Metal Storm logo
Slayer - New Material Update

Thrash Metallers Slayer are reportedly releasing a single to their new album. The single will be called 'Cult' and will feature the song Cult, a video of Cult and some 'rare fan footage'. The single is going to be a limited edition one (5000 copies) and should be released on 15th June. Slayer are also going to release a limited edition EP called 'Eternal Pyre'.

As the new album goes, it still doesn't have a name, but some unconfirmed track titles have been released. Here are the titles:

01. Cult
02. Consfearacy
03. Flesh Storm
04. Jihad
05. Eyes of the Insane
06. Black Serenade
07. Supremist
08. Skeleton Christ
09. Catatonic
10. Final Six
11. Catalyst

My money is on the album being titled 'Jihad'. Also, Slayer have posted a snippet of the new song 'Cult' on their official website: www.slayer.net Just open the site and the song will play automatically.

Source: metal-temple.com
Band profile: Slayer
Posted: 02.06.2006 by Necromancer_S

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 4 users
02.06.2006 - 12:14
Cut-Throat

good stufff! good stuff!
02.06.2006 - 12:22
Thryce
Retired Staff
Rumored artwork for Slayer's still-untitled 2006 release has been made available through Warner Brothers' German division. You can sneak a peek at what could be at this location.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
02.06.2006 - 13:23
Deucehound
Account deleted
With the tour's kick off now June 10, Six-Six-O-Six will still be a special day for Slayer fans. On that day, Slayer will release "Eternal Pyre," a limited edition EP that will preview "Cult," a brand-new song from the band's as yet untitled new album (due out July 25), a live version of "Dead Skin Mask" recorded at last year's Full Force Festival, exclusive behind-the-scenes footage of the making of the new album, and, originally available only on 1995's now out-of-print "Live Intrusion" video, a 5-minute clip of the Slayer fan who carved the band's name into his forearm. "Eternal Pyre" will be available exclusively at all Hot Topic stores.

I don't know anything about the cd single...5,000 copies! Where would you even get it?
02.06.2006 - 16:11
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Apparentely you can get it at amazon.com or some such.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
02.06.2006 - 17:42
ozieb

Written by Thryce on 02.06.2006 at 12:22

Rumored artwork for Slayer's still-untitled 2006 release has been made available through Warner Brothers' German division. You can sneak a peek at what could be at this location.

if it really be the cover art of new album, i give my money for album title - "eyes of the insane".
"jihad" is particularly albout one topic, while "eyes of the insane" is more general title
03.06.2006 - 00:51
sev7en77
Account deleted
i got tickets to see them on June 30th, can't wait
05.06.2006 - 01:58
kakalokola

CANT WAIT !!!!!!!!!
28.07.2006 - 06:13
Pianoman
Account deleted
Flesh storm that song sounds good. I have high hopes in this album.

Hits total: 2273 | This month: 24