Metal Storm logo
Favourite punk band

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 27.09.2007 - 03:50
alright,welcome to my punk thread.first of all,people need to make more punk threads.

anyway,i need to know your favourite punk bands and why.And i dont want to hear stories of the lame AFI kids or the fall out boy kids.

My favourite band is tough,but right now it has to be bad religion.They've been a band for around 25 years,and still writing rad music.I love their music,and especially their deep lyrics,which are associated with social issues,religion,and politics.they seemed to get better when they reunited in 2002 to make "the process of beleif".And their new album is very good as well.Well punkers,now its your turn.
29.03.2016 - 06:47
CassieZhang
Bad Brains is my favourite punk band.

14.01.2017 - 22:53
Fiendfyre
I'm into my older punk mainly, the highlights of which include X-Ray Spex, Discharge, Sex Pistols and Crass to name a few.
15.01.2017 - 03:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Now I can say anti nowhere league
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.12.2017 - 00:41
Galvenstaid
I can't pick one, Dead Kennedys and Bad Religion are tied for #1 for me. But even then, there are a lot that come close.
some of these include Black Flag, Sex Pistols, Minor Threat and Pennywise.
20.12.2017 - 12:25
Become Death
The Misfits are my favorite punk band and favorite anything band. I love metal, but The Misfits are just the ultimate for me. I have a crimson ghost tattoo on my upper left arm. I consider The Ramones, The Sex Pistols, and The Misfits a sort of holy trinity of punk; The Ramones invented it, The Sex Pistols popularized it, and The Misfits perfected it. I also like Black Flag, Bad Brains, Minor Threat, G.B.H., Discharge, and plenty of others that don't immediately spring to mind.
----
Fear is the path to the darkside. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. Once you start down the path to the darkside, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.
01.06.2018 - 19:23
VIG
Account deleted
My personal favorite hardcore/punk band is a tie between Dead Kennedys and Bad Brains.
EDIT: Nah, it's Bad Brains.
09.06.2018 - 08:38
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
In retrospect, my "first" is still my fave. as Lemmy once sang, R.A.M.O.N.E.S.... RAMONES!
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
11.06.2018 - 13:52
Metren
Dreadrealm
Hearing and falling in love with The Sex Pistols first ruined all other punk bands for me, unfortunately. I listened to Nevermind The Bollocks religiously for years and tried to get into The Clash, Ramones, Bad Brains, Dead Kennedys etc. but nothing by those bands ever did what Pistols did for me. All great bands, but Pistols reign supreme.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
06.01.2019 - 03:52
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Crass.

Easily the band I'm enjoying the most recently, regardless of style. Their lyrics are still largely relevant today and musically they aren't as simplistic as a lot of 80s punk. Fantastic band, and they really managed to keep the punk sound into the 80s unlike a lot of the UK classics.
----
07.01.2019 - 18:40
Starvynth
i c deaf people
staff
It's been a while, but when I'm in the mood of hearing some decent punk it'll be a potpourri of...

Hass - established 1978, they're the grandfathers of the german punk scene. I just love their album Allesfresser and in particular the dismal, post-apocalyptic track "Nur ein Traum" (Just A Dream).

Leftöver Crack from NYC, successor of the infamous (some people even called them satanic) ska/hardcore/punk-outfit Choking Victim. For a punk band, LöC carry some strong death metal/black metal vibes, so nowadays I wonder they are not featured here. My most favorite track is "Soon We'll Be Dead" from the album Fuck World Trade.

Propagandhi from Winnipeg, Canada. The compilation Where Quantity Is Job #1 should be your first choice to get into them. It's hard to recommend something specific as most of the included songs are very catchy and highly addictive, but "Haillie does Hebron", "Firestorm, My Ass", "Refusing To Be A Man" and "Less Talk, More Rock" stand out. They also covered Venom's "Stand Up and Be Counted" but it sucks just like Venom does.
----
signatures = SPAM
16.01.2019 - 16:30
VIG
Account deleted
Written by Starvynth on 07.01.2019 at 18:40

Leftöver Crack from NYC, successor of the infamous (some people even called them satanic) ska/hardcore/punk-outfit Choking Victim. For a punk band, LöC carry some strong death metal/black metal vibes, so nowadays I wonder they are not featured here. My most favorite track is "Soon We'll Be Dead" from the album Fuck World Trade.

Love LöC, but I don't hear much metal vibes myself.
16.01.2019 - 20:37
Starvynth
i c deaf people
staff
Written by Guest on 16.01.2019 at 16:30

Written by Starvynth on 07.01.2019 at 18:40

Leftöver Crack [...]

Love LöC, but I don't hear much metal vibes myself.

Sure, their understanding of metal is sometimes just a tongue-in-cheek approach (like those 20 last seconds of 'Atheist Anthem'), but I think there's quite a lot of metal in the doomy 'Burning in Water' and in songs like 'With the Sickness' and 'Operation: M.O.V.E.' - just to name a few.
----
signatures = SPAM
19.01.2019 - 17:00
nikarg
staff
Written by Metren on 11.06.2018 at 13:52

Hearing and falling in love with The Sex Pistols first ruined all other punk bands for me, unfortunately. I listened to Nevermind The Bollocks religiously for years and tried to get into The Clash, Ramones, Bad Brains, Dead Kennedys etc. but nothing by those bands ever did what Pistols did for me. All great bands, but Pistols reign supreme.

Same with me. I remember having a cassette of Never Mind The Bollocks as a kid and playing it non-stop. I love the Ramones as well and Discharge are great too but no one beats the Pistols for me. The way Johnny Rotten sings the chorus of "Pretty Vacant" in order to make Vacant sound like two words (va and cunt) is priceless.
24.02.2021 - 21:59
nikarg
staff
The thread is called "Favourite punk band". The off-topic posts have been deleted.
24.02.2021 - 22:05
JoHn Doe
Written by nikarg on 24.02.2021 at 21:59

The thread is called "Favourite punk band". The off-topic posts have been deleted.

check also the "current sate of rock' thread. BE went over the hill there, too. Sorry to be a tattletale
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
29.07.2021 - 12:38
Brutal Water
My favorite punk band are the Ramones, followed very, very closely by the Misfits. The Ramones got me into (punk) rock and after a couple of years I moved on to metal. I wouldn't be here on this forum today if it wasn't for the Ramones. I was in deep shock when Joey Ramone died. Later that year we also lost Chuck Schuldiner. The godfather of punk and the godfather of DM in the same year, that just fucking sucked.

The Misfits were one of those bands that I didn't like at first, but they grew on me fast. Quite addictive, fun music. When Metallica released Garage Days Inc and talked about how Cliff Burton would put himself in charge of every car's cassette player, just to force them to listen to the Misfits until they started liking them as well, I just had to laugh.

As for my number 3, it has to go to the Dead Kennedys. It took me several years to get around to listening to them and back then I wasn't fluent enough in English to "get" all of their lyrics. But the more I understood, the more I appreciate their satirical approach. Good times...

Btw, I noticed that MS lists several non-metal bands that are associated with metal in one way or another, so I'm a bit surprised that the Ramones of all things are missing. Punk or not, they influenced a lot of garage bands. Hell, even U2 paid tribute to them. I never would have thought to hear Bono sing "Beat on the brat with a baseball bat".
----
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.