Metal Storm logo
Manowar

03.06.2006 - 00:23
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
As I sit here and listen to most likely the greatest band of all time I notice that there isn't a topic for them, so I decided to make one. Manowar are a band that you must love, and if you don't, you're gay. Haha, seriously though. They make some wicked music, though pompous, they deserve to be, I mean, they are the KINGS OF METAL. I do enjoy their upbeat attitude, killer riffing, and Eric Adams god like vocals. Very manly. I would call them Heavy Metal (or moreover, Traditional Metal) than anything, but they do have some Speed and Power Metal tendencies every now and then. Any fans?

And remember kids, while other bands play - Manowar kill.
----
The force will be with you, always.
03.06.2006 - 00:29
Dam3k

YOYO, It's nice to know there is at least one person in this web who respects the band... Always that Manowar appears on a post it's called cheesy-power-gay-lame-metal or things like, things that dorks do -.-, I respect this band and I really like it, nowadays has lost a lot of it's power and as I said, even people don't respect them, but I don't give them the fuck, they have been a very important band in the history of metal.
----

03.06.2006 - 00:37
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Dam3k on 03.06.2006 at 00:29

YOYO, It's nice to know there is at least one person in this web who respects the band... Always that Manowar appears on a post it's called cheesy-power-gay-lame-metal or things like, things that dorks do -.-, I respect this band and I really like it, nowadays has lost a lot of it's power and as I said, even people don't respect them, but I don't give them the fuck, they have been a very important band in the history of metal.

Yeah, not to mention that they are better than all of the other bands out there, AND THEY KNOW IT. Indeed, I do enjoy their music. Good to know you do too, brother.
----
The force will be with you, always.
03.06.2006 - 01:29
Dam3k

Written by Clintagräm on 03.06.2006 at 00:37

Written by Dam3k on 03.06.2006 at 00:29

Yeah, not to mention that they are better than all of the other bands out there, AND THEY KNOW IT. Indeed, I do enjoy their music. Good to know you do too, brother.

HAHA that's was hard!! They ain't better than much other bands that are here but... they are more talented than what the people thinks, they don't recieve all the respect they deserve, and this 20 years ago or so didn't happend, Manowar was considered as one of the most important metal band... it's a shame!!
----

03.06.2006 - 04:45
noks
Account deleted
Ah, the kings of metal. I'm a fan, of course! No one else kills while others bands play . Some of the things Manowar say can be a bit arrogant, but that's just a part of their image. It's cool haha!
03.06.2006 - 06:42
Icewings
La Luna
Well I agree with you , Noks sometimes they can be very arrogant like I saw them in concert and at the end all the bands came out to talk to their fans but Manowar nop, They were too busy'' and everyone else was waiting for them outside ..but yeah I love them what can you do and Indeed they are the LOUDEST !!!and the kings of metal ....awesome band ..awesome songs.....
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
03.06.2006 - 06:49
Hyvaarin

I love Manowar, they have written some amazingly stirring music. They are also awesome for True Metal Party Singalongs . HAIL, MANOWAR.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
04.06.2006 - 13:50
Liisi

THE BEST BAND IN THE WHOLE F***** WORLD !
----
i may be small, i may be cute, but baby, i know how to move my feet!
04.06.2006 - 14:41
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
I'm no huge fan of Manowar actually ..
Sure you can sing along and they have some cool material, but there are bands whom are far better than Manowar IMO...
Sonata Arctica or Sinergy for example
04.06.2006 - 14:52
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
I'm a fan of course and I enjoy all of what I have heard. As for Manowar being arrogant... I'd definitely agree, as it is even expressed in some of the lyrical content of their songs, as well as their disriminant perspective, eg "If you like metal, you're my friend", but hell, don't we all like metal here?, especially Manowar for that concern?
05.06.2006 - 03:03
Daru Jericho

Manowar are a great band although I haven't listened to them for a while. I listened to them a lot when I was first getting into metal and I think their lyricals alone was encouragement to check out more metal. I'd love to see them live, especially since they're the loudest band on Earth.

It's a shame about the attitude they seem to show towards their fans. I mean, they seem to be in love with metal so you'd think they'd love their fans too.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

06.06.2006 - 07:14
TheKreator
Account deleted
really awsome band...absolutely great...i really feel bad though, i didn't get to see them live yet...
06.06.2006 - 16:43
Cybertrash

Hoho, Manowar, always a good topic for discussion.

I really like their music and their lyrics are imo very funny. But I still have a few problems with the band. First of all, someone spoke about respect and I really can't see what makes this band deserve any. There attitude sucks. Both towards the fans and in their music. Their liveshows really stinks since they never change a fucking thing. I have seen the band twice and it was a god damn replay. Joey DeMaio stands pretty much still, stomping on the ground in that ridicuosly masculin manner, during the whole concert. Unless they are shooting a video (for the 347'th time), then he sometimes comes to life when the camera is approaching. He's indeed both a wimp and a poser, and he can therefore leave the hall. And every freaking time he does that Manowar-speech in the end and every time he wastes good beer by pouring it over his face. Then we have the classic where he crashes his bass guitar and the one where he pulls up a random girl from the crowd... yawn! Joey DeMaio sucks!

But then again. I really like some stuff they've written and I am the first to sing along when a Manowar CD spins at a party. So I guess I am a wimp and a poser too, and therefore I'll now leave the hall
----
Dibbukim - Az a foygl un a goylem tantsn, out on GM Music April 25th!

http://www.dibbukim.com
07.06.2006 - 03:27
danzig111
Account deleted
Are you kidding me? I ADORE MANOWAR! they are the most Macho Heavy/Power Metal band ever lol and they were actually the band who got me into Power Metal along with Children Of Bodom. Manowar are so funny too haha, but though their lyrics are cheesy, they bring out my emotions when i listen to them!
07.06.2006 - 05:39
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Manowar is one of my fav bands, but Adams huting video is just..... I mean why somebody would record a video about killing helpless animals (Im not from PETA!) I just though that the video was stupid
----
07.06.2006 - 23:40
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
great band, just got 'triumoh of steel' and its freaking amazing! a little cheesey, but hey, what great metal isnt a little cheesey?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
08.06.2006 - 00:01
Dam3k

Written by Guest on 07.06.2006 at 03:27

Are you kidding me? I ADORE MANOWAR! they are the most Macho Heavy/Power Metal band ever lol and they were actually the band who got me into Power Metal along with Children Of Bodom. Manowar are so funny too haha, but though their lyrics are cheesy, they bring out my emotions when i listen to them!

YOU ARE THE MAN!! MACHO HEAVY METAL!! LOL that was awesome hahhahahaha I think it's the best definition that this band could recieve!! what about making a new genre? macho metal =) it could be cool!!!
----

08.06.2006 - 09:42
decapitator

i love Manowar.. one of my favorite bands... the music is great and the lyrics are even better very talented musicians, each and every one of them...
13.06.2006 - 21:08
scorus
Account deleted
I likem too. I mean their arrogants is relly nice, I like people with an atitude and whome are willing to show it.
22.06.2006 - 00:19
TheKreator
Account deleted
@scorus you're right ...arrogance suites them very well especially on stage
31.07.2006 - 21:36
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
The Kings Of Heavy Metal! Since their first album the thing was very clear! They will not change! Manowar is one of my Top Bands, i really can't stop to listen them, atheir lyrics, atheir music, their attitude! amazing ! Te definitive Band that takes Metal to the highest level of arrogance and i love that "If you like Metal You're my friend, and the enemy is no metal we cn't forgive!".

Fav songs

1. Sword in the wind. Beautiful, powerful, the best song of manowar.
2. Fight until we die
3. Blood of the Kings
4. Battle hymns
5. Fighting the world
6. Cherokee Warrior
7. Achilles (agony and ecstasy in eight parts)
8. Call to arms . this song makes me want to fight against no-metal people!
9. Warriors of the world united
10. Return of the Warlord

Well, i like every song, so that list has no order!

HAIL MY BROTHERS! AMAZING TOPIC!
02.08.2006 - 14:57
GT
Coffee!!
Used to listen to Manowar a lot, but then it started to bore me...to much of the same "we-are-oh-so-macho"...I'll probably get in to them again after a while
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
03.08.2006 - 12:07
CrematorY
Account deleted
MANOWAR... The Kings of Heavy Metal!They have one of the greatest music ever!
Favorite songs:
*Crown And The Ring
*Heart of Steel ( best ever!)
*Warriors of the World United
*SWORDS IN THE WIND!!!!!! ( i cried on this song! Great voice.... great guitar... great band)
*Metal Daze (first manowar song i ever listned to )
*Fighting the world... etc... all are great all are beautiful, and not a single one sucks!!!!! :S wierd
03.08.2006 - 16:58
Beer Fairy

I adore Manowar-Kings of METAL . I can't live without their music . The first album that i heard was ...'Warriors of the world' some years ago.Then i realised that this is the band for me and after a month i had all of their albums in my collection .I listen them every day....
05.08.2006 - 12:13
BlackSneaky
Account deleted
I never get tired of listening to Manowar! Great music, great lyrics!
05.08.2006 - 12:14
BlackSneaky
Account deleted
God made Manowar, and Manowar made Heavy Metal..
06.08.2006 - 09:29
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Im gonna say one thing and one thing only. Ahem "HEAVY METAL OR NO METAL AT ALL,ALL YOU WIMPS AND POSERS LEAVE THE HALL" Also Eric Adams and Joey DeMaio are really good at what they do.
06.08.2006 - 09:32
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
I must also say that Im not the biggest fan. I also have to add that Karl Logan is very good too!!
06.08.2006 - 09:40
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I'm gonna say one thing and one thing only too...little bitches like Noel Gallagher from Oasis should not say anything about bands like Manowar if they know what's good for them...for those of you who don't know, there was a thread about it on the old MS about how Noel said that Manowar was just noise and he then proclaimed that Oasis was the loudest band...I think we should put the members of Manowar and the members of Oasis in a death match and watch Eric Adams tear Noel's faggy little head to shreads...
06.08.2006 - 11:17
Beer Fairy

Written by Guest on 05.08.2006 at 12:14

God made Manowar, and Manowar made Heavy Metal..

I agree with you