Metal Storm logo
Eluveitie

Original post

Posted by baldur, 26.09.2007 - 14:46
Eluveitie, a very unique folk band with gothenburg influences from Switzerland that knows how to make good music. till now they only got one studio album called spirit , but the second album slania will follow this december, which i am longing for.

their first album for me is a masterpiece with tracks like Of Fire, Wind & Wisdom; Uis Elveti and Your Gaulish War to which i can listen to all the time.

so what you think of this band? do you even know them?
24.07.2009 - 09:57
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I have to say i really dont like Eluveitie's music...there were periods i like it and found it great, but now i am pretty sure, i dont...therefore i think this band is awfully overrated comparing to many other folk metal bands, which are nearly as good or better, but not so well known as "godly" Eluveitie is...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

11.09.2009 - 09:17
RyanH

Calling The Rain!
The Cauldron of Renascene!

Eluveitie OWNS, end of story
06.01.2010 - 23:22
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
For those interested in, the third trailer for Everything Remains (As It Never Was), the new album from Eluveitie, can be viewed at this location (trailers 1 and 2 are still available here and here, repectively).
12.01.2010 - 12:38
Janne
Hugin
Am I the only 1 who thinks the new song (Thousandfold) is the best song they've ever made?
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
12.01.2010 - 16:24
Promonex
Cathemeral
I've only listened to it once, but it sounds pretty good indeed. And I enjoyed Chrigel's interaction with the camera. If he performs that enthusiastically live, he could make up for the loss of the twins.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
12.01.2010 - 16:35
Warman
Erotic Stains
I haven't heard enough yet to have an opinion about this band. But they seem kinda interesting, so I'm eager to hear more.
----
12.01.2010 - 20:42
MetalSpider

Written by Janne on 12.01.2010 at 12:38

Am I the only 1 who thinks the new song (Thousandfold) is the best song they've ever made?

Yes

IMO it's not their best song but it's pretty good. I'm definitely interested in the rest of the album!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
12.01.2010 - 23:09
Janne
Hugin
Written by MetalSpider on 12.01.2010 at 20:42

Yes

IMO it's not their best song but it's pretty good. I'm definitely interested in the rest of the album!

maybe it's because this song is fresh and new but atm I enjoy it more than any of the others (uis elveti, inis mona.. etc.)
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
12.01.2010 - 23:14
MetalSpider

Well to be fair I've only listened to it twice...i'll have to give it a few more listens.
----

13.01.2010 - 22:25
Janne
Hugin
Written by MetalSpider on 12.01.2010 at 23:14

Well to be fair I've only listened to it twice...i'll have to give it a few more listens.

I listen to it every other days since it's online
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
17.01.2010 - 23:15
mr. IRON

Most probably yes. It's pretty mediocre, completely nothing new and sounds just like an Eluveitie song. This fact thon the other hand is positive as I know Eluveitie of catchy melodies or the like and 'Thousandfold' is no exception. I believe the forthcoming album won't be bad by any means but I'm not as sure will it be too good either. If 'Thousandfold' was one of the better songs on the album, I really don't believe there'll be anything very fresh on 'Everything Remains as it Never Was' though it's surely going to be great for the fans of Eluveitie metal.
18.01.2010 - 01:00
Ernis
狼獾
I enjoy the ethnic side of theirs, the antique languages and the metal support they give it (although the metal side is not at all necessary) which means that hearing them sing generic English language gothenburg/death metal with just some hurdy-gurdy on the background is not a grand pleasure and is, to be honest, rather mediocre... but some certain songs of theirs such as "Dessumis Luge", "Siraxta", "Britcom" etc are wonderful... and yes...for me, better than "Thousandfold"...
19.01.2010 - 04:04
MetalSpider

Listening to it a few more times...I think it's nothing really special. It's not bad but it's definitely nothing new.
----

12.02.2010 - 00:00
Janne
Hugin
I still haven't lost the amazement I felt after the first listening
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
12.02.2010 - 06:22
MetalSpider

I like Thousandfold a little more than I first did but still find it to be nothing special.

Kingdom Come Undone on the other hand is just pure awesome!
----

13.02.2010 - 03:35
Janne
Hugin
Listening to the entire album on myspace atm. the intro is awesome
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
15.02.2010 - 05:12
Fhuesc

I found their new album, to be pretty enjoyable, even when it's almost identical to their previous works.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
15.02.2010 - 23:26
MetalSpider

Yeah its nothing really new, but its very well done. I really enjoyed it!
----

04.03.2010 - 20:37
Janne
Hugin
Lugdunon is not an avarage eluveitie song btw
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
13.03.2010 - 06:36
Fhuesc

After a several listens i think this is Eluveitie's best work, the only problem is the great similarity with their previous albums. To me it improves in every aspect, it's like the Zelda: Twilight Princess of music.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
09.07.2010 - 18:45
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
In hellfest festival i think it was the only band's concert with Wall of death between the fans!!
we had greeat timee ! ....ELUVEITIE!
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
11.07.2010 - 22:08
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Yeah, their new album isn't quite as good as Slania, but it's pretty good. 'Quoth The Raven' is a fucking epic song!
02.10.2010 - 08:57
ArtKiz

Their music, imo, sounds a bit like Lunasa with Gothenburg Sound. I like their music but their new album (Everything Remains as it Never Was) just sounds too repetitive. Nonetheless, they're a great band. They're the one that got me into Folk Metal for a while.

Inis Mona and Slania's Song are my fave songs.
26.10.2010 - 01:46
Malevolent-Jim

I wish I could like them more than I do.I enjoyed "Slania" and "Spirit" but by the time their last album came out I grew bored of their male vocalists awful awful grunts and growls so I stopped listening to them.
13.11.2010 - 02:45
tirim4

I like every single one of their albums but i hope their next album will have more of Annas singing and folk influenses. Not that I dislike the growling and heavier music in Everything Remains but I'd like to see a more experimental metal album with more folk, yet not as cheesy as other folk metal bands tend to get. From what Ive heard Eluveitie will do a metal album no to far from now and after that continue with Evocation II. Two albums Im really exited about!
03.12.2010 - 08:20
tweetbombardier

Man, I got their Slania album and I like it, but for whatever reason, I can't really get into it. There just seems to be something missing... I want to check out some of their other albums to see if I can fully connect with this band...
07.12.2010 - 20:09
Kennoth

Omnos is a catchy song. I also liked Thousandfold and Inis Mona.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
11.01.2012 - 14:48
The Turbanator

I won't even bother about their new album then. The die hard fans might like it though.

----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
07.02.2012 - 21:23
Apatheria

New track/video released today.

I'm not entirely sold on it, but I do like the fast violin. Their recent material, going back to their previous couple of full lengths, has been lacking a bit to me. Granted, I'm not expecting another release as stellar as Spirit, but to me their quality has been declining a bit.

Still, I can at least hope this record will be a return to fine form.
----
Heavy metal is the law.
18.02.2012 - 19:14
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Ok, I know absolutely nothing about this band. If I were to listen to ONE album by them which one would it be? Anyone? Anyone?
----
rekt