Metal Storm logo
Dethklok - Tour Line Up Revealed

Dethklok, the virtual death metal band from the cartoon television show Metalocalypse are supporting And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead on a US tour of college campuses this fall, in promotion of the television programming network Adult Swim.

In his latest newsletter, former Zappa guitarist Mike Keneally announces the following:

" (...) and a thing which I can now officially reveal -- that myself, Bryan Beller and drummer Gene Hoglan (also of Strapping Young Lad) will be joining mastermind Brendon Small on the road as the real live Dethklok of Metalocalypse fame -- yep, we are bringing the metal from the TV screen to the stage. Beautiful madness. This is happening late October into November -- don't have an itinerary yet, but stay tuned. My voice can also be heard on several upcoming episodes of Season 2 of Metalocalypse, which airs Sunday night on the Cartoon Network -- don't know when the episodes I'm on are airing so you'll have to watch them all. (...)"

To read the full newsletter, visit this website.

Bassist Bryan Beller confirmed the news in the meantime with the following statement:

"BREAKING NEWS: Bryan Beller to tour with Brendon Small, Mike Keneally and Gene Hoglan as the real-life version of Dethklok, the stars of the animated Cartoon Network "Adult Swim" program Metalocalypse. Click here to read available details, and stay tuned for a Beller blog about how this will all play out. Who's Dethklok, you ask? Do a Google search and start from there..."

Source: keneally.com
Posted: 24.09.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 54 users
24.09.2007 - 18:08
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
AMAZING! I will definitely make time to see them live. Amazing music!
25.09.2007 - 00:20
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
haha, this is hilarious. i dont know whether or not id pay money to see that though.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
25.09.2007 - 07:07
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
am going to be gettin all up in that shit
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
25.09.2007 - 10:43
MUSIC?
Account deleted
It's a bit odd that they're touring with And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead. Is there some connection I'm missing?
25.09.2007 - 11:09
Locke
Account deleted
MS needs a Dethklok page. I don't care if they're cartoons, the Dethalbum was freaking awesome. It's a loooong shot but I hope they come to play at UAF.
25.09.2007 - 12:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 25.09.2007 at 11:09

MS needs a Dethklok page. I don't care if they're cartoons, the Dethalbum was freaking awesome. It's a loooong shot but I hope they come to play at UAF.

The album is immensely boooooooooooooooooooooooooooring though the cartoon is good.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.09.2007 - 20:30
Promonex
Cathemeral
The album is awesome, just like the cartoon! And Marcel, if you attempt to bash them with a review, be sure that I will be making use of the opportunity to make their profile official

@Dr.Rock: the dates are for free

@MUSIC?: Adult Swim plans two such promotional tours, one focusing on hip hop, the other on rock and metal. I don't really understand why it had to be ...Trail of Dead either, but just consider Dethklok to be on a mission to proselytize people to metal - wouldn't make much sense to tour with a metal band then, would it?
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
25.09.2007 - 20:57
matos

hey! this has to be a joke, but it's not april first today
----
25.09.2007 - 21:19
Bas
Retired Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.09.2007 at 12:51

Written by Guest on 25.09.2007 at 11:09

The album is immensely boooooooooooooooooooooooooooring though the cartoon is good.

disagreed, i think both are good

and in accordance to what promo said, if you write a negative review, i'll write a positive guestreview too!
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
27.09.2007 - 03:16
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Promonex on 25.09.2007 at 20:30

@Dr.Rock: the dates are for free

Oh, well thats good. I dont think it matters anyways because I doubt it will stop anywhere convieniently close to me (I wouldnt go out of my way to see it.)

I overheard some jock/preppy types talking about the show at school today, I really dont know why theyd like it considering they probably dont understand half of the jokes.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
27.09.2007 - 10:27
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Omg.. How are they going to do it? Like Gorilaz and then have the real musicians out back, or are those musicians mentioned in the article actually standing on stage.. Coz if thats the case, then it isn't really Dethklok, just a bunch of people playing Dethklok music...
----
THRASH!!!
27.09.2007 - 15:31
Promonex
Cathemeral
"The logistics are being worked on as we speak, but it looks like it's gonna be a real killer, multi-media show." - Gene Hoglan in June

So I don't really know how it's gonna be like, but it definitely won't just be the band playing Dethklok songs. And unless at least half of the crowd dies, it ain't a real Dethklok show anyway
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26

Hits total: 22645 | This month: 7