Metal Storm logo
Primordial - More Album Details

Official Metal Blade press release:

Primordial are one of those bands that are strong enough to go through hard times and live to tell about it. After years of instability in concern of labels, confirmed and then cancelled tours and even band members Primordial are finally able to concentrate on what really matters. The second album for Metal Blade Records "To The Nameless Dead" (the sixth effort in total) is a timeless statement and an ode to their forefathers which lives and breathes the ancient spirit mixed with anger, pain and despair.

"'To The Nameless Dead' is defiantly at odds with a modern metal scene that often seems to place banality, mediocrity and safety above passion, honesty and truth." - A. A. Nemtheanga

Harsher and faster than its predecessor, "To The Nameless Dead" wasn't recorded digitally - just analog to keep the sound old school and powerful.

The album will also be available as limited first edition in a digibook featuring an alternative design, 40 pages and a bonus DVD of Primordial's performance at the Rock Hard Festival!

Tracklist:

01. Empire Falls
02. Gallows Hymn
03. As Rome Burns
04. Failures Burden
05. Heathen Tribes
06. The Rising Tide
07. Traitors Gate
08. No Nation On This Earth

"To The Nameless Dead" will be unleashed on November 16th (D|A|CH|I) / November 19th (Europe) via Metal Blade Records.

The artwork for the jewel case edition can be viewed here

Source: metalblade.de
Band profile: Primordial
Posted: 28.09.2007 by RavenLord

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 9 users
28.09.2007 - 16:12
Kurzag
Account deleted
Can't wait, gonna get my hands on that!
29.09.2007 - 03:48
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Yeah I'm certainly looking forward to this. Primordial's last album hasn't let me down once since I first heard it. They've got a unique style of emotional delivery, and of course a great mix. Recording in analog is a nice touch, as I think it fits their style well (and I wish more bands would consider it).
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
29.09.2007 - 14:14
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Agree with dismaleuphony, unique style, great emotional band...
Can't wait for the new release!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
30.09.2007 - 20:17
RavenLord

I mentioned this in the comments, but as Blabbermouth is hardly the most reliable source, I feel I should point out the following;

-As it stands, the release date is 24/11/08, not the 19th
-The artwork has been changed slightly for the release, and the digibook (obviously) comes with expanded art (and the aforementioned 40-page booklet)
-The 'DVD' from Rock Hard festival is actually a CD (as far as I know). For those of you who frequent their MySpace, the live version of The Coffin Ships will be on it.

In other words.

Fuck. Yes.
----
02.10.2007 - 19:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Looking forvard to hera it BUT AS ROMA BURNS its barbaric tile we all know Roma never had fallen
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.10.2007 - 20:24
RavenLord

Written by Bad English on 02.10.2007 at 19:28

Looking forvard to hera it BUT AS ROMA BURNS its barbaric tile we all know Roma never had fallen

It's probably something to do with the story that, when Rome was burning in the 1st Century A.D., Nero played the fiddle while watching the conflagration. He later used the fires to scapegoat the Christians living in Rome, and had many of them slaughtered. More or less, he did nothing 'As Rome [burned]'

It probably has some anti-establishment message in the lyrics, or something to do with the abuse of power. It'll be interesting to see what they do, though, as Primordial's lyrics are always very interesting.
----
02.10.2007 - 20:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by RavenLord on 02.10.2007 at 20:24

Written by Bad English on 02.10.2007 at 19:28

It's probably something to do with the story that, when Rome was burning in the 1st Century A.D., Nero played the fiddle while watching the conflagration. He later used the fires to scapegoat the Christians living in Rome, and had many of them slaughtered. More or less, he did nothing 'As Rome [burned]'

It probably has some anti-establishment message in the lyrics, or something to do with the abuse of power. It'll be interesting to see what they do, though, as Primordial's lyrics are always very interesting.

In that case I agree but i thought thay means burn burn and then nothing, like Cartag was destroyed
primordial albums are great great stories of Europieian history its awsome
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 3416 | This month: 2