Metal Storm logo
The Omen

02.06.2006 - 05:23
Soliloquy

Damion is back! damion is back! he is back!!!!

aright, you guys remember the original The Omen movie that was released in i beleive 1976? anywyas, i believe the movie was rated as the second most scariest movie in hollywood a few years back(first being the excorsit{sp}). it scared tons of people out of their bodies. good movie for the time

well, now the movie is comming back. its being released on the 6th day of the 6th month of the 6th year...in other words, 6/6/06. which is in 5 days!

the omen, for people who dont know, is about a boy who is actaully the son of the devil. weird and stupid shit happens around the kid. and since the kid is playing as the villian, thats a lil disturbing. i dont know what it is about children, but if kids stare at me for any more than 4 seconds, i start getting a bit creeped out. and the commercials of the movie do the exact same thing! first they have a kid on a swing, then they show the kid and his blue eyes, and they are just staring into the camera with a really apathetic face. creepy

anywho, so what did you guys think of the first movie? and now that this movie is comming out, what do you guys think of it? will it be good?
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
02.06.2006 - 06:19
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Hahaha, dude, you put it in the 666 categorization! lol That was so fukken grim! :[

He is called Damien not Damion though.

Yes, these movies are great! It wasn't just a sole movie but it had continuations, you know? In the first one we have the Antichrist in his childhood with all weird things happening around him and because of him. Evilness always surrounded him, deaths would occur through his presence.

The second one has him being a teenager who finds himself finding his potential and making his parents and friends to know that he is not as innocent as he appears to be. Then the third one, one of the saddest movies I have ever seen, has his sorrowful death with those fucking seven daggers of Megiddo, curse them all! Why did he has to die? He just wanted to submerge the World in perpetual darkness and kill the new reborn Jesus Christ. That is so unfair!

What I liked most about those movies, especially the first two, was that the Antichrist was the main character in the movie. He did not lose, he was never stopped, as in other movies where the Antichrist appears and is killed by the "good one", the main characters of the movie.

The movies would go like this:

The Omen (1976)
Damien: Omen II (1978)
Omen III: The Final Conflict (1981)
Omen IV: The Awakening (1991)

I did not talk about the last one because it is that great at all.

I will go and see the remake and hopefully pass a good time, if it keeps the greatness of the original one.
----
Christless
02.06.2006 - 06:37
Proud Autumn
Account deleted
Well, I'm a little apprehensive about this new movie. I didn't mind the old version, with Gregory Peck, and I'm not sure why they thought a remake was necessary. But, okay. That's all right. It's Hollywood.

It will be interesting to see Julia Stiles in a horror movie! A strange choice altogether!

But, all in all, I'm sort of excited about this movie, even though I'm skeptical.
02.06.2006 - 19:03
Hylia

I cant wait to see it,I haven't seen the old version but i've heard alot about it.I always hear people reference that name because of the character in the movie.I dont know if it will be that good,usually movies these days that are re-made are very dramaticially changed,better graphics.We'll just have to see.
03.06.2006 - 03:36
Soliloquy

@Darth Satanious: whatever his name. anyways, yeah i know part 2 and 3 exist. but i didnt know about the 4th part. the reason why i didnt mention the other 2 parts was becuase i saw the movies starting from the second part, then moved on to the 3rd, and then recently saw the first one...well not recently, maybe an year a go. so i dont really remember much from the second and third part. so yeah..
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
04.06.2006 - 15:18
Eternal Flames

The original movie was really good. Probably one of the best movies I've seen in ages. And the second and third parts were brilliant as well. The three made a great trilogy and I thought were done superbly. Although, when I saw The fourth one, 'The Awakening', I was a bit dissappointed that they continued it. I personally think they should have left it at 'The Final Conflict' and left it the remarkable trilogy that it was. I mean, ' The Awakening' was rather decent and it was suprising they continued the story in the sense of the earlier Omen movies.

Anyway, as for the remake, I usually don't like the remakes of movies, so I doubt this one will be any different, although I'm still going to see it with a friend, as we both loved the Omen movies. Though when I heard that there was going to be a new Omen movie a few months ago and I thought it would have been a continuation. But oh well, I guess I'll just have to go see this remake and the judge whether it is worthy.
07.06.2006 - 06:49
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
@Soliloquy:

How dare you mistake the Antichrist's name!? Shame on you!

@Eternal Flames:

One of the greatest problems of that fourth movie would be, outside of the fact that the whole movie is blatantly a forced continuation, that in the ending of the third movie, after Damien dies, the World faces the Revelation in which people will be judged and in this supposed continuation the World continues to be as normal as always.

I saw the remake just a couple of hours ago. The movie is pretty good; it keeps pretty in faith of what the first one showed to us just with some little updates of these present days as you will see at the beginning of the film and the "signs" of the Antichrist's coming. The movie was quite good as I mentioned before, but I have to admit that I weren't in the "right mood" while watching it since I found some cool Metalhead partners there with which I had some jokes about Satanism and Christianity, what did not allow me to get into the movie as I should have done.

The scenes where things surprised you, like dogs jumping and attacking, dreams, etc. were quite enjoyable and funny when they got to scare you but what impacted me the most could have been seeing Katherine crying, screaming uselessly in an attempt to be heard and save her own life after air was put into the blood transfusion, through an injection, which she was receiving. Damn, that was so outrageous to me since Julia Stiles made such a good role as Katherine in this movie that could easily break your heart. Now, Seamus Davey-Fitzpatrick did a good role as well but it can never match what Harvey Stephens did in the original movie of course. At times it could have seemed that Seamus was kind of pretending to look grim while it came out so naturally to Harvey in the original one. Harvey makes a cameo in the new movie as tabloid reporter (just so you get to know if you did not )

So, my view of this remake is positive even when I have to watch it again to really feel the ambience of the movie. A remake can hardly overpass the greatness of the original and this one did not make it but it was good to watch how the movie would look like in these modern days.
----
Christless
08.06.2006 - 06:17
Søren
Lord of the Mosh
The remake was okay ... not as good as the first by any means, and awfully predictable (especially if you've seen the first). There was no suspense factor, just a few cheap scares. The best parts were shown on the trailer, unfortunately. Stick with the original.
08.06.2006 - 09:50
decapitator

i watched the first Omen the 1976 version and i loved it, i thought it was great although a little confusing.. ( i didnt get the ending at the funeral :S )
i saw the trailer of the new one and i didt think it was good... i heard that the original was fantastic compared to the new one and it shouldnt have been remade... im gonna stick with the old one...
09.06.2006 - 18:38
Damnated
Churchburner
The trailer looked rather grim and evil, I think I'll watch it.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
11.06.2006 - 16:49
^Necrolust^

I liked the old version of Omen,but only the 2 first movies,when he was a kid.The 3rd one,showing him adult was ridiculous imo,and the actor didn't fit About the remake,I wasn't too impressed....It looked like a common thriller ,no atmosphere,and some scenes were even funny (for ex in the end when the dog was running after the ''father'' and he used a cupboard or sth ,and the dog bangd on the cupboard ) .Anyway I expect something better in the remake of the second movie,if they do it.
----
Sin my soul,blesses with fire....
13.06.2006 - 16:05
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
I just came back from watching it then and i enjoyed it. Although it was predictable seeing as ive seen the first one 4 or 5 times, so i kind of knew what was going to happen before it happened. I usually have something against movies that are remakes of some of the best classic movies, but this one was good ... still prefer the original though. In some of the scenes it seemed like they were trying too hard to be like the original, (for example in the 'nanny' incident at the birthday party and one of the mothers scream was not believable, where as in the original it seem more real, or thats just me). Not a bad remake in my opinion.

Also the music in it was very good,
----

Hellcunt Smurf
14.06.2006 - 21:51
Hylia

I watched it last Friday,I didn't really think it was that good, not was I was expecting it to be.Just one of those remakes that are completly boring and worse than the first one.There wasn't anything slightly scary about it,horror movies just aren't what they used to be, and the kid Damien was just to cute to be freaky.
17.06.2006 - 22:51
FlareHeart

I watched it last week and was sorely dissapointed in it. The trailers made it out to be a really good movie, but it was kinda pathetic for a "horror" flick. There needed to be much more evil, death, and blood in it. There was only one point in the whole movie where I jumped and none at all where I was the slightest bit scared. I also agree with Crimson Death in that the kid was too cute to be freaky.
----
~That which yields is not always weak.~
19.08.2006 - 18:22
Vintervarg
Account deleted
The original "Omen" is on the list of my top10 favorite movies. I saw the re-make and I was shocked! The re-make is disgusting!!!
27.09.2006 - 16:00
Rattlehead.cz

I love the original movie from Richard Donner, the music from Jerry Goldsmith is excellent.
I like The Omen II:Damian and The Final Conflict too, but these two movies aren't as great as the original one. I have to compliment to Sam Neill, who played Damian as the adult man. He is one of my favourite actors.
I don't care about the remake, I don't need to see this movie, when I have seen the original one!!