Metal Storm logo
Favourite punk band

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 27.09.2007 - 03:50
alright,welcome to my punk thread.first of all,people need to make more punk threads.

anyway,i need to know your favourite punk bands and why.And i dont want to hear stories of the lame AFI kids or the fall out boy kids.

My favourite band is tough,but right now it has to be bad religion.They've been a band for around 25 years,and still writing rad music.I love their music,and especially their deep lyrics,which are associated with social issues,religion,and politics.they seemed to get better when they reunited in 2002 to make "the process of beleif".And their new album is very good as well.Well punkers,now its your turn.
27.11.2013 - 17:08
Crass for me have always been my favourite punk band. Followed fairly closely by the Dead Kennedys. Despite being a fairly big fan of most punk (from Crass to The Offspring - argue amongst yourselves over sub genres if you fancy), I have never really seen the appeal of the Sex Pistols. About 4 good songs and a load of filler.
28.11.2013 - 05:37
no one
Account deleted
Written by Ancient Dreams on 27.11.2013 at 17:08

I have never really seen the appeal of the Sex Pistols. About 4 good songs and a load of filler.

Agree, i think it was just fad for years because they were the pioneers and what not, the punks i know don't even like them, the only people i know who like them are into more mainstream music
28.11.2013 - 06:23
Lit.
Account deleted

Crass for me have always been my favourite punk band. Followed fairly closely by the Dead Kennedys. Despite being a fairly big fan of most punk (from Crass to The Offspring - argue amongst yourselves over sub genres if you fancy), I have never really seen the appeal of the Sex Pistols. About 4 good songs and a load of filler.

EMI? Problems? Submission? Bodies?

Each of those songs are way better than the overrated as all hell Anarchy In The UK (which is obviously one of the four songs you're referring to along with God Save The Queen, Holiday In The Sun and Pretty Vacant).

And I will gladly take Never Mind The Bollocks over anything done by the Clash, The Offspring, The Ramones and the Misfits. You wanna talk about overrated punk, those guys are the ones to go to.
28.11.2013 - 06:33
no one
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 28.11.2013 at 06:23

Each of those songs are way better than the overrated as all hell Anarchy In The UK (which is obviously one of the four songs you're referring to along with God Save The Queen, Holiday In The Sun and Pretty Vacant).

And I will gladly take Never Mind The Bollocks over anything done by the Clash, The Offspring, The Ramones and the Misfits. You wanna talk about overrated punk, those guys are the ones to go to.

Misfits are amazing, ill let you get away with the other three .
28.11.2013 - 06:39
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 28.11.2013 at 06:33

Whats the offspring got to do it Misfits are amazing, ill let you get away with the other two even though though.

The Offsprings (whom you just mentioned) are no better than Green Day to me, and the Misfits are just as bad. Danzig's solo work is easily better in comparison.
28.11.2013 - 07:06
no one
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 28.11.2013 at 06:39

Written by Guest on 28.11.2013 at 06:33

Whats the offspring got to do it Misfits are amazing, ill let you get away with the other two even though though.

The Offsprings (whom you just mentioned) are no better than Green Day to me

i agree with you there....well there not quite as bad with there first stuff, but the rest
28.11.2013 - 16:46
Written by Guest on 28.11.2013 at 06:23

I appreciate you attempting to guess my favourite Sex Pistols songs and then telling me I'm wrong. Nor did I ever say they (or anyone) were over-rated. I just said I didn't like them.
28.11.2013 - 20:38
no one
Account deleted
Written by Ancient Dreams on 28.11.2013 at 16:46

I appreciate you attempting to guess my favourite Sex Pistols songs and then telling me I'm wrong. Nor did I ever say they (or anyone) were over-rated. I just said I didn't like them.

28.11.2013 - 21:42
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
He's got ya there Lit.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
29.11.2013 - 08:36
Lit.
Account deleted
Considering they're the band's most popular songs and the ones known even by people who don't listen to punk, it was a natural assumption.

He should've at least been more specific on what songs he liked, and we likely wouldn't be having this discussion. I'm pretty sure most people have the decency to say what songs they don't actually like, rather than just let us assume what songs are bad and which ones are good.

It's gotta be some form of common courtesy somewhere.
23.12.2013 - 14:29
moe5512
When Punk was new and fresh Sex Pistols was cool and "in your face" bla bla, but I'd say that in the 80s, Punk bands had to have some talents (Not Dio or Jimmy Page talent) and being able to handle their own music and instruments.
Personally I prefer late 80s to present Punk. Maybe the music doens't sound as forced and "it has to be shitty" as the early punk rock bands
29.12.2013 - 00:46
mbcameron
I personally love the Sex Pistols. Maybe they are overrated but I still enjoy their music. Other than that Bad Religion, The Real McKenzies, Dropkick Murphys, the Briggs, and the Misfits' early stuff. Have any of you listened to Devin Townsend's Punky Bruster album? I actually quite liked the music and his mockery of the 90's "fake punk."
29.12.2013 - 22:57
@gent_-_orange
Not sure if they qualify as punk but does anyone feel Public Image ltd was superior the Pistols? they were always far more interesting to me.
19.01.2014 - 19:30
I don't really have a favorite punk band, but I listen a lot of Social Distortion, NOFX and Misfits.
24.01.2014 - 01:26
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by @gent_-_orange on 29.12.2013 at 22:57

Not sure if they qualify as punk but does anyone feel Public Image ltd was superior the Pistols? they were always far more interesting to me.

Yeah, I can agree with you there. Lydon did a lot of good shit with PiL.

I think technically they were a form of post-punk.
04.02.2014 - 09:39
wormdrink414
Elite
Right now it's these guys: https://play.spotify.com/album/0iLk2OQZ9rcK6kg8E49b3Q Fenriz made em band of the week a while back, been going back to their spotify religiously ever since I checked it out. Don't know anything about them other than they're Swedish and kick ass.
06.02.2014 - 01:20
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by wormdrink414 on 04.02.2014 at 09:39

Right now it's these guys: https://play.spotify.com/album/0iLk2OQZ9rcK6kg8E49b3Q Fenriz made em band of the week a while back, been going back to their spotify religiously ever since I checked it out. Don't know anything about them other than they're Swedish and kick ass.

Any link other than a spotify for us Canadians?
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
06.02.2014 - 01:46
wormdrink414
Elite
Written by Boxcar Willy on 06.02.2014 at 01:20

Any link other than a spotify for us Canadians?

All I could find is their myspace https://myspace.com/ettfolkettras. Went to Swedish google and everything.
06.02.2014 - 21:29
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Sick Of It All new album in 2014. Yee-haw everyone.

Its clobberin' time!!
21.04.2014 - 04:27
wormdrink414
Elite
Yeah, still digging on R.A.S hard. Remind me of Devo, but harder hitting.
27.05.2014 - 00:59
Dr.Overkill26
Black Flag and Discharge are my two favorites, both Fantastic bands. And yes I love the Misfits.
----
Do you need what I need? Boundaries overthrown Look inside to each his own
Do you trust what I trust? me myself and I Penetrate the smoke screen I see Through the selfish lie
02.06.2014 - 11:54
wormdrink414
Elite
Some more cool R.A.S -style Swede happy punk stuff: http://trubbel.bandcamp.com/
03.06.2014 - 00:06
raveneffect
I really like Anti-Flag, but I'm not really into punk and Dont have a single clue about the whats good or not.
03.06.2014 - 07:10
no one
Account deleted
Written by raveneffect on 03.06.2014 at 00:06

I really like Anti-Flag, but I'm not really into punk and Dont have a single clue about the whats good or not.

whats good is what you think is good.

"Off" is good
26.03.2015 - 20:25
Well, I love equally: Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, Sham 69, Cock Sparrer, Cockney Rejects, Vanilla Muffins, Crass, Bootstroke and Gang Green.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
20.05.2015 - 18:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
West Ham band ... ICF lads

----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.05.2015 - 18:45
Lethrokai
I'm a pretty big fan of anything with Falco at the helm.
Future of the Left has been getting a good amount of listens from me lately. A bit of a different spin on it all, which I like.

----
Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and look away.
12.06.2015 - 23:54
Ganondox
Probably Rise Against, but they don't really feel punk enough to me to feel right listing them as such (despite them obviously being punk on inspection, they've always felt metal to me), so after that either Bad Religion or The Dead Kennedies.
21.11.2015 - 09:41
RogerLin
Crass is my faverite punk band. and i like pop music.

19.01.2016 - 23:32
SilverScreen
When it comes to punk I'm mostly into early-80's American bands. Favourites include:
Black Flag
Bad Brains
Wipers
X
Husker Du
Germs
Minor Threat
----
Last FM