Metal Storm logo
Schools and ripoffs

Original post

Posted by Lord TJ, 11.10.2007 - 19:54
It seems to me that school tends to rip people off. I go to a trade school and they make up wear uniforms, the thing is, they make the uniforms much more expensive than what they really are. Lunch prices are incredibly expensive and prices are always rising, a gatorade last year costed a dollar, this year it rose to 1.25, and now its 1.50. Lunch prices also went up to 2.50 when they use to be 1.75, you also get shittier food and less quantity.

Work policies suck also, we have two senior projects to do at the same time, and in english class they don't give you much to do with it because your choice of topic has to be limited to your lab (area of choice of proffession).

Whats stuff like in your school?
27.01.2009 - 08:41
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Valentin B on 27.01.2009 at 08:34

like i said in another thread, can't you just xerox-copy them? lol i know it's kind of illegal but it might save you some obscene amounts of cash.

you can, its not even illegal, but most people dont have that kinda time. i mean seriously, are you gonna take the time to xerox an 800 page textbook?
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
27.01.2009 - 08:45
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by LeChron James on 27.01.2009 at 08:41

like i said in another thread, can't you just xerox-copy them? lol i know it's kind of illegal but it might save you some obscene amounts of cash.

you can, its not even illegal, but most people dont have that kinda time. i mean seriously, are you gonna take the time to xerox an 800 page textbook?

well, 800 pages, you can leave it there and come back the day after(actually it's not worth waiting around if you have more than 70 pages to copy). that's what i did with my economics textbooks. it was also extremely cheap(the equivalent of 5 us dollars lol)
27.01.2009 - 08:48
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Valentin B on 27.01.2009 at 08:45

Written by LeChron James on 27.01.2009 at 08:41

well, 800 pages, you can leave it there and come back the day after(actually it's not worth waiting around if you have more than 70 pages to copy). that's what i did with my economics textbooks. it was also extremely cheap(the equivalent of 5 us dollars lol)

yeah, cuz photocopying my political science and earth studies book would be a KILLER pain. but since i work campus, i get a pretty fat discount on my books, even if theyre retardedly expensive with my discount factored in.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.