Metal Storm logo
Black Metal

08.10.2007 - 09:40
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Continuation of the (at times) great thread by Damnated.

Last thing mentioned was the LLN *sigh, again*, and SVEST.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
08.10.2007 - 15:10
Damnated
Churchburner
@Southern Wind you mentioned that you liked Glorior Belli.... what do you think about their new album? they're french and all..
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
08.10.2007 - 15:19
Lucas
Mr. Noise
and they're great.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
08.10.2007 - 16:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Damnated on 08.10.2007 at 15:10

@Southern Wind you mentioned that you liked Glorior Belli.... what do you think about their new album? they're french and all..

I think it's a great album reminding me lot of a more song focused Deathspell Omega. And unfortunately I missed Glorior Belli live last Saturday due to work obligations. They played with Corpus Christi and Nargaroth, and Nargaroth was extremely crap I heard with Kanwulf truly being an immense dickhead.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.10.2007 - 16:31
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I'd never even bother to see Nargaroth live. While I can appreciate their studio stuff at certain times, they absolutely do NOT seem to be a live band.
----

08.10.2007 - 16:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Lucas on 08.10.2007 at 16:31

I'd never even bother to see Nargaroth live. While I can appreciate their studio stuff at certain times, they absolutely do NOT seem to be a live band.

if you want to laugh about Kanwulf's antics go to www.metalfan.nl and then search for the concert in the festival & concerts thread
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.10.2007 - 19:22
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.10.2007 at 16:27

Written by Damnated on 08.10.2007 at 15:10

I think it's a great album reminding me lot of a more song focused Deathspell Omega. And unfortunately I missed Glorior Belli live last Saturday due to work obligations. They played with Corpus Christi and Nargaroth, and Nargaroth was extremely crap I heard with Kanwulf truly being an immense dickhead.

wow, that's a shame. Corpus Christii also released a very good album this year. that concert would have been killer.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
09.10.2007 - 14:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
How about Italian band Abhor? Thay are awsome melodic and great, there are atmosfere and feelinsg into music
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.10.2007 - 11:57
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
I liked Borknagar's Quintessence.. Thought that was really good. Immortal isn't that bad either.. Especially like the vocals.
----
THRASH!!!
10.10.2007 - 13:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by DrunkenFuck on 10.10.2007 at 11:57

I liked Borknagar's Quintessence.. Thought that was really good. Immortal isn't that bad either.. Especially like the vocals.

All early Norvegian BM bands are good whit some ideas to tell to us
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.10.2007 - 14:51
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Yeah, I enjoy Burzum as well. There's not so much Mayhem stuff that I like, but a couple of songs are quite good. I'm not really into black metal nearly as much as, say power or thrash, but as I said I do enjoy those bands mentioned above. Therefore I don't have that big of a knowledge of most of black metal bands.
----
THRASH!!!
10.10.2007 - 14:56
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Ash Pool - World Turns on It's Hinge

Get this album. Vinyl version just came out today funnily enough. Seriously the best album this year. Their demo is great too.

The new Mutii is pretty boring but much better than Rattenkonig.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
10.10.2007 - 23:12
Asphyxia
Account deleted
Written by -tom- on 10.10.2007 at 14:56

Ash Pool - World Turns on It's Hinge

Get this album. Vinyl version just came out today funnily enough. Seriously the best album this year. Their demo is great too.

The new Mutii is pretty boring but much better than Rattenkonig.

Where are they from?
11.10.2007 - 18:05
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 10.10.2007 at 23:12

Where are they from?

US
----

12.10.2007 - 15:13
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
^ yep, thanks.

Awesome band. Sometimes quite fast paced with great riffs. Sometimes slower and doomy. Vocals are really over the top most of the time kind of like Akitsa but a more rocking approach.

Sorhin - Apokalypsens Angel is also awesome. I have a spare copy I got for free in a bundle trade so if anyone wants to trade send a PM. It goes for up to 30 euros on ebay so get a good deal from me instead.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
12.10.2007 - 19:05
Damnated
Churchburner
checked out Ash Pool when their LP leaked; wasn't really impressed after the first spins, and i never bothered to pick it up again. have to do that in the near future, though.
----

12.10.2007 - 19:28
Lord TJ

So get this, my friend got introuble because his super christian mom found some black metal CD's and she looked at the lyrics, now he is grounded and his mom threw away his stuff, he dug it out though. So his mom called my mom because she knew me and him listened to black metal. So now my mom thinks im a Satanist because I listen to a little bit of black metal. Wow, just because it revolves around Satanism doesnt mean im a Satanist. Silly people...
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
12.10.2007 - 19:53
Damnated
Churchburner
you should paint baphomets on the walls with blood, just to piss her off
----

12.10.2007 - 20:57
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
You should try not living in America.
----

Read Watchmen.
12.10.2007 - 21:08
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Or not listening to Black Metal.

Well, I guess we've all heard the story a million times and I bet we have all suffered of it to some degree. But then we should all be smarter and discover this genre before or after teenage years.
----

12.10.2007 - 22:58
ASiema113

Written by Lord TJ on 12.10.2007 at 19:28

So get this, my friend got introuble because his super christian mom found some black metal CD's and she looked at the lyrics, now he is grounded and his mom threw away his stuff, he dug it out though. So his mom called my mom because she knew me and him listened to black metal. So now my mom thinks im a Satanist because I listen to a little bit of black metal. Wow, just because it revolves around Satanism doesnt mean im a Satanist. Silly people...

O I just love it when stuff out of the movies gets played out in real life like in Detroit Rock City when the Super-Christ mom threw away the kids KISS albums(to think back then that was considered the devil's music) but at least you only have to put up with her for another year

keep it black
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
12.10.2007 - 23:19
Asphyxia
Account deleted
Written by Lord TJ on 12.10.2007 at 19:28

My mom found my copy of 'Lords of Chaos', but I just told her it was a history of the music I listen to.
13.10.2007 - 00:00
rageing atheist
Account deleted
Weird thing that moms tend to dislike black metal. I remember that my mother asked me if I could learn some "nice songs" on guitar, so I could play them to her, I asked her is Life Eternal by Mayhem fine with her, but she didn't think so. Also when I put on some Negura Bunget for her she said that it wasn't very human friendly music. Ah well, I guess different hearts dance on different strings.
27.11.2007 - 18:41
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hey all Black Metal nerds, if you wanna know which Black Metal artist you are go to my profile and follow the link under the picture of Quorthon.
----
28.11.2007 - 07:09
Zombie, M.D.

Written by Guest on 13.10.2007 at 00:00

Weird thing that moms tend to dislike black metal.

There are exceptions. I remember listening to some old Carpathian Forest years ago and my mom stopped by my room and commented on how she liked it better than the usual ruckus emitting from my doorway. Granted it was one of their old moody songs (The Eclipse/The Raven, I think), but surprising all the same.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
28.11.2007 - 07:30
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
@warman, nice quiz, im Abbath, from Immortal yeh
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
28.11.2007 - 16:19
GT
Coffee!!
@Warman: yeah pretty funny quiz...I ended up as Fenriz.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
28.11.2007 - 22:15
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Im just starting to get into black metal, and i love immortal, so can anyone recommend me any black metal siilar to immortal, and in particular, A the heart of winter - sons of northern darkness era
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
28.11.2007 - 22:51
Damnated
Churchburner
check out Imperial Crystalline Entombment. They're a new band from the states, and they sound pretty much like Immortal at times. in a good way though.
----

01.12.2007 - 07:53
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 28.11.2007 at 22:15
Im just starting to get into black metal, and i love immortal, so can anyone recommend me any black metal siilar to immortal, and in particular, A the heart of winter - sons of northern darkness era
Some bands I liked on the old MS compilation were Necromantia, Temple of Baal, Belenos, Obtest and Thundra. Try finding their links on metal-archives.com with the "bands by letter" page. I would also recommend early Samael and the second link in my sig, find their MP3s page or just their Space

Written by Lucas on 08.10.2007 at 16:31
Nargaroth ... absolutely do NOT seem to be a live band
What makes you say this? Are they just assholes?
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays