Metal Storm logo
The Last Concert You Attended

Original post

Posted by Deadsoulman, 16.10.2007 - 09:33
Ok people, like the old one, this is the place to tell us your latest concert experiences!

I'll start by pasting my last message in the old thread:

I saw Behemoth, Kataklysm, Aborted and Lyfthrasyr on Sunday.

As I may write a report about this one, I won't say much. Just that Kataklysm, and above all Behemoth, were amazing. Really. Absolutely amazing. I've been blown away, even if it was the third time this year I was seeing Behemoth live (after the No Mercy fest and the Hellfest). But, as headliners, they are even better.

Ok, I'll just give you the setlists of the last two bands, for those who care
Setlist Kataklysm:
Like Angels (Weeping The Dark)
Let Them Burn
Ambassador Of Pain
The Resurrected
Crippled & Broken
Serenity In Fire
1999:6661:2000
Where The Enemy Sleeps...
Beyond Salvation
As I Slither
Face The Face Of War
Manipulator Of Souls
In Shadows And Dust

Setlist Behemoth:
Rome 64 C.E.
Slaying The Prophets Of Isa
Antichristian Phenomenon
Demigod
From The Pagan Vastlands
Prometherion
Conquer All
Christgrinding Avenue
Drum Solo
Slaves Shall Serve
As Above So Below
Summoning Of the Ancient Gods
Christians To The Lions
Decade Of Therion
Chant For Eschaton 2000

Encore:
I Got Erection (Turbonegro cover)

To reply to another post in the old thread, both bands played approximately 75 minutes.

Next to come is Enslaved and Keep Of Kalessin tomorrow
22.10.2012 - 01:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
WASP just 20 min ago
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.10.2012 - 20:50
BloodTears
ANA-thema
It was Anathema on Saturday and it was a bit disappointing. This was the third time I saw them and the other two were far superior. It was the setlist, the place itself which is kinda garbage and also the band looked distant I don't know. Maybe it is because they play in Portugal on every tour now and they are beginning to go on autopilot mode.

And they didn't play "Internal Landscapes" (one of my fav songs on the new album) when they played that song on every other date on the tour. Oh well, better luck next time.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
22.10.2012 - 23:46
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Written by Guest on 09.10.2012 at 20:20

Written by CobiWan1993 on 03.10.2012 at 02:36

I left before Devin Townsend played.

You weird fuck!

Sorry, I never cared for his work, and I live about an hour and a half away from the venue, wanted to get home before I got too tired.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
02.11.2012 - 05:41
Guib
Thrash Talker
Ok so I just saw Municipal Waste, Vektor and Napalm Death in Montreal yesterday at ''Foufounes Electriques'' bar. It was amazing, it was my first time with those 3 bands, and it was great. Municipal was insane and so was the crowd, like I expected it. It was great also cuz it was halloween so the band did a little intro showing off their disguise and They smashed all sorts of fruits and vegetables on the stage during the show (wtf). Vektor did a great performance, im surprised they actually played their 10 min + songs, good job especially on Forests Of Legend. Napalm was ok even though I couldn't see the show at that point (Shouldnt have gone smoking my cigarette after municipal... there was no more room at that point). Still I enjoyed it very much.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
10.11.2012 - 02:18
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
The last gig I attended to, was Gojira, with Trepalium and Klone as warm-up bands. It was sick! Gojira is a really nice liveband. Did also see Enslaved a few days ago before Gojira, it was just majestic
18.11.2012 - 11:40
Lit.
Account deleted
Well, just came back from Havok and Skeletonwitch. Riveting show, not sure what else I can say.
18.11.2012 - 13:36
musclassia

Like the guy two posts above, Gojira, Trepalium and Klone. Klone were a decent surprise, Trepalium just sounded like an extreme version of Pantera (which is strange because the similarity wasn't nearly as obvious on disc, I found them closer to Meshuggah, Lamb of God and incidentally, Gojira), but Gojira were pretty intense, even if they missed a couple of my favourites (I was shocked Ocean Planet didn't make the set); still got neckache from it 3 days on
20.11.2012 - 20:44
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Dunderbeist + Devin Townsend + Fear Factory

First of all, I was disappointed that Sylosis for some reason (apparently touring in the US) didn't appear on this tour. I was really curious to see them live and this was the opportunity. Oh, well. The Norwegian folks Dunderbeist replaced them and they were a perfect band to warm up the crowd. Overall, fun stuff but nothing that makes my heart throb.

I was there to see Devin Townsend and he didn't disappoint at all. He played in a Portuguese festival two years ago and unfortunately I couldn't go but I wouldn't miss this one for the world. "Grace", "Kingdom" and "Supercrush" were the highlight of the show for me. He also played "Where We Belong" from the new album Epicloud and the new songs are sounding epic indeed. Headbanged like crazy and my neck isn't too sour, which I appreciate for a change. I was really impressed by the band that accompanies Devin, I hadn't realised before how impressive they are as musicians. The expected goofiness and fun. I love when I actually have fun at a show. Five stars Oh, actually, four and a half because he didn't play "Deep Peace". I guess time restraints dictated that.

Fear Factory followed. All my proggy friends left (which I thought was silly because they paid the ticket after all, might as well watch). I stayed, I was curious to see them and I have a newfound respect for this band. I knew they were veterans, they have tons of albums that I never really explored much, but they were impressive live and a very oiled machine. A high energy show with a great crowd too. It made me want to explore their discography. So I guess I was sold and they did their job well. What's funny about the show is that certain guitar parts, or more specifically, guitar tones reminded me of Nevermore, which was strange. I have however embraced it
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
24.11.2012 - 10:25
stocktonrocks

Last concert I attened was a great one, The Tour; Motley Crue opening for KISS, great performances by both bands but, KISS was amazing this night!! The crowd was great too, the show was at the Sleep Train Pavilion in Concord, CA USA.
24.11.2012 - 13:40
Nesrail
Account deleted
Katatonia with Alcest. That was really really awesome. The next will be Kreator with Nile and Morbid Angel. Can't go wrong there.
24.11.2012 - 18:33
Guib
Thrash Talker
Last concert I attended to was Insurrection and Cryptopsy 2 days ago in Ottawa. It was pretty violent had a lot of fun.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
27.11.2012 - 10:17
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Written by Guest on 24.11.2012 at 13:40

Katatonia with Alcest. That was really really awesome.

Lucky, I would have loved to see Alcest play when I saw Katatonia perform here in America. Too bad most people here would probably not care to see them since their lyrics are in French. Oh well, at least Paradise Lost made up for it.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
27.11.2012 - 11:41
Chriwalker
Account deleted
Kamelot in Oslo Norway. The concert was mindblowing and the experience was complete with support from Blackguard, Xandria and Triosphere
27.11.2012 - 20:09
Nesrail
Account deleted
Written by CobiWan1993 on 27.11.2012 at 10:17

Written by Guest on 24.11.2012 at 13:40

Katatonia with Alcest. That was really really awesome.

Lucky, I would have loved to see Alcest play when I saw Katatonia perform here in America. Too bad most people here would probably not care to see them since their lyrics are in French. Oh well, at least Paradise Lost made up for it.

Paradise Lost and Katatonia at the same show????? Lucky asshole. Alcest was really awesome. One of the bands I wanted to see most. If you get the change then see them.
27.11.2012 - 20:17
Patrick.

Written by Guest on 27.11.2012 at 11:41

Kamelot in Oslo Norway. The concert was mindblowing and the experience was complete with support from Blackguard, Xandria and Triosphere

Agreed! What a killer line-up that was. Blackguard was fun to watch, Triosphere was fun to listen. Xandria and especially Kamelot managed both and then some!
27.11.2012 - 21:49
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Quote:
Quote:

Paradise Lost and Katatonia at the same show????? Lucky asshole. Alcest was really awesome. One of the bands I wanted to see most. If you get the change then see them.

Yeah, Paradise Lost was great, they played a lot of stuff from their new album Tragic Idol. I definitely want to see Alcest if they ever come to America.
----
30.11.2012 - 10:55
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Just went to the Wintersun show in Hollywood tonight (left before Eluveitie performed), and they sounded amazing! The crowd was nuts! I even got to have the band members sign my album booklet and shook hands with Teemu! Here is some footage I have of one of the new songs.

You can barely hear Jari's growls at first since his mic's volume was accidentally turned down, but they fix the mic by the time they get to "I have awakened the darkness", so his vocals are fine from there.
----
01.12.2012 - 12:49
LordFezzington
Lost To Apathy
Anaal Nathrakh with Code & Winterfylleth last night in London. Sound was so shit for AN though, very disappointing considering how awesome they were at Bloodstock in August. I suppose that's what you get for £11!
----
"Pay no heed to anyone and do what seems right to yourself." - Franz Kafka, The Trial
2022 List: https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=7001
2021 List: https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=6742
03.12.2012 - 15:45
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Last night: RAM, Steel Horse and Ravensire
04.12.2012 - 07:40
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Saw Megadeth last saturday. They put on a damn fine show. Better than the last time i saw em. The place was packed and the pit was fucking righteous.
13.01.2013 - 22:32
Capt. Fluntas

On New Year's I was in Lithuania and I went to this sort-of competition where there were several local bands from the all over the country Was pretty epic, mostly death metal plus other stuff.
----
Life is one big meme.
06.02.2013 - 07:16
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Just got back from seeing The Atlas Moth, The Devin Townsend Project and Gojira in Atlanta. The show was great. It was my first encounter with The Atlas Moth's music and I gotta say I'm diggin it. Devin Townsend was a class act and, as he is known for, put on an entertaining and professional show. I'm not the biggest Gojira fan, but they sounded massive live.
06.02.2013 - 14:43
Jtbmetal123

I saw Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie, In this Moment, All That Remains, and Machine Head. It was awesome, Rob Zombie throws an awesome show.
08.02.2013 - 20:26
arwestromen

Sabaton back in november I think...Raubtier opened for them...facking awesome
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
01.03.2013 - 05:06
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Saw Testament and Flotsam and Jetsam a couple of days ago. They definitely practice what they preach.
10.03.2013 - 00:10
skrog1

Hatebreed, All That Remains, and Five Finger Deathpunch.

Not really a big fan of any of these bands but I got in for free and got to hang out back stage with ATR and Hatebreed. Hatebreed almost got into a big brawl with the security of the club, so that was pretty cool.
----
LIKE THE OFFICIAL SKROG FACEBOOK PAGE TODAY!!!!

http://facebook.com/Skrogband
29.04.2013 - 20:41
Sinfonia

Sonata Arctica
----
When there is a voice recalling, when a whisper is resounding
When a feather's grazing you again, you start traveling with your mind.
29.04.2013 - 23:21
Lit.
Account deleted
Death to All, and it was a phenomenal show.
30.04.2013 - 08:57
Joppe
Steelemeister
Overkill, on the Northern Europe Tour

Great band, performance and atmosphere. I'd definitely go see them again.
----
My vision is augmented
30.04.2013 - 22:32
Oakenhorse

Paganfest in Columbus Ohio.