Metal Storm logo
Electric Wizard

Original post

Posted by , 17.10.2007 - 00:51
Electric Wizard are pretty well-known for a doom band, but still, they didn't have a thread on Metalstorm, so I decided to create it. I have two of their releases, Come My Fanatics, and Supercoven, and while I liked Supercoven from the minute I heard it, I found Come My Fanatics somewhat boring, until last night while listening to it with headphones something clicked and I realized how brilliant this album really is. If I love the dirty retro sound, nihilistic attitude and trippy atmosphere of these releases which album should I get next? And are they any good still now that only Oborn of the original lineup remains, or have they turned too "easy listening" ? And what are your general thoughts about this band?
12.12.2010 - 04:33
Numbskull

Written by Guest on 26.11.2010 at 02:52

Black Masses is a dirty-sounding masterpiece.... their best after Dopethrone... and the muddy production helps a lot to create that sinister sound that makes it so great.

Yea, this is a good one that's for sure. I just can't get enough of the dirty fuzz doom metal.
23.04.2011 - 03:37
Balthazine

Great band, have all their albums. Dopethrone, Come My Fanatics, and Electric Wizard, are probably my three favorites from them. Though I'm really digging the hell out of Black Mass. A lot of people complain about the quality and it being too "muddy" but I think it really adds to the music.
----
Sometimes in metal they have called me:
The Minneapolis Metal Music Examiner -I write articles on metal in the MN area for Examiner.com
The Metal Detector -A history of digging up old forgotten metal bands
Thrash Master -Famous for my Walls O' Thrash
07.02.2012 - 02:54
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
One of the best stoner/doom bands I've ever heard, I love the fuzz in their sound too.
"Burnout" is such a great song to get stoned to!