Metal Storm logo
Eluveitie

Original post

Posted by baldur, 26.09.2007 - 14:46
Eluveitie, a very unique folk band with gothenburg influences from Switzerland that knows how to make good music. till now they only got one studio album called spirit , but the second album slania will follow this december, which i am longing for.

their first album for me is a masterpiece with tracks like Of Fire, Wind & Wisdom; Uis Elveti and Your Gaulish War to which i can listen to all the time.

so what you think of this band? do you even know them?
18.02.2012 - 19:26
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Listened to "Thousandfold" and didn't really like it...

Mind you I'm not much of a folk fan.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
18.02.2012 - 21:16
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by tea[m]ster on 18.02.2012 at 19:14

Ok, I know absolutely nothing about this band. If I were to listen to ONE album by them which one would it be? Anyone? Anyone?

Their debut album Spirit. That one is still unmatched.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
19.02.2012 - 04:21
chronic-headache

Are there first 2 albums (Ven and Spirit) even available anymore? I can't seem to find them anywhere.
09.03.2012 - 15:49
dsk1984

They are, but Spirit seems harder to find. It took me a few weeks to find when I was looking to buy it. I still have yet to buy Ven as I'm not sure if it's worth it or not.
09.03.2012 - 18:06
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Boxcar Willy on 18.02.2012 at 19:26

Listened to "Thousandfold" and didn't really like it...

Listen Spirit and your love for Eluveitie will grow, may be.
11.03.2012 - 02:34
cb_kinetic

Recently listened to their latest album 'Helvetios' - after many listens to try and get into the album (thought it may have just been a genre progression thing) I couldn't get into it.
As mentioned previously in the thread, die-hard fans will probably enjoy it and would have already listened to it by now anyway.

I guess its a little disappointing, but you could notice a slide (imo) when they released 'Everything Remains as it Never Was'

+ 1 for Spirit - and Evocation though
Both fun and easy albums to listen to...