Metal Storm logo
The Last Concert You Attended

Original post

Posted by Deadsoulman, 16.10.2007 - 09:33
Ok people, like the old one, this is the place to tell us your latest concert experiences!

I'll start by pasting my last message in the old thread:

I saw Behemoth, Kataklysm, Aborted and Lyfthrasyr on Sunday.

As I may write a report about this one, I won't say much. Just that Kataklysm, and above all Behemoth, were amazing. Really. Absolutely amazing. I've been blown away, even if it was the third time this year I was seeing Behemoth live (after the No Mercy fest and the Hellfest). But, as headliners, they are even better.

Ok, I'll just give you the setlists of the last two bands, for those who care
Setlist Kataklysm:
Like Angels (Weeping The Dark)
Let Them Burn
Ambassador Of Pain
The Resurrected
Crippled & Broken
Serenity In Fire
1999:6661:2000
Where The Enemy Sleeps...
Beyond Salvation
As I Slither
Face The Face Of War
Manipulator Of Souls
In Shadows And Dust

Setlist Behemoth:
Rome 64 C.E.
Slaying The Prophets Of Isa
Antichristian Phenomenon
Demigod
From The Pagan Vastlands
Prometherion
Conquer All
Christgrinding Avenue
Drum Solo
Slaves Shall Serve
As Above So Below
Summoning Of the Ancient Gods
Christians To The Lions
Decade Of Therion
Chant For Eschaton 2000

Encore:
I Got Erection (Turbonegro cover)

To reply to another post in the old thread, both bands played approximately 75 minutes.

Next to come is Enslaved and Keep Of Kalessin tomorrow
01.05.2013 - 02:12
Thrashette

Paganfest in Toronto... Lineup was Ensiferum, Tyr, Heidevolk, Trollfest, and Helsott. Amazing from beginning to end and the best concert of the year for me so far
01.05.2013 - 12:26
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Last one was Roadburn festival where I saw the following bands out of all the line ups:

Day one: Pallbearer, The Atlas Moth, Royal Thunder, Lântlos, High On Fire, Castle, Primordial, Lord Mantis and Mourning Beloveth
Day two: Dream Death, Witch Mountain, Uncle Acid And The Deadbeats, Moss, Les Discrets, Electric Wizard and Amenra
Day three: Fell Voices, The Ruins Of Beverast, Cult Of Luna, A Forest Of Stars, Jess And The Ancient Ones, Ash Borer and Process Of Guilt
Day four: Astra, Sigh, Nihill, Spiritual Beggars, Ihsahn and Leprous,
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
24.05.2013 - 21:47
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Last night I saw Lamb of God and Decapitated. They put on a pretty gnarly show, the opening band was some local band and they were awful, they weren't even close to being similar to Lamb or Decapitated.
28.05.2013 - 09:05
mbcameron

Lamb of God, In Flames, Hellyeah, and Sylosis all the way back in December. I left with a guitar pick and a drumstick and a new band to listen to (Sylosis, who blew me away). I was always extremely pleasantly surprised by In Flames, played mostly their old stuff and had a great stage presence. And, of course, Lamb of God was really amazing. I remember leaving worrying that my first time seeing them might be my last if Randy had been convicted but that obviously did not end up being the case ha ha.
15.08.2013 - 05:46
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Last night I saw the Melvins on their 30th anniversary tour. Damn good show. I had only been listening to them for a little bit and was really looking forward to seeing them live and they did not disappoint.
15.08.2013 - 06:06
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I saw four local bands last night.

a pop-punk band, and indie band, a post-rock band and a psychedelic bluescore band. It was an amazing show.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
15.08.2013 - 06:48
Mattybu

Written by Boxcar Willy on 15.08.2013 at 06:06

I saw four local bands last night.

a pop-punk band, and indie band, a post-rock band and a psychedelic bluescore band. It was an amazing show.

Seriously man. What in the GOD HELL is psychedelic bluescore??

I'm guessing a mix between neo-progressive post hetero-blackened quadra-hemi-intensified medium viscosity tetrablues and psychedelic mini-inebriated halfstoner decaffeinated hexi-conservative grind infused spicy bbq crustcore?
15.08.2013 - 07:06
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Mattybu on 15.08.2013 at 06:48

Literally a blues band that had one semi-heavy song where they yelled a bit.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
15.08.2013 - 07:13
Mattybu

Written by Boxcar Willy on 15.08.2013 at 07:06

Written by Mattybu on 15.08.2013 at 06:48

Literally a blues band that had one semi-heavy song where they yelled a bit.

then just call them blues! thats like saying Ghost is a Psychedelic Surf Rock Heavy Metal band.

It's good you are supporting local music at least. and having fun at shows. both pretty awesome things.
15.08.2013 - 10:53
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Yesterday night saw Coffins, Entrapment and Throw Me In The Crater.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.08.2013 - 03:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Uttbott - punk band from Luleå, my school mate (we can say so) plays there

Naglefar - I think I shoud not explain what band is it
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.08.2013 - 12:05
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Bad English on 18.08.2013 at 03:16

you should because in MA there is no band called Naglefar
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.08.2013 - 13:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.08.2013 at 12:05

Written by Bad English on 18.08.2013 at 03:16

you should because in MA there is no band called Naglefar

all get what band I mean Naglfar ,
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.08.2013 - 02:51
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Last night I Danzig on their 25th anniversary tour, they played a bunch of Misfits song with Doyle and it was pretty gnarly. Huntress opened and they were a lot better than I thought they were gonna be, even got to meet Jill Janus. However Scar the Martyr which was the second band was not very good.
22.08.2013 - 05:45
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I saw a bunch of local bands tonight at Thunder Bay's Marina as part of the Thunder Bay Youth Music Festival. The Auditor General played and I'm a pretty big fanboy of theirs. I bought a tanktop from a band called Poor Young Things, who are also from town, but they're touring the US and are receiving some radio air-play, which is really cool.

----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
25.08.2013 - 13:22
Abattoir

A couple of days ago I was on the Joe Cocker's concert.

Despite being an oldtimer, he & the band put out quite a show. Second time I saw him live and I was more than pleased.
05.09.2013 - 17:10
Oakenhorse

The last show I saw was Mayhem Fest. I was there for Behemoth( who dropped off the tour ) Battlecross, Machine head, and Amon Amarth.
08.09.2013 - 12:52
Sinfonia

The last show was yesterday, Elvenking. Front row, and went on the picture with the bandmembers. It is one of my favourite bands, so I'm really happy
----
When there is a voice recalling, when a whisper is resounding
When a feather's grazing you again, you start traveling with your mind.
10.09.2013 - 19:05
Ishwa

Last show I attended was last week on Friday. My band got the opportunity to open on this show for a local rock band Shatter, and the touring comedy metal act Psychostick. I'd never really heard Psychostick before but their live show was very good. Hilarious guys who put on a hilarious show while still keeping the music heavy and to the point serious.
----
Ishwa
25.10.2013 - 21:32
Abattoir

The Dillinger Escape Plan (5.10.)

Not my thing to be honest. Nevertheless I must give them a credit for the all out performance, impressive. Once again, you don't realy need to worship or like the music of the band, while the concert itself can turn out to be way better or solid at least.
However, I was positively fascinated by one of the support bands that I've heard/seen for the first time --> Maybeshewill.
02.11.2013 - 16:55
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Orphaned Land was brilliant last night here in Lisbon. I had good expectations but they exceeded it. Very professional band, sounded really tight live and obviously their interaction with the crowd is great. Loved the songs that they played from "The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR", especially. Apart from the oldies. As for the new songs, they work great live and seemed very popular among the ppl that were there. I bought a t-shirt too and left respecting the band more.

They are touring with The Mars Chronicles, Khalas and Klone.

Klone was by far the best of the support bands and they deserved more time. Their stage presence surprised me. They are really energetic and project their songs well. The songs from the last album are brilliant live as well. Overall, great fun.

The Mars Chronicles did nothing for me. They were the first and the sound was really bad, but still something was missing, maybe better songs? Khalas were entertaining and different, a good time, but that was all. It didn't make me want to listen to their albums. But they were obviously enjoying themselves and seem to love what they do.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
03.11.2013 - 14:20
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
The last gig I attended was Children Of Bodom, with warmup acts Medeia and Insomnium. To be honest, I attended the gig to see Insomnium. Medeia was a good band live, technical and everything, but didn't really suit my taste. Children Of Bodom was fun live, and Insomnium was as always, great. Wish they were playing any longer haha! Also got to hear their new single, Ephemeral. It actually sounded better live than the studio version
03.11.2013 - 17:16
Mercyful_Kate

10/17 Danzig at Rapids Theater, Niagara Falls, NY
Butcher Babies, an act featuring two strippers doing really bad Angela Gossow impersonations and a really crappy backing metalcore band, opened. The crowd booed them because they were really awful. One of the fake-titted floosies came to our side of the crowd and screamed at the unenthusiastic observers, "Doesn't anyone have a pulse out there?", and then continued, "Fucking dickheads!"
Yeah. What a bitch. I did some research on them later to discover that the two were aspiring actresses who did some modeling work, but didn't end up making anything of themselves in LA. Their agents must've whored them out to Century Media (a record label that apparently doesn't give a fuck who they sign anymore).
Danzig then took the stage and played an amazing set which completely made up for the crappy opening band that we were all forced to endure. Doyle came out to play the Misfits songs. Great show, great night!

SkinCarver
Hammer of the Gods
Twist of Cain
Am I Demon
Her Black Wings
Tired of Being Alive
Blood and Tears
Dirty Black Summer
How the Gods Kill
Death Comes Ripping
(Misfits cover)
Vampira
(Misfits cover)
I Turned Into a Martian
(Misfits cover)
Skulls
(Misfits cover)
London Dungeon
(Misfits cover)
Astro Zombies
(Misfits cover)
Last Caress
(Misfits cover)
Soul on Fire
Mother
Encore:
Do You Wear the Mark
Die, Die My Darling
03.11.2013 - 23:32
justkel
Account deleted
Last band: Megadeth, Next band: Amon Amarth and Carcass soon! which i'm really looking forward to!
05.11.2013 - 02:04
Sinfonia

Last band : Children of Bodom and Insomnium. Next bands? Amon Amarth and Carcass, after that Revamp and Kamelot
----
05.11.2013 - 02:07
Sinfonia

Written by Fallen Ghost on 03.11.2013 at 14:20

The last gig I attended was Children Of Bodom, with warmup acts Medeia and Insomnium. To be honest, I attended the gig to see Insomnium. Medeia was a good band live, technical and everything, but didn't really suit my taste. Children Of Bodom was fun live, and Insomnium was as always, great. Wish they were playing any longer haha! Also got to hear their new single, Ephemeral. It actually sounded better live than the studio version

Yeah I saw them too here in The Netherlands ! Although the crowd at Insomnium SUCKED. really, these guys at the front row were like 'Meh, is this Children of Bodom?' 'No?.....' 'oh..'
And we attended just for those two bands. My boyfriend is a huge fan so we enjoyed ourselfs but I think we stood a little bit out because we were the only one front row who were playing along and headbanging.
----
05.11.2013 - 02:55
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Katatonia/Cult of Luna/Intronaut/TesseracT Concert last month on October 6 at the El Rey Theater in Los Angeles.

Performance Thoughts (in order of who came on):

TesseracT - Great band, I wish they were the co-headliners since they put on a great show and were just a lot of fun.

Intronaut - They were alright, I wasn't really affected by them all that much. They had some really trippy light effects though.

Cult of Luna - They were pretty good and had some good songs, but their set really dragged after a while.

Katatonia - The main band I had come to see (my 3rd time) and they did not disappoint. They played a ton of bonus/b-side songs like "Ashen" and "Dissolving Bonds" along with fan favorites like "My Twin" and "July", which was awesome. "Unfurl" has to be the best way to end a concert I've ever witnessed in person. Fantastic show.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
05.11.2013 - 17:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Yesterday night Obliteration, Degial and Deathronation

Obliteration were just wow, wow, wow. Certainly one of the best gigs if not the best gig of the year thus far.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.11.2013 - 23:32
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Even though these are all old, I forgot to mention these concert dates on this thread before, so it'll provide me closure to do so now.

Iron Maiden - 08/10/2012
Tons of Local Metal Bands- 02/23/2013
Steven Wilson - 05/10/2013
Opeth/Katatonia - 05/25/2013 (Even got to meet Katatonia at a meet and greet, shake hands, sign autographs, and take a picture with them, really cool dudes)
Agalloch - 09/15/2013

Obviously I've seen way more shows, but now I've listed every metal (or metal-related) show I've seen on this thread.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
10.11.2013 - 20:59
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
I saw Kreator, Overkill and Warbringer last night. It was my second time seeing Kreator and they were as good if not better than the first. Overkill was definitely gnarly and so was Warbringer. I've only listened to their first album so didn't really know what they would be like but they were definitely good.