Metal Storm logo
Manowar

Original post

Posted by Clintagräm, 03.06.2006 - 00:23
As I sit here and listen to most likely the greatest band of all time I notice that there isn't a topic for them, so I decided to make one. Manowar are a band that you must love, and if you don't, you're gay. Haha, seriously though. They make some wicked music, though pompous, they deserve to be, I mean, they are the KINGS OF METAL. I do enjoy their upbeat attitude, killer riffing, and Eric Adams god like vocals. Very manly. I would call them Heavy Metal (or moreover, Traditional Metal) than anything, but they do have some Speed and Power Metal tendencies every now and then. Any fans?

And remember kids, while other bands play - Manowar kill.
20.04.2011 - 05:05
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Just found aout about David Shankles band, David Shanke Group. Pretty good stuff.

24.03.2012 - 10:05
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
24.03.2012 - 10:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 24.03.2012 at 10:05

Good news for Manowar fans.

Manowar Posts Footage Of Special Fans Previewing New Track "El Gringo"

Bad news for any normal metalhead
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.03.2012 - 13:28
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Well, I didn't expect too much but that song doesn't sound bad imo. They only released 30 minutes of new material in the past 5 years and they're not under any contractual obligation (they have their own label) so I'm hoping the next album at least isn't as boring as Gods of War.
24.03.2012 - 13:32
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Valentin B on 24.03.2012 at 13:28

Well, I didn't expect too much but that song doesn't sound bad imo. They only released 30 minutes of new material in the past 5 years and they're not under any contractual obligation (they have their own label) so I'm hoping the next album at least isn't as boring as Gods of War.

Gods Of War took five years to make and was also on their own label so don't get your hopes up
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.03.2012 - 14:53
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Don't underestimate this band. They still had an ample amount of potential inherited in them. I'll surely hit the stores and get a CD.
24.03.2012 - 22:38
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 24.03.2012 at 14:53

Don't underestimate this band. They still had an ample amount of potential inherited in them. I'll surely hit the stores and get a CD.

save yourself some potential money and listen to the record first by downloading/streaming.
22.04.2012 - 17:00
Infernal Eternal

Manowar
Born to live forever more
The right to conquer every shore
Hold your ground and give no more
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
15.05.2012 - 03:12
Some Witty Name

Seriously, this has got to be one of the most boring and banal bands in the world. Seriously.

It's just that generic and stupid and stuff. Novelty wears off after a few songs only.
06.08.2012 - 19:45
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
@Some Witty Name: You must have no appreciation for creativity and diversity

Anyway, I'm happy to announce that after like a year, I finally found my long lost Into Glory Ride and Hail To England albums!
06.08.2012 - 22:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 06.08.2012 at 19:45

Manowar creative and diverse?

If that comment by you isn't sarcastic it sure as hell is the funniest joke of the year/
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.08.2012 - 23:55
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.08.2012 at 22:43

If that comment by you isn't sarcastic it sure as hell is the funniest joke of the year/

I'm laughing already

a thousand
07.08.2012 - 00:07
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Wow, even some of the more hot-headed Manowar fans have to admit they are not exactly creative geniuses.

I'm pretty sure he was sarcastic though
07.08.2012 - 00:23
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 07.08.2012 at 00:07

Wow, even some of the more hot-headed Manowar fans have to admit they are not exactly creative geniuses.

I'm pretty sure he was sarcastic though

I have doubts about that
07.08.2012 - 00:56
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

Maybe they're so creative and diverse they're actually challenging themselves to sound as if they've never had more than a single idea in their career. They're post-ironic or something.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.08.2012 - 01:25
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.08.2012 at 00:56

Maybe they're so creative and diverse they're actually challenging themselves to sound as if they've never had more than a single idea in their career. They're post-ironic or something.

Manowar = World's biggest hipster band.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
08.08.2012 - 01:50
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted

Well if it isn't Captain optimism :

such a fucking antagonist all the time man, you and all the other narrow-minded MSers can critique Manwoar all you want, but please tell me which old school Heavy Metal band in the '80's were dealing with Viking/Odinist themes like they were?
Maybe by today's standard they don't seem unique because, a whole array of metal bands take on such themes.....
But what other band is like Manowar? Their sound is unqiuely them! Am I wrong? I've never heard anyone write "anthems" in the way that they do.
Also, what about the Gods Of War album? Does that album not stand out? Amon Amarth for instance are arguably the most-viking obsessed band in the world, but even they don't add the filmscore-esque elements like Manowar! I'd say that qualifies as diverse.

I don't quite understand what's wrong with me saying they're "creative". What's funny about that?

Oh, but because they wore loin cloths, are machismo and full of themselves at times......that's a good reason to count them out?
08.08.2012 - 02:40
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 08.08.2012 at 01:50
Oh, but because they wore loin cloths, are machismo and full of themselves at times......that's a good reason to count them out?

No, it's because they've been writing the same songs for almost as long as Marcel's been alive.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
08.08.2012 - 12:04
Dinruth

I am by all means a Manowar fan .. many of their songs have great energy .. but still to me it is bloody obvious that calling them creative has to be some sort of joke ... there is even a drinking game to the song "Warrior's of the world" where you pick a word and have to drink whenever it is mentioned .. something like:

steel, warrior, blood, die, death, sword, true, kill, power, ...

I still like Manowar but they are pretty repetative
23.08.2012 - 21:27
Uldreth

Written by Guest on 08.08.2012 at 01:50

Well if it isn't Captain optimism :

such a fucking antagonist all the time man, you and all the other narrow-minded MSers can critique Manwoar all you want, but please tell me which old school Heavy Metal band in the '80's were dealing with Viking/Odinist themes like they were?

A lyrical theme does not make a band creative. Also they dealt with viking themes only later (as far as I remember) and was restricted to a small amount of songs compared to their usual chest thumping, self-promoting and cringe-inducingly cheesy "metal" lyrics.
Quote:

Maybe by today's standard they don't seem unique because, a whole array of metal bands take on such themes.....
But what other band is like Manowar? Their sound is unqiuely them! Am I wrong? I've never heard anyone write "anthems" in the way that they do.

Even if that is true (I am not saying it is, more like jumping over this point), they released the same shit with basically no variation (aside from that godawful God of War).
Quote:

Also, what about the Gods Of War album? Does that album not stand out? Amon Amarth for instance are arguably the most-viking obsessed band in the world, but even they don't add the filmscore-esque elements like Manowar! I'd say that qualifies as diverse.

It stands out because it is even more tear-inducingly boring than most of the things they did. Also how in the hell would that be unique or creative when symphonic power metal bands like Rhapsody did things like that wayy before and it sucked even then.
Quote:

I don't quite understand what's wrong with me saying they're "creative". What's funny about that?

What is wrong with it is that it is just not true.
Quote:

No that is just one more bonus reason to ridicule them.
18.09.2012 - 16:58
Sangre Sani

Well, I like 'em, but every new stuff they release nowadays, makes me laugh somehow.
24.09.2012 - 22:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Is it offical band video or fan made?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRNxp9puN_E
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.09.2012 - 22:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Bad English on 24.09.2012 at 22:47

Is it offical band video or fan made?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRNxp9puN_E

official video
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.09.2012 - 19:33
Lit.
Account deleted
I'm just gonna come out and say that Dawn of Battle is probably my favorite song (or the only one I like).
Their music is good for AMV's, though. Got a lot of good ones on YT.
26.09.2012 - 19:50
Dinruth

Written by Guest on 25.09.2012 at 19:33

I'm just gonna come out and say that Dawn of Battle is probably my favorite song (or the only one I like).
Their music is good for AMV's, though. Got a lot of good ones on YT.

I agree .. dawn of battle is a great song .. but the only one you like? don't you like anything off Battle Hymns? or Kings of Metal? those were imo fucking good Manowar albums
01.11.2012 - 18:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Check this out. There apparently was a time when Manowar (and Joey Demayonaise) were actually cool guys and fun.
This is from a kids' tv show where they first performed Gloves Of Metal and then answered questions asked by the kids in the studio,

----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.12.2013 - 21:46
lordduke

MANOWAR Announce First Show Ever In Israel For "Kings Of Metal MMXIV" World Tour .May 21, 2014 at Hangar 11 in Tel Aviv !!!
03.08.2016 - 17:30
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Rezzing from the dead for giggles.

Manowar Lyrics Generator!

great stuff.

They ride our blood

I hail my glory and proud master
Attack your metal
Hail your horse
Fight your heavy honor
Feel their fire and the screaming fire
They attack my brave honor against the wind

They ride our blood
Attack their hammer with hammer
They ride our blood
Burn my screaming blood against the power

Feel your death
Fight our mighty horse
The gods ride our horse
Kill my bloody blood without metal

They ride our blood
They ride our blood
They ride our blood
They ride our blood
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
05.08.2016 - 08:35
Mattybu

"BEHOLD ALL THE FIRE"

Kill our fierce death
Kill your honor against the brave glory
The gods ride my hammer
The gods burn my sword with honor
They fight our sword
We feel all the power

Behold all the fire
Ride all the mighty steel and master
Behold all the fire
Kill the metal with wind

Attack our heavy battle
We attack your battle
Ride our heavy steel against the power without bloody power
Hail horse and sword

Behold all the fire
Behold all the fire
Behold all the fire
Behold all the fire

--

I'm getting mixed messages here. Kill the metal with wind? According to Manowar heavy metal will never die. Great song up until that.
08.08.2016 - 07:07
Maco
Pvt Funderground
I FIGHT THE METAL AND PROUD WARRIOR

Feel their brave fire and metal
Kill the steel without warrior with hammer
Fight our bloody sword against the power
Ride our kings and the blood
Feel our wind and horse
Behold my strong horse and victorious sword

I fight the metal and proud warrior
They kill my honor against the fierce warrior