Metal Storm logo
Hail Of Bullets

26.09.2007 - 08:37
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Well, here it is. A dutch band that just fully released there promo, produced by Dan Swano. I can't stop listening to these 4 songs and can't wait until they get signed and release a full album.

Anyways, as previously stated they just released there promo of 4 songs, and instead of trying to charge us all good hard cash they were nice enough to put it on there myspace for downloading along with the album artwork and the disc label. I felt like I was back in kindergarden again while cutting and glueing the liner notes together. Good times. Anyways, what do you people think of Hail Of Bullets? I think they have alot of promise.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.09.2007 - 08:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Doc G. on 26.09.2007 at 08:37

Well, here it is. A dutch band that just fully released there promo, produced by Dan Swano. I can't stop listening to these 4 songs and can't wait until they get signed and release a full album.

Anyways, as previously stated they just released there promo of 4 songs, and instead of trying to charge us all good hard cash they were nice enough to put it on there myspace for downloading along with the album artwork and the disc label. I felt like I was back in kindergarden again while cutting and glueing the liner notes together. Good times. Anyways, what do you people think of Hail Of Bullets? I think they have alot of promise.

Well what do YOU think I think about HoB ?

Unfortunately couldn't obtain a promo copy to review for Metal Storm.So I'll have to make due with the downloads and cutting and gluing until they score a record deal and their debut is released.
But damn, those songs slay and groove like proper old schol death metal should. And wow those grunts by Martin van Drunen are once again fucking brilliant and how grunts should be; decipherable yet heavy and coarse as fuck.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.09.2007 - 08:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Oh yeah, I guess you know it is a project made up of respected Dutch death metal musicians such as Paul Baayens, Martin van Drunen, Theo van Eekelen, Stephan Gebedi, and Ed Warby?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.09.2007 - 08:57
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.09.2007 at 08:44

Oh yeah, I guess you know it is a project made up of respected Dutch death metal musicians such as Paul Baayens, Martin van Drunen, Theo van Eekelen, Stephan Gebedi, and Ed Warby?

Yeah I found that out afterwards, unfortunately I havn't checked out there other bands yet, which I will do as soon as I quit being lazy. And what do I think of HoB? There f*cking heavy and brutal, but not just senseless noise either, like you said they have a great groove in there riffs. And I know it doesnt matter as much but I really like the lyrical content aswell, the whole WWII themed stuff. all around great.
----
- George Carlin
26.09.2007 - 09:09
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
If the following doesn't stun anyone then nothing will:

Martin van Drunen - Vocals Pestilence, Bunkur, Submission, Bolt Thrower, Comecon, Death by Dawn, Mortuary I.O.D., Asphyx

Paul Baayens - Guitars Thanatos, Cremation, Aspyx

Stephan Gebedi - Guitars Thanatos, Legion (Hol), Second Hell

Theo van Eekelen - Bass Houwitser, Judgement Day

Ed Warby - Drums Demiurg (Swe), Ayreon, Star One, Impact, Aggressor (Hol), Tempter, Valkyrie, Elegy, Orphanage (Session, 1994), Thanatos (Guest), Lana Lane, After Forever
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.09.2007 - 09:26
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
yeah I knew I recognized Ed Warbys name from somewhere, it was that dreadful Ayreon album, good to see he does good work aswell. And Ive definitly hard Bolt Thrower and Death By Dawn before. so I guess I have heard some of the members other works.
----
- George Carlin
26.09.2007 - 09:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Doc G. on 26.09.2007 at 09:26

yeah I knew I recognized Ed Warbys name from somewhere, it was that dreadful Ayreon album, good to see he does good work aswell. And Ive definitly hard Bolt Thrower and Death By Dawn before. so I guess I have heard some of the members other works.

Van Drunen unfortunately never recorded with Bolt Thrower, but be sure to check out the first TWO Asphyx albums and first two Pestilence albums ofr his vocals on that.

Warby is a brilliant drummer yet unfortunately lent himself for that dreadful Ayreon project.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.09.2007 - 09:37
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.09.2007 at 09:31

Written by Doc G. on 26.09.2007 at 09:26

Van Drunen unfortunately never recorded with Bolt Thrower, but be sure to check out the first TWO Asphyx albums and first two Pestilence albums ofr his vocals on that.

Warby is a brilliant drummer yet unfortunately lent himself for that dreadful Ayreon project.

Yeah I'll definitly check those out. Ive definitly heard the name Pestilence thrown about now and then, never really thought about it much though, guess I have a reason to check them out now. And yes Warby is great, I especially like his intro on 'Red Wolves Of Stalin'
----
- George Carlin
26.02.2008 - 21:31
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Man, this fucking owns. I remember when they were first releasing the songs one by one, and now have been listening to them a bit over the last few days, and I've got to add my opinion, along with Dr. Rock and Ozman, this is great. I love the old school feel, and these guys definitely know how to do it right. Not much else to say except check them out. The four song demo is indeed on their myspace (thankfully) and we all get a chance to get crushed under their weight of the new songs. What can I say? Fucking killer.
----
The force will be with you, always.
27.02.2008 - 11:52
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
A video for Ed Warby recording the drums for HOB's debut album (in Excess studios Rotterdam Holland, February 2008) was posted online at this location. Enjoy.
19.03.2008 - 02:26
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder

Argh! The battle begins the 19th of May! I know what I'm going to buy myself for my birthday.
----
19.03.2008 - 07:47
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Cool cover!hope its not too hard to get a hold of (as in, I hope I don't have to order it).
----
- George Carlin
19.03.2008 - 10:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Doc G. on 19.03.2008 at 07:47

Cool cover!hope its not too hard to get a hold of (as in, I hope I don't have to order it).

Should be bloody easy to get hold off since Metal Blade will be releasing it.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.03.2008 - 20:23
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.03.2008 at 10:25

Yeah thats what I figured, should mean it'll be a lower price too.
----
- George Carlin
19.03.2008 - 20:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Doc G. on 19.03.2008 at 20:23

Why a lower price? Just you normal Metal Blade price I would guess.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.03.2008 - 20:33
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.03.2008 at 20:27

Yeah, well, some albums in the CD store I notice are like $25.99-$29.99 (most of the time), those are the slightly rarer ones. But then theres the new releases that the record company/CD promotes the shit out of, with a big yellow sticker on it that says $14.99. The 2 record companies Ive noticed do this quite a bit are Metal Blade, and Roadrunner. Perhaps this is just NA that this occurs.
----
- George Carlin
19.03.2008 - 22:22
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Doc G. on 19.03.2008 at 20:33

Yeah, well, some albums in the CD store I notice are like $25.99-$29.99 (most of the time), those are the slightly rarer ones. But then theres the new releases that the record company/CD promotes the shit out of, with a big yellow sticker on it that says $14.99. The 2 record companies Ive noticed do this quite a bit are Metal Blade, and Roadrunner. Perhaps this is just NA that this occurs.

Damn, the 15 us is cheap. With the current US-Euro rate cheap normal full-price cds will cost you about $22.50 in stores here.
I'd better start ordering directly from the US/Canada again it seems. Even with postage and packing it will be cheaper (when I buy a couple) then getting them from the store here.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.03.2008 - 23:14
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.03.2008 at 22:22

Written by Doc G. on 19.03.2008 at 20:33

Damn, the 15 us is cheap. With the current US-Euro rate cheap normal full-price cds will cost you about $22.50 in stores here.
I'd better start ordering directly from the US/Canada again it seems. Even with postage and packing it will be cheaper (when I buy a couple) then getting them from the store here.

Depends what your ordering as well, like Megadeth albums (the remasters) are generally like $15.99 or so, my Anthrax discs cost me around $10 a pop, Danzig $12.99, but then bands like Ensiferum, Belphegor, Finntroll, Necrophagist, Opeth etc are all usually around $25. I have a feeling this HoB album will have that pleasant yellow sticker on it.

In other words, if your ordering anything the least bit obscure its going to be between 25-30 dollars.
----
- George Carlin
28.03.2008 - 11:02
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
----
28.03.2008 - 13:06
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Clintagräm on 28.03.2008 at 11:02

http://www.emp-online.com/bin/shop.php?prog=shop&mid=771&article=435019&funktion=PRODUCTINFO&bildrub=search

Any idea if this is legit? If so I'm going to place my order ASAP.

WHy do you ask if it is legti? EMP is respected mailorder/label and Of Frost And War isn't available yet (as it says)

And the MCD was (apparently still is, although I thought it was old out but I could be wrong of course) sold exclusively through EMP read review about it here: http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/showreview.php?id=10672&lang=en
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.03.2008 - 19:27
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.03.2008 at 13:06

Written by Clintagräm on 28.03.2008 at 11:02

http://www.emp-online.com/bin/shop.php?prog=shop&mid=771&article=435019&funktion=PRODUCTINFO&bildrub=search

Any idea if this is legit? If so I'm going to place my order ASAP.

WHy do you ask if it is legti? EMP is respected mailorder/label and Of Frost And War isn't available yet (as it says)

And the MCD was (apparently still is, although I thought it was old out but I could be wrong of course) sold exclusively through EMP read review about it here: http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/showreview.php?id=10672&lang=en

Alright thanks.
----
07.04.2008 - 19:25
diSEMBOWELMENT
Account deleted
can't wait for the full-lenght and to see them live at the party.san open air, ordered the vinyl release of their demo yesterday, bwwwhaarg!!!!
08.05.2008 - 22:05
Damnated
Churchburner
new album is pretty good, but i'm somewhat disappointed. the music is definitely addictive and fun, but it lacks in terms of originality. still, an album like this is good even if it's not that original.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
08.05.2008 - 22:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Damnated on 08.05.2008 at 22:05

... but it lacks in terms of originality. still, an album like this is good even if it's not that original.

What did you expect with the line-up featured here? I didn't expect anything original at all, just well-executed old school death metal that swings like a full udder.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.05.2008 - 22:20
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.05.2008 at 22:10

... but it lacks in terms of originality. still, an album like this is good even if it's not that original.

What did you expect with the line-up featured here? I didn't expect anything original at all, just well-executed old school death metal that swings like a full udder.

i dunno what i've expected. all i know is that i've been listening to the album for the past 4 hours now
anyways, this super-group turned out great. hopefully they'll engage in a european tour now. a tour that will include romania too.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
08.05.2008 - 22:32
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Damnated on 08.05.2008 at 22:20

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.05.2008 at 22:10

i dunno what i've expected. all i know is that i've been listening to the album for the past 4 hours now
anyways, this super-group turned out great. hopefully they'll engage in a european tour now. a tour that will include romania too.

Although I like Of Frost And War I prefer the 2007 Promo cause the production is more bass heavy on that one. but that is my only gripe about the full-length though.
As for a European Tour, I am not sure, I don't think so actually. There first ever gig will be on June 6th this year in Arnhem (trying to get a ticket cause I don't want to miss that) and then they will play a couple of festivals. Of course all the members also still have their usual bands to play and tour with as well. Warby being the busiest of them all with Gorefest, and Demiurg. Van Drunen tplayng frequently with the resurrect Asphyx and Baayens & Gebedi playing with Thanatos.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.05.2008 - 23:19
Damnated
Churchburner
yeah, this is the negative side of a group with members like these, everyone has a main, more important project.
damn, i need to see Asphyx live.
----

09.05.2008 - 01:06
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Gave it a first listen last night, I liked it, will be sure to spin it a few more times to get a good impression.

Written by Doc G. on 19.03.2008 at 23:14

Depends what your ordering as well, like Megadeth albums (the remasters) are generally like $15.99 or so, my Anthrax discs cost me around $10 a pop, Danzig $12.99, but then bands like Ensiferum, Belphegor, Finntroll, Necrophagist, Opeth etc are all usually around $25. I have a feeling this HoB album will have that pleasant yellow sticker on it.

In other words, if your ordering anything the least bit obscure its going to be between 25-30 dollars.

The best thing the labels have done in, well, forever, is reduce the costs of old discs.

The first few Death, Exodus, and Darkthrone albums all seem to run around $10-12 a pop, whereas the new albums run $15.99 or so unless on sale.

I go in to the store with around a $20 budget each week, and it's you'll sell a lot more cd's at the $12 mark... it's easy to convince myself to go $5 over at $12/each... not so much if two discs are gonna cost me $35.

But that's a subject for a different topic.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
09.05.2008 - 09:52
Jason W.
Razorbliss
staff
Just listened through the CD for the first time - great stuff I really like the guitar work on tracks like "Insanity Commands".
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
09.05.2008 - 13:15
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
Yes I listened to it too (the whole album on the band's MySpace page).
I like it a lot. Great stuff and well-executed Old School Death metal.