This month: 7