Metal Storm logo
Dereleech (ambient)

11.10.2007 - 23:42
KryptoN
imperceptible
Dereleech is my one-man ambient project that I've been working on for some time now. The songs I've finished so far could be described as minimalistic ethereal ambient with a subtle touch of down-tuned guitars. I'm also planning on embedding some darker and more aggressive aspects into the essence.

I have released two songs so far and they can be downloaded from Last.fm & Mikseri.net.

Hope you enjoy the journeys.

I don't have a site yet, but any comments are welcome (either here, mikseri.net or last.fm). I'm especially interested in the opinions of people who listen to a lot of ambient. And if you have any questions that you'd like to ask I'll try to answer them here.

EDIT: All production freely downloadable from http://www.mediafire.com/dereleech in MP3 and FLAC.
12.10.2007 - 03:01
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
I don't listen to a lot of ambient , so I am no expert .

But I like both of these tracks a lot. They're true to the label ambient, and it's great experience to both listen to and have playing as background aural enhancement.

I had trouble downloading " The Desert Call My Name" from Last fm , it only downloaded the first 2 minutes , but mikseri was fine.
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
12.10.2007 - 15:59
KryptoN
imperceptible
Written by hanna of steel on 12.10.2007 at 03:01

I don't listen to a lot of ambient , so I am no expert .

But I like both of these tracks a lot. They're true to the label ambient, and it's great experience to both listen to and have playing as background aural enhancement.

I had trouble downloading " The Desert Call My Name" from Last fm , it only downloaded the first 2 minutes , but mikseri was fine.

Thanks. And yes I've been trying to create something that is non-intrusive, so it can be listened to as background sound, but also at the same time something that can be actively listened to if you're into this sort of stuff. I think my main goal, however, is to make something I like myself. And if others like it too, good.

P.S. Yup, there seems to be something wrong with the last.fm downloads...
12.10.2007 - 19:53
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
As yo know, I like it.

Recommended!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
14.10.2007 - 01:38
Warman
Erotic Stains
Both tracks are cool!
----
15.10.2007 - 23:24
KryptoN
imperceptible
Thanks people. And if it's not too much trouble I would really like to know more details. What exactly did you like? What did you not like? And don't be afraid of giving negative criticism, I'd actually prefer that because I know I'm not a professional. It would be nice to see if you didn't like some aspect that I already knew I didn't do quite well or didn't like myself either (and same with the good sides). I don't have a closed vision of what I'm doing, I'm open to learning from your feedback and ideas.
28.08.2008 - 02:25
KryptoN
imperceptible
I just finished a new song called "Floating Bodies and Rotten Shorelines". It's once again a very minimalistic dark ambient piece. I recorded it all at once and it's mostly improvised, I've found that this helps the "organic" atmosphere. I took a few patterns and just randomly built on them. So the recording process took exactly as long as the track itself is.

The theme/story/idea behind the song is the following. You're alone drifting downstream on a shipwreck during an era of a deadly epidemic, too afraid to go ashore because of corpses everywhere on the shorelines. Being isolated, trapped on this broken lifeboat, you still somehow feel safe.

This is what I tried to aim for anyways... The track is available on the last.fm profile of Dereleech. As always, any feedback is welcome.
06.10.2008 - 22:14
KryptoN
imperceptible
I finished a new song called "Passage of Kings" and it can be downloaded from Last.fm (lower quality) or Mikseri.net (higher quality).

It's quite a short dark ambient piece with slight industrial rhythmic elements.

EDIT:

Another song finished today called "Graveyard at the Delta" and it's available at the linked sites.
22.10.2008 - 09:34
KryptoN
imperceptible
New song again, called "Downstream". This time with purely electronic instruments including piano, strings and some drums.

Again, Last.fm (lower quality) or Mikseri.net (higher quality).
17.11.2008 - 08:41
KryptoN
imperceptible
The full album "Downstream" is available now in HQ VBR MP3 here.

Also, I've got half an hour done for the skeleton of a new album now, everything's still unfinished and unpolished but it's going well so far. Trying to aim for around 40-50 minutes total, divided into 3 or 4 tracks (haven't decided yet).

I'm aiming for more "cosmic" atmosphered / space-themed ethereal ambient and trying to capture a certain feeling of hopelessness and entrapment. The music will be beatless, but maintaining rhythmic elements to some extent. There's some more experimentation with occasional distorted drones. No real physical instruments will be used, just electronic ones. Well, except for possible vocal stuff (distant/distorted screams or whispers or something, haven't really thought about it that much yet). There's gonna be a moderate amount of pattern repetition, but with subtle "evolution" of the melodies and ambiance build-up making it more organic/fractal for the lack of better terms. The overall mood is quite bleak and sad, perhaps a bit mysterious in a "sci-fi" kind of way too.

Musical influences:
- Mark Morgan's Fallout soundtracks
- SleepResearch_Facility's "Nostromo"
- Phil Thornton's "Alien Encounter"
- Jääportit
- Darkspace's purely ambient moments
- Drone Doom and Funeral Doom in general
26.11.2008 - 12:36
KryptoN
imperceptible
New album "Standstill" out now. Free download in HQ VBR MP3.
22.02.2009 - 22:46
Krankheit
Account deleted
Nice work dude! Downloaded your album.
05.11.2009 - 06:52
Hexenmeister
I downloaded your album 'Standstill' and I really like it.

This is tr00 ambient music. (Whereas it seems like anything with synths in it can get labeled 'ambient.')

I was particularly fond of the track 'Somnolent.'

I'd be curious to know what instruments and recording set-up you use if you feel like sharing.
05.11.2009 - 10:51
KryptoN
imperceptible
Written by Hexenmeister on 05.11.2009 at 06:52

I downloaded your album 'Standstill' and I really like it.

This is tr00 ambient music. (Whereas it seems like anything with synths in it can get labeled 'ambient.')

I was particularly fond of the track 'Somnolent.'

I'd be curious to know what instruments and recording set-up you use if you feel like sharing.

Thanks, glad you liked it. The "tr00" ambient music was indeed where I wanted to take it from the beginning (even though what I'm working on now probably has more musical aspects in it).

The only real instrument I use is an electric guitar (ESP-LTD F-250) which is routed through M-Audio Black Box Reloaded (amp simulator / effect box etc.) and into NI Reaktor 5 & Steinberg Cubase SX3 apps on my PC. Both of these apps act as processing layers and platforms for additional fully electronic instruments. The final layering/arrangements/mastering is done in Cubase.

And on another note, it seems I forgot to post about the third album (Servant of Entropy) here when I released it. But as always it's downloadable from http://www.mediafire.com/dereleech.