Metal Storm logo
Benighted - New Song Up

Original post

Posted by , 10.10.2007 - 14:36
An uberly fantastic death grind band from France with incredibly catchy and memorable songs. I'm pretty sure a lot of you know this band so I won't ramble on about them. Identisick and Insane Cephalic Production are both very sweet albums indeed.

One thing to note that I love about this band is that I find that they're as aggressive a band can be without passing over into "brutal" territory so they retain a lot of their groove, melody and how shall I put it? Headbang-a-bility? Something like that.

Anyhoo my main reason for this topic is to gather opinions of the new album 'Icon' if anyone's heard it? Have a slight worry they're gonna head down the Deathcore path :/
17.05.2010 - 19:21
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by theflyingmachine on 15.05.2010 at 16:50

Written by Visioneerie on 14.05.2010 at 22:49

Regardless, I don't think the deathgrind that Benighted play on Identisick will ever be considered linked in some way to the mainstream.

I agree, but it seemed like their sound could have become more deathcore-ish on their later albums, as JOOH said. At least on Icon, that didn't happen, which is good.

I see your point, although I think Benighted's breakdowns are one of their strengths and give them more... 'ooomph' for a lack of a better word which can't be said for the majority of deathcore bands. Somehow, these guys do it right... the breakdowns in Foetus and Grindwit immediately come to mind.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
16.07.2010 - 17:59
Got Mayhem?

I finally listened to Icon and thoroughly got my ass kicked by it. Definitely looking forward to a 2010 release by these guys.
----
05.03.2011 - 22:18
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Track from the new album: http://www.radiometal.com/en/article/exclusive-sneak-preview-in-the-cave-with-benighted,20659

It destroys everything, unsurprisingly. And one of the freakiest intro's I've ever heard.
06.03.2011 - 01:45
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
*lalalalala not listening not listening*

No seriously, I don't want to go anywhere near their samples until I can get a hold of the whole thing. The greatest upside to not having a sound card is that I'm forced to download onto my Zune, and I can't download samples in an acceptable format just to listen, so I get to enjoy weeks/months of silence until the album's leaked/released.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."