Metal Storm logo
Favourite punk band

27.09.2007 - 03:50
Shellshock14
Account deleted
alright,welcome to my punk thread.first of all,people need to make more punk threads.

anyway,i need to know your favourite punk bands and why.And i dont want to hear stories of the lame AFI kids or the fall out boy kids.

My favourite band is tough,but right now it has to be bad religion.They've been a band for around 25 years,and still writing rad music.I love their music,and especially their deep lyrics,which are associated with social issues,religion,and politics.they seemed to get better when they reunited in 2002 to make "the process of beleif".And their new album is very good as well.Well punkers,now its your turn.
27.09.2007 - 07:10
MetalFang
Account deleted
The Ramones all the way! Great band, too tough to die.
27.09.2007 - 08:02
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
The Black Halos for me. (and no they didnt take there name from the Kamelot album, they were around before it). Id been listening to them since I was 11 or 12 (back when I was really into punk.
There from Canada and almost have a glam rock sound to them (very vague but its there). They had a hit a few years ago called 'Some Things Never Fall'. I dont know what else to say about them, there great.
Songs to check out:
Three Sheets To The WInd
Some Things Never Fall
Bombs Not Food
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
27.09.2007 - 08:15
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
hmmm this was hard for me. If we're talking about pure punk, I'd go with old (late 70's/early 80's) The Misfits or maybe older Pennywise, just because they were one of the first punk bands I heard. If hardcore counts, then Minor Threat might be my favorite. I like their aggression and respect their themes. But then again, Bad Brains keeps on reinventing themselves while still putting up good material, and Agnostic Front is fierce, so it's hard to me to decide. In the end though, I got to go with Minor Threat.
27.09.2007 - 10:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Realy hard to tell because IOm noty into punk but I enjouy more 70ties punk like Sex Pistols, Undertones, New York Dolls, The Damned, The Clash, Buzzcocks and Exploidet
But moustly I like Sex Pisstols and band who sing a song about new Rose GnR make a cover
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.09.2007 - 10:57
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
if someone then The Offspring...i really loved them before i started with metal

and other quite good bands i know are Blink182 (and similar - e.g. Anonymous from this year Eurovision), slovakian Horký?e Slí?e and czech E!E
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

27.09.2007 - 11:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 27.09.2007 at 10:57

if someone then The Offspring...i really loved them before i started with metal

I agree but only early albums, thay was/are great but i prefere more 70ties punk,
----

apos;'
[image]
27.09.2007 - 12:26
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i mean especially Americana, this is their album i loved the best
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

27.09.2007 - 18:10
Warman
Erotic Stains
Swedish Ebba Grön for me. I've always liked Joakim Thåström's voice and they have a lot of catchy songs.
----
28.09.2007 - 02:33
Monster_616
Account deleted
Old Misfits
I'll be seeing them in concert in Toronto on the 25'th. Can't wait<3
28.09.2007 - 06:52
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
@Chris Amber
Yeah I love The Offspring too, I think if I just discovered them now I wouldnt like them, but everytime I listen to them I get a huge flood of childhood memories that almost make me wanna cry. (as unmetal and cheesey as that sounds), especially 'The Kids Arent Alright', that song almost describes the street I grew up on as a kid perfectly.

@Monster_616

Misfits
+Michael Graves
-Glenn Danzig
Shit
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
29.09.2007 - 00:01
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
honestly, i'm not sure. growing up in the 80's, the Dead Kennedys had the biggest impact on me, but over the last 10 years my favorite punk band would have to be The Vandals. They aren't as hard or edgy as they used to be - but I've always loved their sense of humor, the fact they put out albums frequently and tour even more frequently.

From older punk, I also really like FEAR, Circle Jerks, Bad Religion, Black Flag, GBH, The Exploited, The Misfits, and Minor Threat. Suicidal Tendencies comes to mind as well, but they had only the original album that both qualifies as punk and as one I really like. I like a couple of their late 80's releases, but they were mostly thrash metal by that time.

From the newer stuff, Dropkick Murphys, NOFX... then again even these bands are old now.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
30.09.2007 - 08:02
CollisionInMind
Account deleted
I absolutely love Angel City Outcasts, but really, they're hardly punk. It's more like upbeat riff-heavy rock with a southern tinge and a punk attitude.

For more "real" punk, I guess, I really like the crust band World Burns to Death. I saw Fenriz from Darkthrone recommend them in an interview, so I checked them out. Very aggressive, but in my opinion they manage to be kind of catchy in a nasty crusty sort of way.
01.10.2007 - 10:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like greek punk band but dunno name
Here its song sorry for video, its salf maded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deJrFYg5UGs
----

apos;'
[image]
01.10.2007 - 18:50
Ellie
Account deleted
Circle Jerks for me. I like them because they were one of the first punk bands I ever got into when I was like 10 years old..so they have been with me for a while! Hmm I dono what else..I think most punk is pretty similar to each other but CJ stand out a bit more to me.
12.10.2007 - 11:57
Øyvind
Grave Digger
The Offspring, maybe some Green Day and Blink 182, Sex Pistols, The Exploited and some other stuff. Band Ritam Nereda from Serbia is Oi!, I don't know whether it could be classified unther this thread.
----
12.10.2007 - 19:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Øyvind on 12.10.2007 at 11:57

The Offspring, maybe some Green Day and Blink 182, Sex Pistols, The Exploited and some other stuff. Band Ritam Nereda from Serbia is Oi!, I don't know whether it could be classified unther this thread.

You know greeks Bootstroke?
----

apos;'
[image]
13.10.2007 - 16:19
Øyvind
Grave Digger
Written by Bad English on 12.10.2007 at 19:11

No, only Greek band I know of is Mutiny, and they're not punk, they are a bit like Nightwish.
----
13.10.2007 - 16:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Øyvind on 13.10.2007 at 16:19

Written by Bad English on 12.10.2007 at 19:11

No, only Greek band I know of is Mutiny, and they're not punk, they are a bit like Nightwish.

Look @ my profile there are thay and if you wanna I can post vidoe about em, but thay are original 21
----

apos;'
[image]
13.10.2007 - 16:39
Øyvind
Grave Digger
Ok, I'll take a look... Someday... Not much time these days.
----
13.10.2007 - 18:58
The Misfits. I prefer the Danzig years, but I'll listen to any Misfits song.
----
oderint dum metuant
17.10.2007 - 20:41
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I'm a big fan of the founding fathers of punk: The Velvet Underground, The Stooges, The New York Dolls...but then I'm also a fan of the punk revival scene...bands like Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, The Offspring (older)...there are a lot of post-punk and punk revival bands that I like but just can't remember their names...
17.10.2007 - 22:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 17.10.2007 at 20:41

I'm a big fan of the founding fathers of punk: The Velvet Underground, The Stooges, The New York Dolls...but then I'm also a fan of the punk revival scene...bands like Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, The Offspring (older)...there are a lot of post-punk and punk revival bands that I like but just can't remember their names...

I know NYD but seems those what you mention are US punk band sim mor einto Europian hehe in days when skins and punks was frieds
----

apos;'
[image]
17.10.2007 - 22:32
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted

you mention are US punk band sim mor einto Europian hehe in days when skins and punks was frieds

Yeah...your point being...
19.10.2007 - 00:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 17.10.2007 at 22:32

you mention are US punk band sim mor einto Europian hehe in days when skins and punks was frieds

I want say that ppl who listen US punk are not into Europiean, and those who likes europieian dont like us so much
----

apos;'
[image]
19.10.2007 - 02:19
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 19.10.2007 at 00:51

Written by Guest on 17.10.2007 at 22:32

I want say that ppl who listen US punk are not into Europiean, and those who likes europieian dont like us so much

Totally untrue...through the punk movement of the early 70s, punk bands and managers were constantly going back and forth from Europe to America and were constantly making deals...the last thought I didn't understand...
19.10.2007 - 04:41
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I dont' know much about punk, but I would say Bad Religion and The Offspring are my favs... Bad religion being a traditional band, as far as I know, and The Offspring is kinda funny and uplifting...
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
19.10.2007 - 11:40
Øyvind
Grave Digger
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 19.10.2007 at 04:41

I dont' know much about punk, but I would say Bad Religion and The Offspring are my favs... Bad religion being a traditional band, as far as I know, and The Offspring is kinda funny and uplifting...

True about The Offspring, like "Shiny happy people", always getting your mood up
----
04.11.2007 - 14:59
The Norseman
I love Punk music, not as much as I love Metal but still, I listen to a lot of Punk sometimes. Depends on the mood I'm on.

My favorite bands: Misfits, Horror Story, Nekromantix, Bad Religion, Mad Caddies, Ramones, Donots, Offspring, Green Day, NOFX, Lagwagon, Millencolin, Gogol Bordello, Voodoo Glow Skulls, Michale Graves, Lunachicks, Pennywise, etc.
06.11.2007 - 09:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Anybody knows Lars Fredriksen and The Bastards?
----

apos;'
[image]