07. Tannhuser
08. Liam [feat. Rea Garvey]
09. Rasend Herz
10. Singapur
11. Poc Vecem
12. Spielmann
+ In Extremo software player
+ Making of... [limited edition bonus]

Some people claim that In Extremo is a band that has lost the inspiration needed to write good music, and while this statement is not completely false, In Extremo keep releasing material on a constant basis.

This time the Germans got signed with mega company Universal Records, and you can tell that they received the proper financial support, the presentation of their eight Cd so far is completely astonishing, specially the Digipak version, I liked specially the band photos on the booklet.

Basically this new album, "Mein Rasend Herz" begins where "7" left, and I could say that there's no big changes or any progression here, so we could call this album "8".
In Extremo plays a very popular genre of Metal down in Germany, Mittelalter Metal or Medieval Metal, call it what you want, is basically Folk Metal with medieval instruments, and for all of you ignorant people, this is NOT Rammstein with bag pipes!

Ok, so no big progression in this album, but still this is good music, don't be fooled by all the negative comments, In Extremo might not be the thriving Folk force they used to be, but they got their style and no one can deny that, songs are catchy with a wide array of instruments for each one, vocals are catchy also (even though I don't understand squat of German).

Songs like "Raue See", "Poc Vecem", "Wessebronner Gebet" and "Fontaine La Jolie" will make the delights for the fans of the band and Folk Metal in general.
Some thing is certain here, this album has a lot of good songs, much better than their previous, almost every song in the album has its own charm.

So I got good news and bad news for everyone.
For the bad news, In Extremo still plays Folk Metal in the vein of their latest albums, no big progression or significant changes in their work.
For some good news, this is a much better album than their previous one, songs are catchier and the whole presentation is awesome.

If it's your first try with In Extremo, you might want to listen their older albums, but if you want a peek at the new In Extremo, this is the album for you. Totally recommended.

Written by Undercraft | 12.10.2005

Comments

Comments: 11   Visited by: 65 users
01.06.2006 - 20:10
Bulus

i love this album, especially Nur Ihr allein
01.06.2006 - 22:35
Rating: 8
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by Bulus on 01.06.2006 at 20:10

That's only because you don't understand German. "Nur ihr allein" has the worst InEx lyrics ever! "Raue See" and "Macht und Dummheit" are rather good songs though.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
02.06.2006 - 18:53
Bulus

Written by Promonex on 01.06.2006 at 22:35

Written by Bulus on 01.06.2006 at 20:10

That's only because you don't understand German. "Nur ihr allein" has the worst InEx lyrics ever! "Raue See" and "Macht und Dummheit" are rather good songs though.

You right, i don't understand German, i like how they get into the music. anyway can you translate the lyrics?
03.06.2006 - 12:04
Promonex
Cathemeral
Ihr, nur ihr allein
könnt ein Teil des Ganzen sein
Ihr könnt vor euren Plänen fliehen
und mit uns um die Häuser ziehen
Ihr, nur ihr allein
könnt ein Teil des Ganzen sein
Aus diesem Grund sind wir erschienen
Wir sind verehrt und angespien. (Verehrt und Angespien was the name of their 1999 album)

You, only you (plural you)
can be a part of the whole
you can escape from your plans
and pub-crawl with us (didn't know how to translate it better)
You, only you
can be a part of the whole
That's why we've appeared
We are admired and spat at

Believe me now? :
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
12.08.2006 - 16:40
Bulus

i believe you,
the lyrics not good,
thanks, :thanks:
04.10.2006 - 05:51
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well, I agree with most of the review, no big progressions, althouth I don't find it better, nor worse than "7" Tehy're in teh same level, muscally speaking, IMO. I still prefer "7", though.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
01.03.2007 - 20:14
Rating: 9
iaberis
Advice Troll
I can't find this album anywhere and if I do, it's fucking expensive...
----
Bitch! Please
01.03.2007 - 21:11
SirenOfTheStyx
Account deleted
Would someone please send me a song ?

I feel like buying this album, but only because I think the cover is beautiful, and because they're German... and I'm not sure these are good reasons ^^
01.03.2007 - 21:22
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by Guest on 01.03.2007 at 21:11

Would someone please send me a song ?

I feel like buying this album, but only because I think the cover is beautiful, and because they're German... and I'm not sure these are good reasons ^^

Yeah the cover art attracted me too! Their music is terrific!
----
Bitch! Please
18.04.2007 - 21:03
iaberis
Advice Troll
Wow!!!! I just got the album!!! It's a real masterpiece!!! Their best work by far!!! Excellent! Recommended !!!
----
Bitch! Please
28.06.2008 - 18:48
Hamird
Lieutenant
This album is the best album by In Extremo, I like so much. most of tracks are my favorite. In fact I started In Extremo with this album! and with the first track I became the fan, they are the most powerful band in this genre!

Hits total: 4825 | This month: 9