Metal Storm logo
Favourite punk band

Original post

Posted by , 27.09.2007 - 03:50
alright,welcome to my punk thread.first of all,people need to make more punk threads.

anyway,i need to know your favourite punk bands and why.And i dont want to hear stories of the lame AFI kids or the fall out boy kids.

My favourite band is tough,but right now it has to be bad religion.They've been a band for around 25 years,and still writing rad music.I love their music,and especially their deep lyrics,which are associated with social issues,religion,and politics.they seemed to get better when they reunited in 2002 to make "the process of beleif".And their new album is very good as well.Well punkers,now its your turn.
02.11.2011 - 19:58
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Greenday!
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
02.11.2011 - 21:20
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
People still refer to Green Day as punk?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.11.2011 - 04:45
ß
Problem?
Apparently they do.. pop-punk I suppose?
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
03.11.2011 - 05:17
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by ß on 03.11.2011 at 04:45

Pop punk indeed, which is vastly different. And I'm not even a punk purist. I just hate people referring to all the radio pop punk released by bands like Green Day as punk.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.11.2011 - 10:15
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Heh, sorry I just had to do that
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
04.11.2011 - 20:00
spirit_inblack
harshhead
These days I'm listening to as much punk as metal (including screamo, post-hardcore, emo-violence and all that stuff). Personally, my favorites are Discharge, Amebix, G.I.S.M., Infest, His Hero Is Gone, Tragedy, Alpinist, and Confuse.

My favorite punk album would have to be Madame Germen's "Invocacion á Morte" because it sounds so fucking huge and crushing compared to most other crust and punk in general. It has a great sense of melody, the production is far better than their previous albums, and the whole thing sounds so chaotic like it could all fall apart at any moment, but somehow the band keeps it coherent.
05.11.2011 - 03:49
second_coming89
Account deleted
Old AFI was nice! (before "Sing The Sorrow")

but my favourite punk band are probably The Casualties It sucks that you can't udnerstand most of what the dude's singing though.
08.11.2011 - 16:24
fightwithsteel
Account deleted
I'm going to say that my favorite is Cock Sparrer, an English Oi! band. It's really a brilliant combination of rock and roll and street punk with awesome, meaningful lyrics. Those guys were amazing. You should definitely check them out.
09.11.2011 - 01:51
Kitty

Wolfbrigade/Wolfpack, Suicidal Tendencies, Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat, Mad Sins, Misfits/Samhain (and generally I'm a huge Danzig fan ) and some more. Nice to see people around here aren't completely anti-punk. In the place where I come from mostly there's that hatred between metalheads and punks.
----
...And I meowmeowmeow!
09.11.2011 - 03:47
second_coming89
Account deleted
I'm checking out The Unseen right now. The Casualties are still better, but The Unseen are great too.....they should get more serious with the lyrical content though.

Metalheads and Punks shouldn't hate each other though, the mindset is mostly identical......unless you're like an NSBM fan, then obviously that wouldn't be so.
But both are against the church and right-wing politics.
11.11.2011 - 05:24
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Troy Killjoy on 03.11.2011 at 05:17

Written by ß on 03.11.2011 at 04:45

Pop punk indeed, which is vastly different. And I'm not even a punk purist. I just hate people referring to all the radio pop punk released by bands like Green Day as punk.

It's odd, I was thinking about this the other day. People constantly refer to old Green Day as punk, while bashing their new stuff (think Green Day as the punk equivalent of Metallica in this aspect), while I replay old Green Day stuff, I realize that they've always been poppy and accessible, even in their early days. The only difference is they didn't take themselves as seriously with stupid concept album/rock opera bullshit.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
11.11.2011 - 08:33
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Doc G. on 11.11.2011 at 05:24
People constantly refer to old Green Day as punk

I love those people. They feel good about being viewed as punk elitists but they're only fooling themselves.

I'm not saying Green Day is a shit band, they do pop punk justice. But they are by all means a pop punk band.
----
11.11.2011 - 08:34
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Troy Killjoy on 11.11.2011 at 08:33

Written by Doc G. on 11.11.2011 at 05:24
People constantly refer to old Green Day as punk

I love those people. They feel good about being viewed as punk elitists but they're only fooling themselves.

I'm not saying Green Day is a shit band, they do pop punk justice. But they are by all means a pop punk band.

Always have been.

*brofist*
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
07.03.2013 - 14:03
Góral
Combo Breaker
Polish punk/hardcore "Armia" - my definite favorite. Words can't describe it, you need to hear and see it (recording from 93, baddish quality but I like it the most):

07.03.2013 - 15:12
Paz

Written by Góral on 07.03.2013 at 14:03

...ancient times when decent music was played on public television.
07.03.2013 - 16:47
Góral
Combo Breaker
Written by Paz on 07.03.2013 at 15:12

...ancient times when decent music was played on public television.

Yes, this is a part that was shown on TVP in "Rock Noc" - TV show to watch every friday night. Lots of good music. Punk on public television - it seems unreal today.
07.03.2013 - 18:07
R Lewis

Sum 41. Expecially the days of "Does This Look Infected?" and "Chuck". And also Green Day, until "21st Century Breakdown". The last three are pure shit.
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
17.06.2013 - 11:04
The Turbanator

Propagandhi

Sex Pistols
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
22.07.2013 - 05:45
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Been listening to a lot of the Gorilla Biscuits lately, old school hardcore. They only had two or three albums I think, gnarly stuff.
22.07.2013 - 06:32
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
POWER-FUCKING-VIOLENCE

Bands like Spazz, Infest, Charles Bronson, ACxDC.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
24.07.2013 - 15:15
Lady GaGa
Account deleted
Misfits, Ramones, The Clash
25.07.2013 - 13:42
The Demonblade
Account deleted
The Misfits, the Ramones, the Dead Kennedys and the Sex Pistols, of course.
31.07.2013 - 05:39
DyingWorld

Can't decide on a band but this is the greatest punk album ever:
29.09.2013 - 16:42
moe5512

Rancid, Twopointeight, The Descendents, Dropkick Murhpys, Propagandhi, Sick of it All, Sista Sekunden
30.09.2013 - 04:51
Guib
Thrash Talker
My favorites would be

Discharge
Dayglo Abortions
Dr. Know
Crass
Sham 69
Germs
Sex Pistols
Minor Threat

... And anyways.. Who gives a damn ?
Punk is dead...
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
30.09.2013 - 23:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This is Oi

Booze n Glory - Only fools get Cought
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HtoYVkbQks
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.10.2013 - 10:16
no one
Account deleted
Chocking victim/leftovercrack,
Adolescents
the Misfits (danzig era)
Gorilla biscuits
Minor threat
GG allin
the Damned
Gang green
01.10.2013 - 10:32
no one
Account deleted
01.10.2013 - 18:52
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
First concert I ever went to, I was 15 in 1987:

Ragamuffins
Nickel 98
Circle Jerks

I actually stage dove...at least 3 times...was fun as hell.
----
rekt
01.10.2013 - 20:34
no one
Account deleted
Written by tea[m]ster on 01.10.2013 at 18:52

First concert I ever went to, I was 15 in 1987:

Ragamuffins
Nickel 98
Circle Jerks

I actually stage dived...at least 3 times...was fun as hell.

oh yeah how could i have forgot circle jerks