Metal Storm logo
The White Stripes

02.10.2007 - 04:37
Stigmatized
I'm sure most of you know who this band is. Also, chances are you either love them or hate them. I've really grown to enjoy The White Stripes lately. They write some very catchy, yet simple songs. I hear people say that their simplicity makes them suck, and that Meg White's drumming ruins the music. To me, that's their strength. They make music that's easy to listen to, to just have a good time.

They have 6 albums and several singles. All of which I enjoy. Your thoughts?
03.10.2007 - 19:42
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Yeah, a lot of people badmouth this band...it seems like the cool thing to do I don't know why...people are known to do this to what they don't understand...I find myself putting The White Stripes on when I have a party, or I'm drinking, or smoking pot or something...it's great background music too...
03.10.2007 - 23:14
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I enjoy the occasional MTV song they play. My Doorbell was pretty catchy, and of course their hit Seven Nation Army. (HA! Only three posts and it has already been mentioned).
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
05.10.2007 - 10:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I use to like them but somehow when i get more into metal I dont like band, but some songs, I use to had CD but I sold it
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.10.2007 - 14:27
Stigmatized
Written by Guest on 03.10.2007 at 19:42

Yeah, a lot of people badmouth this band...it seems like the cool thing to do I don't know why...people are known to do this to what they don't understand...I find myself putting The White Stripes on when I have a party, or I'm drinking, or smoking pot or something...it's great background music too...

Yeah, I don't understand the shit they get. I agree, good background and feel good music.
05.10.2007 - 19:58
Ellie
Account deleted
I love them. I have a couple albums and saw them live a couple years ago.
06.10.2007 - 15:44
Stigmatized
Written by Guest on 05.10.2007 at 19:58

Do they put on a good show?
06.10.2007 - 21:06
Ellie
Account deleted
Written by Stigmatized on 06.10.2007 at 15:44

Written by Guest on 05.10.2007 at 19:58

Do they put on a good show?

Ya they did. They didnt move around on stage as much as I would have like but they were so versatile. Wow..its been like 3 years since the show
06.10.2007 - 21:42
Stigmatized
Sounds good. I'd love to see them play.

Did anyone see the story where they played the shortest show ever? It was a one note show. Video here.
07.10.2007 - 12:23
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I love them. I only have "elephant" but I'm planning on getting more albums. I think they are a peculiar band and that keeps me interested Besides they are very bluesy-rock. I like their "let's rock and roll" attitude. And besides, the songs are good. They are very energetic as well.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
13.10.2007 - 19:10
[southern]metal

They're cool. Catchy songs and they are a simple as hell to play and sing.
----
oderint dum metuant
13.12.2007 - 18:56
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
i like some of their songs, but unfortunly i don't have any of their albums, only few songs, and some song i heard on tv but i msut say songs i heard kick ass
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
13.12.2007 - 19:15
Pole Kitten
Account deleted
I love the White Stripes. Part of the indie/rock crossover scene i think. I really like the way the songs are put together and have all the albums although the last one i haven't been liking so much.

I wanted to see them at the Leeds festival (Carling Weekend) in 2005 but they cancelled last minute . A shame as I'd like to have seen them play but there were rumours of a split going around at the point. I agree though, they're dead simple to play but you can neeeever get them to sound quite the same as they do! haha Artistic compatibility i guess.
02.01.2008 - 20:19
Tod_Engel

I like the White Stripes, though I'm not a fan of them really. They have an interesting attitude to their music, it reminds me the bands in 60's - early 70's, as mentioned bluesy rock. I haven't listened to all of their albums. The one I know the most is "Elephant", maybe their most famous (and best) one.
30.05.2008 - 00:44
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
this is another band i used to listen to before i got into metal...my dad has all the albums, i think jack white is an amazing musician, i like his other band as well the raconters (i think its spelt wrong lol) they were on jools holland live a few weeks ago, they were easily the best band that night
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
21.07.2010 - 07:09
whatsacow

This is a great band, especially in their pre-Elephant days. Cant stand seven nation army or hardest button to button to button coz ive heard them to death, but all their other stuff is great. Long live garage rock!!!!
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
15.11.2010 - 02:09
livemusic

Anyone heard of The Raconteurs and Brendan Benson.

He is the road right now - http://brendanbenson.com/live/
Check him out. Also heard that they are selling USB's of his recorded performance straight after the gig. Isn't that freakin cool!

See few of you at his LA gig at Club Nokia. !!
20.11.2010 - 11:18
livemusic

Any gig reviews anyone??
21.11.2010 - 13:53
JD
Account deleted
Unique band love some of their songs.
29.11.2010 - 10:45
livemusic

Austin gig anyone during Thanksgiving long weekend?
23.04.2011 - 15:39
therest

Written by Stigmatized on 05.10.2007 at 14:27

Written by Guest on 03.10.2007 at 19:42

Yeah, I don't understand the shit they get. I agree, good background and feel good music.

I second (or third?) that. I'm listening to them right now and thought i'd find a thread about them and say just that.
EDIT: Also on an unrelated note .. elephant man avatar .. cool.
----
"It's because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everybody does everything." - Homer Simpson

"Then hold to the fading colors
The grayest of life is yet to come"
- Întunecatul
02.03.2013 - 09:58
wormdrink414

I've thrown on Get Behind Me Satan at least 10 times this week. Had completely forgot I own it. Really great album. Like their older stuff more, but a little piano can go a long way.
30.06.2014 - 08:41
Ganondox

Not a huge fan, I find them sorta boring because how simple their songs are and I don't like the singing that much, but they've got some great riffs. My brother likes them a lot, he plays bass and Seven Nation Army is his favorite bassline.