Metal Storm logo
Black Metal

Original post

Posted by Lucas, 08.10.2007 - 09:40
Continuation of the (at times) great thread by Damnated.

Last thing mentioned was the LLN *sigh, again*, and SVEST.
11.07.2013 - 12:45
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 11.07.2013 at 07:26

Written by Boxcar Willy on 11.07.2013 at 02:49

Didn't David Beckham wear an Exodus shirt for the edgy value?

who cares

This comment was funny because I read your username right after.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
11.07.2013 - 17:20
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by X-Ray Rod on 11.07.2013 at 12:45

Written by Boxcar Willy on 11.07.2013 at 02:49

Didn't David Beckham wear an Exodus shirt for the edgy value?

who cares

Yes haha
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
12.07.2013 - 04:35
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by X-Ray Rod on 11.07.2013 at 12:45

who cares

I wonder if it was intentional or an accident. Either way, it's really funny.
----
12.07.2013 - 09:47
no one
Account deleted
Wasn't intentional but it did make me laugh..kind of
14.07.2013 - 02:24
no one
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 14.07.2013 at 01:45

Rebuilding Helvete (moving):

|

|

before i even go to have a look..is that guy playing drums on the tyers
14.07.2013 - 04:02
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 14.07.2013 at 02:24
Quote:
:( before i even go to have a look..is that guy playing drums on the tyers

...And not just any guy. That's Fenriz!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
14.07.2013 - 04:10
no one
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 14.07.2013 at 02:24

Written by Guest on 14.07.2013 at 01:45

Rebuilding Helvete (moving):

0_159898974197403_1991918437_n.jpg[/img]|[/center]

before i even go to have a look..is that guy playing drums on the tyers

New it would be someone of importance in the bm scene. Forgive me as i'm fairly new to the genre and don't know faces very well yet ....who is the guy smelling his armpit
06.08.2013 - 11:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Some ppl say like ''true bm'' like marduk, watain etc that BM is ONLY whit satanistic lyrics, some blaber video int whit Marduk, he said to him even Saxon would play black metal if use satanistic lyrics

but what if lady gaga and ricky martin would have super satanistic lyrics, would they play black metal to, or black music?

BM is guitar sound, lyric doesnt metter, Immortal, for example
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.08.2013 - 18:16
Störgeräus

Already posted in thread German Black Metal, but good enough to get some reactions here. Live video of Hyems at Ragnarock Open Air 2013. Bad English will remember it. What about the others? Do you like it?

14.08.2013 - 19:47
Warman
Erotic Stains
Well I don't feel like to sit through a whole concert on Youtube, with a band I've never heard before.
----
14.08.2013 - 21:13
no one
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 14.08.2013 at 19:47

Well I don't feel like to sit through a whole concert on Youtube, with a band I've never heard before.

neither, fans of that band might though
14.08.2013 - 21:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 14.08.2013 at 19:47

He posted it at Ger BM tread and I did watch some 4-5 min to see how it looks
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.08.2013 - 12:40
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Yay ! this thread is like so many Fenriz photos
21.08.2013 - 22:50
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Guest on 15.08.2013 at 12:40

Yay ! this thread is like so many Fenriz photos

my favorite :
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
25.08.2013 - 17:35
The Collector

Greetings

0 is a newly formed experimental black metal one man project. The only instrument used in this project is a four string bass. The aim of the project is to explore how far one man with one voice and a four string bass can go.

You can listen to my first album from my channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgT3n7DkToq9K-Ion66VHvw . At my channel there is also a link to download the whole album plus the artwork of it. This way, you can actually print for yourself a copy of the album.

Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/pages/0-the-experiment/191559844345029?fref=ts
08.09.2013 - 14:00
Egigantea

Is this black metal enough?
04.10.2013 - 04:11
Rasputin

Written by Bad English on 06.08.2013 at 11:36

Some ppl say like ''true bm'' like marduk, watain etc that BM is ONLY whit satanistic lyrics, some blaber video int whit Marduk, he said to him even Saxon would play black metal if use satanistic lyrics

but what if lady gaga and ricky martin would have super satanistic lyrics, would they play black metal to, or black music?

I would argue that "true" Black Metal is long dead. It is not pertinent anymore. It does not stand for the same things, nor is it really offensive, edgy an extreme. Maybe I just became desensitized from it all, but to me BM is no more. What we have is few left overs who are trying to still push the same gimmick, to either make money (Dimmu Borgir), go into a different direction (Satyricon), rehash the same stuff (Immortal) or try to be more dissonant and mean (Marduk, Watain).
Black Metal in its inception was a form of rebellion, against Xtianity, the world, the bullshit mainstream, but now, due to Internet, YouTube and just collapse of Xtianity it does not serve any purpose but entertainment. I laugh when I see videos of Black Metal bands now, because no one cares. At least Cradle of Filth, moved away from the path and they went for the KISS approach and are doing the whole Theatrical thing, regardless what I think about their music.

Black Metal needs to reinvent itself in order to gain that edge back. Because bashing Xtianity and carrying reverse crosses is as extreme as throwing sticks on a chicken. You want to really be edgy and cool? Attack Islam if you dare. But noo, our bloodthirsty-churchburning Vikings are too scared to do that, and therefore, are irrelevant.
04.10.2013 - 08:17
no one
Account deleted
Written by Rasputin on 04.10.2013 at 04:11

I would argue that "true" Black Metal is long dead. It is not pertinent anymore. It does not stand for the same things, nor is it really offensive, edgy an extreme. Maybe I just became desensitized from it all, but to me BM is no more. What we have is few left overs who are trying to still push the same gimmick, to either make money (Dimmu Borgir), go into a different direction (Satyricon), rehash the same stuff (Immortal) or try to be more dissonant and mean (Marduk, Watain).
Black Metal in its inception was a form of rebellion, against Xtianity, the world, the bullshit mainstream, but now, due to Internet, YouTube and just collapse of Xtianity it does not serve any purpose but entertainment. I laugh when I see videos of Black Metal bands now, because no one cares. At least Cradle of Filth, moved away from the path and they went for the KISS approach and are doing the whole Theatrical thing, regardless what I think about their music.

Black Metal needs to reinvent itself in order to gain that edge back. Because bashing Xtianity and carrying reverse crosses is as extreme as throwing sticks on a chicken. You want to really be edgy and cool? Attack Islam if you dare. But noo, our bloodthirsty-churchburning Vikings are too scared to do that, and therefore, are irrelevant.

I'm only a few years in, but i don't think black metal is dead. I think it has branched off a lot of new exciting music from what you have been laughing at. It actually got me interested when i found out that there were bands leaning in a different direction (with a new sound) than the corpse paint Satan viking shit.
I think it has reinvented itself well, and i think you must be blind not to see it.
04.10.2013 - 21:25
ANGEL REAPER

Trve BM = satanic only BM died some 20 years ago .end of discussion .PERIOD!
Today people give the label true just for marketing.And i agree BM is defined by a lot more than just lyrics.
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
04.10.2013 - 22:39
no one
Account deleted
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 04.10.2013 at 21:25

.And i agree BM is defined by a lot more than just lyrics.

agree with who
05.10.2013 - 03:37
Rasputin

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 04.10.2013 at 21:25

Trve BM = satanic only BM died some 20 years ago .end of discussion .PERIOD!
Today people give the label true just for marketing.And i agree BM is defined by a lot more than just lyrics.

Agreed. Black Metal is not about lyrics, and imagery just, it is a way of life, a form a sub culture, but like you and I said, BM is dead, what we have here are just remnants of something that people want to keep alive, and that just cannot happen.
Written by Guest on 04.10.2013 at 08:17

Written by Rasputin on 04.10.2013 at 04:11

I'm only a few years in, but i don't think black metal is dead. I think it has branched off a lot of new exciting music from what you have been laughing at. It actually got me interested when i found out that there were bands leaning in a different direction (with a new sound) than the corpse paint Satan viking shit.
I think it has reinvented itself well, and i think you must be blind not to see it.

List me those exciting bands and those branches. I see nothing but poseurs who just paint their faces for the gimmick of it (Dimmu, Gorgoroth, God Seed), they do not matter anymore. Although, I will admit that the last God Seed album was decent, but nothing spectacular.
I'm not blind, I'm just realistic. Who reinvented themselves? Satyricon? Burzum? Immortal? Carpathian Forest? Dark Funeral? Marduk? Do you want me to continue?

I see most of these bands, and it is the same old, same old shit, nothing spectacular. I think you are the one who does not grasp what Black Metal is about, and what it stands for, but then again, you are only few years in, how would you know what BM is?
05.10.2013 - 03:59
no one
Account deleted
What i mean is there is more than the cliche same old shit these days, for me bands like Gris, Paysage D'hiver and Wolves in the Throne room are doing something different.
Even though i have only been listening 2 years it doesn't take a brain surgeon to know what black metal is, and is about.....well maybe for narrow minds like yours
06.10.2013 - 18:13
Rasputin

Written by Guest on 05.10.2013 at 03:59

What i mean is there is more than the cliche same old shit these days, for me bands like Gris, Paysage D'hiver and Wolves in the Throne room are doing something different.
Even though i have only been listening 2 years it doesn't take a brain surgeon to know what black metal is, and is about.....well maybe for narrow minds like yours

Wow, such a deep response.
Gris, Paysage D'hiver, and Wolves in the Throne Room are not "true" "pure" Black Metal last time I checked. They are a spin off for the lack of a better explanation. Just because a band is a Black/Death, Black/Ambient, Black/Gothic (fill in the blank rest possible mixes) it does not mean that it is a form of evolution, in certain instances it is a form of regress.
Apparently it does, since for your 2 years of listening you clearly do not know what Black Metal is or was, you are only seeing the remnants of it, in a handful of bands who maybe started off in relative BM waters, and now they are somewhere else, and you can hardly say that they are BM anymore.
You still do not understand, or do not want to understand, that what Black Metal was at the time when it was created, it is not, and it cannot be anymore, since those days are long gone, and the culture and the atmosphere is completely different. The bands you listed are an interesting, I will give you that, but they are not what Black Metal is or was. It transcends the music, the style, the lyrics, the image. But, I cannot explain that to you, since you were never as immersed as I was. Had you started listening to it even 10 years ago, you might understand better.
07.10.2013 - 01:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.10.2013 - 03:09
Uldreth

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.10.2013 at 01:10

Wow.

I thought this species of BMers were extinct, or confined to ANUS :/ .
07.10.2013 - 08:09
no one
Account deleted
Written by Rasputin on 06.10.2013 at 18:13

Written by Guest on 05.10.2013 at 03:59

Wow, such a deep response.
Gris, Paysage D'hiver, and Wolves in the Throne Room are not "true" "pure" Black Metal last time I checked. They are a spin off for the lack of a better explanation. Just because a band is a Black/Death, Black/Ambient, Black/Gothic (fill in the blank rest possible mixes) it does not mean that it is a form of evolution, in certain instances it is a form of regress.
Apparently it does, since for your 2 years of listening you clearly do not know what Black Metal is or was, you are only seeing the remnants of it, in a handful of bands who maybe started off in relative BM waters, and now they are somewhere else, and you can hardly say that they are BM anymore.
You still do not understand, or do not want to understand, that what Black Metal was at the time when it was created, it is not, and it cannot be anymore, since those days are long gone, and the culture and the atmosphere is completely different. The bands you listed are an interesting, I will give you that, but they are not what Black Metal is or was. It transcends the music, the style, the lyrics, the image. But, I cannot explain that to you, since you were never as immersed as I was. Had you started listening to it even 10 years ago, you might understand better.

Of course black metal is not the same as when it started, is ANY well established genre the same as when it started ?...no. TRUE, second wave ,pure or whatever you call it is dead sure, but they were the roots of all the sub genres in black metal today weather you like the atmosphere and culture (and all shit that's always going to change with the times anyway) or not.
So please stop embarrassing yourself and me, the cool guys are starting to make fun.
07.10.2013 - 12:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Uldreth on 07.10.2013 at 03:09

Wow.

don't forget the Metal Archives forum, they still dwell there too. And the funny thing is it's all people who weren't into black metal or metal or even born yet when the second wave of bm (i.e. the primarily Norwegian wave) hit the scene
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.10.2013 - 13:43
Uldreth

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.10.2013 at 12:20

Written by Uldreth on 07.10.2013 at 03:09

Wow.

don't forget the Metal Archives forum, they still dwell there too. And the funny thing is it's all people who weren't into black metal or metal or even born yet when the second wave of bm (i.e. the primarily Norwegian wave) hit the scene

The only thing more unintentionally ironic than that are slavic NSBM bands raving about Hitler as if they had no better things to do, forgetting or ignoring how the nazis viewed slavic people as inferior and worthy only of extermination or slavery .

Hardcore BMers are a strange bunch...
07.10.2013 - 13:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Uldreth on 07.10.2013 at 13:43

The only thing more unintentionally ironic than that are slavic NSBM bands raving about Hitler as if they had no better things to do, forgetting or ignoring how the nazis viewed slavic people as inferior and worthy only of extermination or slavery .

Hardcore BMers are a strange bunch...

yep the Slavic NSBM bands crap me up every time I come across one. And the so-called hardcore BMers are the epitome of internet keyboard warriors. They're a truly scared pathetic little bunch when you meet them in real life at concerts, if they go there, since most don't leave their parents' house at all
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.10.2013 - 14:40
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.10.2013 at 13:48

yep the Slavic NSBM bands crap me up every time

They what?